Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7015 7016 [7017] 7018 7019 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14455435 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #105240 on: July 01, 2016, 12:33:30 pm »

Man, my bathroom stalls only have references to prostitution (phone numbers included), gay sex, and ocasional references to hipster music and angry rants about ex girlfriends.

Enjoy your allahu ackbar before it becomes filled with dicks and Ines Brasil one-liners.
In the university where I study (which is where I took that) it's either the political right bashing the left or the left bashing the right (depends on whether you are in a building that has engineering or human sciences classes, respectively), random quotes by assorted philosophers, student council politics, game of thrones spoilers, and... allahu ackbar I guess.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #105241 on: July 01, 2016, 12:34:19 pm »

There's a glorious graffito in a stall at my university that reads "I stole this marker from my criminal psychology tut". The rest are generally pretty average.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #105242 on: July 01, 2016, 12:39:03 pm »

Stuff at the bottom says "hello islamic state!". No idea about the actual text.
The Arabic is probably something unrelated and innocuous. The bottom line is written with a different marker, so it was probably added there afterwards by a snarkmeister who saw Arabic, couldn't read it, and assumed a connection to terrorism. I can't read Arabic either, though, so it could just as well be a manifesto on how the Western world must be destroyed. Still, Occam's Razor.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105243 on: July 01, 2016, 12:55:16 pm »

Man, my bathroom stalls only have references to prostitution (phone numbers included), gay sex, and ocasional references to hipster music and angry rants about ex girlfriends.

Enjoy your allahu ackbar before it becomes filled with dicks and Ines Brasil one-liners.
In the university where I study (which is where I took that) it's either the political right bashing the left or the left bashing the right (depends on whether you are in a building that has engineering or human sciences classes, respectively), random quotes by assorted philosophers, student council politics, game of thrones spoilers, and... allahu ackbar I guess.

Psh, you see that everywhere nowadays. Game of Thrones spoilers is one kind I've been tempted to do. I finished my post grad before the temptation got too hard. The stalls in that one building were disappointingly clean.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105244 on: July 01, 2016, 01:30:31 pm »

Does "tossed it" mean threw up?
"to toss one's cookies" isn't universal?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105245 on: July 01, 2016, 02:10:35 pm »

Your deployment of the idiom was...Nonstandard
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105246 on: July 01, 2016, 03:08:53 pm »

It wasn't clear, but it was creative.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #105247 on: July 01, 2016, 03:47:36 pm »

Does "tossed it" mean threw up?
"to toss one's cookies" isn't universal?

I have literally never heard that one before (but is not english).

The full idiom makes much less sense than how you used it :P
Love, scriver~

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105248 on: July 01, 2016, 06:25:23 pm »

I've heard the idiom before, but it's been a while.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #105249 on: July 01, 2016, 08:17:52 pm »

wait sorry this thought just caught up to me

do i really seem straight (as opposed to bi)? what does that even mean...

(not in the "wow what does that mean" sense but in the "wow i really want to explore the reasoning behind that statement because it's fascinating")

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #105250 on: July 01, 2016, 08:22:50 pm »

Interestingly, the bathrooms at my college are almost entirely free of graffiti. I had never really noticed the absence previously, but it does seem odd.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105251 on: July 01, 2016, 08:24:15 pm »

@Putnam
As someone who admired your posts for a while, I never got an impression either way.  Didn't really think about it, though.
I mean especially since I saw one of your group videos about TES lore and was impressed but also "nah too young for me".

Some people act really gay, and some people (me, maybe?) make a point about being bi out of insecurity.  I never got any such impression from you, which is kinda ideal.  In a perfect world it shouldn't be any sort of big deal or defining attribute, at least imho.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105252 on: July 01, 2016, 08:25:18 pm »

@Putnam: *shrug* on all fronts.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #105253 on: July 01, 2016, 08:31:32 pm »

Putnam: I've got to say people's sexual orientation isn't really something I tend to think about when reading their posts. Unless it's specifically mentioned I can't actually tell what somebody's sexuality is, and in a lot of ways don't care unless it's relevant, from the way they act. I dunno, maybe other people can tell orientation etc. from the content of people's posts. To actually answer you, no you don't seem bi to casual observation, at least in my opinion, but nor do you seem straight.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 08:34:42 pm by Gamedragon »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #105254 on: July 01, 2016, 08:41:07 pm »

In a perfect world it shouldn't be any sort of big deal or defining attribute, at least imho.

My opinions on sexuality and morality when it comes to relationships in general is thus: "if it can fit in a database, it's fine, and if it can't, it's probably still fine but i'll whine about it a little because how did you even do that"

This essay is my holy book.

I reread that and felt actually a little weirded out about how stodgy he was about Elizabeth and Daphne being married to each other and Daphne being married to Charles but not Charles to Elizabeth in the first paragraph of Fourteen.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 08:44:19 pm by Putnam »
Pages: 1 ... 7015 7016 [7017] 7018 7019 ... 11040