Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7017 7018 [7019] 7020 7021 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14453327 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #105270 on: July 01, 2016, 09:34:47 pm »

That would be because the closest thing to Polyamory that American pop culture has any knowledge of is Mormons.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105271 on: July 01, 2016, 09:37:35 pm »

Which is a little funny since I recently went out for sashimi and had to listen to a poly couple discussing all the issues of being poly :P
We have a lot of fucked-up laws, and some of us are shit, but we're kinda near the forefront when it comes to acceptance.

And since everyone brings up "per capita" with our faults, it's worth mentioning here too.  For our size, we're pretty damn accepting.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105272 on: July 01, 2016, 09:38:43 pm »

That would be because the closest thing to Polyamory that American pop culture has any knowledge of is Mormons.
Wait, what? Where did you get this from?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #105273 on: July 01, 2016, 09:42:41 pm »

Mormon polygamy operate on the basis that men are special and women are not. Polyamory operate on the basis that either everyone is special or nobody is.

I lean towards polyamory because I believe anyone can fall in oove with anyone if circumstances allow. It's not like everybody was paired with their soulmate by some weird cosmic intellect that gives a damn about our love life for some reasons.

Like, I love my boyfriend dearly, but it is mostly because we have clicked and had the time to grow to love each other, not because we were destined to be together or some nonsense.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105274 on: July 01, 2016, 09:47:06 pm »

#monogamousmasterrace
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105275 on: July 01, 2016, 09:48:58 pm »

Like, I love my boyfriend dearly, but it is mostly because we have clicked and had the time to grow to love each other, not because we were destined to be together or some nonsense.
That's pretty mature.
And yeah, polyamory through a gender filter is pretty explicitly bullshit.
Offence meant, Mormons.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #105276 on: July 01, 2016, 10:20:20 pm »

True, the best measure of morality is whether it fits in the database.
So many freakin time systems and name traditions.  Internationally speaking, dates and names are surely the greatest of humanity's sins.

Plus all the other stuff that's worse, obviously.

names are a sin

Fear names. Names have power in identity. Others can use names as weapons. Names are a hook that can be used to track you across the planes. Remain nameless, and you shall be safe.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #105277 on: July 01, 2016, 10:24:44 pm »

Wait, what? Where did you get this from?
Polyamory has such a low footprint on American pop culture that it might as well not exist for all the average American knows about it.

Mormons at least are in our political discussion (Mitt Romney, some mild political controversy a while back about a law in Utah banning polygamy more explicitly than it already is banned) and slightly in our fiction (Book of Mormon).  Plus they usually get a footnote in history classes.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #105278 on: July 01, 2016, 10:44:23 pm »

Personally I don't have anything against polyamory. I just don't ever intend to engage in it, because I don't feel that having multiple romantic partners allows one to give the full attention necessary to a healthy relationship.
Plus they usually get a footnote in history classes.
Can confirm.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #105279 on: July 01, 2016, 11:35:24 pm »

Polyamory isn't about healthy relationships, it's about mekin' bairns. That's what women are for, right? /wrong
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #105280 on: July 01, 2016, 11:44:03 pm »

that's certainly what traditional polygamy is about

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #105281 on: July 01, 2016, 11:45:34 pm »

I had enough trouble just attempting one romantic relationship, let alone if I were to try to have several going on at the same time. I'd be a mess. >.>
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105282 on: July 01, 2016, 11:55:54 pm »

To gain a licence for an additional relationship slot, you must be over the age of 140 and pass an exam demonstrating interpersonal relationship skill mastery.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #105283 on: July 02, 2016, 12:27:23 am »

Can confirm.
Can also confirm.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105284 on: July 02, 2016, 12:28:57 am »

Can confirm.
Can also confirm.
Can probably confirm, although it might've just been Sherlock Holmes.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 7017 7018 [7019] 7020 7021 ... 11040