Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6999 7000 [7001] 7002 7003 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14466349 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #105000 on: June 27, 2016, 08:47:08 am »

And dear god, I can't stress how much the protagonist bugs me. He reminds me way too much of myself when I was his age--obsessed with repeating random, questionably useful trivia at people, going off on weird tangents all the time that have very little to do with anything else, touting literature he barely comprehends as his favorite book, and generally trying to grow up way too fast. He always talks about "inventing" things, by which he means stormbraining weird hypothetical ideas and acting proud about it. He uses excessively large words all the time, but he always uses the same ones. And all the adults in the book love him for all of this. This is probably more of a personal qualm than anything, honestly, but this kid feels like a cheap facsimile of a person I was aeons ago and I hate it.

I think the normal reaction to this sort of behavior is to say "Shut up Wesley." #EverythingIKnowILearnedFromStarTrek
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105001 on: June 27, 2016, 08:52:42 am »

*Searches own name in search bar to see if still relevent*

Yep. THE Derm. Complete with tentacle mage avatar and very Dermy personal text thingy.
On top of that, it was a complete accident that I found him.

Hello! Yes I have basically switched forums. 's not like I was around much before, I really only ever posted in the RTD section.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #105002 on: June 27, 2016, 09:03:09 am »

*Searches own name in search bar to see if still relevent*

Yep. THE Derm. Complete with tentacle mage avatar and very Dermy personal text thingy.
On top of that, it was a complete accident that I found him.

Hello! Yes I have basically switched forums. 's not like I was around much before, I really only ever posted in the RTD section.

Nu uh, I barely post in the RTD section and I knoew you, Horatio.
Love, scriver~

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #105003 on: June 27, 2016, 09:08:36 am »

Yeah, that [7] fireball roll was intense enough to burn through the barrier separating RTD from the rest of the forum :P
._.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #105004 on: June 27, 2016, 09:09:46 am »

tfw you become a meme despite barely being part of the community

I also searched my username (Cinder) this morning. The weirdest thing I found was SerCon saying a character in Always Sometimes Monster in his LP looked like me, which was strange because a) I wasn't aware SerCon even knew I existed b) Nor was I aware he knew what I look like.

But otherwise I don't really see anything interesting much. Probably because it's drowned by people burning things, and me not being all that active.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105005 on: June 27, 2016, 09:34:49 am »

Yeah, that [7] fireball roll was intense enough to burn through the barrier separating RTD from the rest of the forum :P

Haha, yeah.

They don't make RTD's like they used to.

Also I stopped getting emails when new ones were posted SOOOOOOOO

tfw you become a meme despite barely being part of the community

It's a dying meme and I am sad for the loss.

REVITALIZE IT, MY MINIONS! GO SPREAD THE WORD OF DERM.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 09:40:28 am by Dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #105006 on: June 27, 2016, 09:52:21 am »

I went and searched for my username as well. Apprently poketwo, a now-banned user, declared me their mortal enemy in the "above user in a nutshell" thread. Today is the first I hear of this feud.

IS SOMEWHAT RIGHT, BUT ITS BECAUSE OF MY NEW MORTAL ENEMY, ICYTEA THAT CAUSED THE CONTROVERSY!
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #105007 on: June 27, 2016, 09:52:55 am »

Are you mostly active on SB or SV now, Derm? I know I remember seeing a few of your posts and threads on each. Pokemon story update when

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105008 on: June 27, 2016, 10:16:27 am »

Are you mostly active on SB or SV now, Derm? I know I remember seeing a few of your posts and threads on each. Pokemon story update when

Moreso on SV but I'm posting on SB as well. I'M STUCK IN DIALOGUE HELL plz send help

Also haha it's funny you have that avatar cause of the giant craze about FoZ that happened on SB.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 10:21:18 am by Dermonster »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105009 on: June 27, 2016, 10:32:54 am »

Have you ever been feeling really down-in-the-dumps and unhappy, at the end of your rope kinda deal, and then something really bad comes along to make you feel even worse, and then suddenly you have trouble remembering quite what you were feeling bad about beforehand? Like, you hit the limit of how many things you can feel bad about at once?

It's a weird feeling, that's for sure.

Oh hi, Derm! I'm gonna post some quotes about butts and weiners in the OOCQ thread to celebrate your return. :)   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105010 on: June 27, 2016, 11:11:05 am »

Oh hi, Derm! I'm gonna post some quotes about butts and weiners in the OOCQ thread to celebrate your return. :)   

Don't you dare

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105011 on: June 27, 2016, 11:13:20 am »

I'll only agree to spread the Legend of the Derm if you agree to come back and play some more RTDs, Dammit.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #105012 on: June 27, 2016, 11:13:43 am »

Don't you dare
What's the problem with posting about cigarettes and hot dogs? :P
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105013 on: June 27, 2016, 11:17:33 am »

I'll only agree to spread the Legend of the Derm if you agree to come back and play some more RTDs, Dammit.

I'll play more RTD's if they're
1 Not shit
2 Don't have a giant character sheet or complicated mechanics
3 I am able to get in on the initial player creation
4. I prefer high fantasy.

People very often fail 1 and 2. Seem to think complexity = interesting.

In any case I fail 3 myself because I no longer seem to get 100% accurate emails about new RTD's.

I also have this hangup where I fucking hate being forced to stop playing a game because a series of bad rolls makes me die. EX: Salvation.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 11:20:00 am by Dermonster »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105014 on: June 27, 2016, 11:20:05 am »

1 Not shit
oh yeah thats a real qualitative feature that ill be able to cook up for you real easy
Pages: 1 ... 6999 7000 [7001] 7002 7003 ... 11037