Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6998 6999 [7000] 7001 7002 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14466477 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #104985 on: June 26, 2016, 10:54:19 pm »

I'm a heretical Reformed Christian, ferex, because I don't believe in the six-day creation.

Neither does Pope Francis or the catholic church in general for many, many years now.

Well, to quote, "Truth cannot contradict truth." is the official word on the subject, I think.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #104986 on: June 26, 2016, 11:18:48 pm »

I'm a heretical Reformed Christian, ferex, because I don't believe in the six-day creation.
Neither does Pope Francis or the catholic church in general for many, many years now.
Well yeah, but the Reformed church does.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #104987 on: June 26, 2016, 11:27:43 pm »

OW admits to heretical behavior, total depravity confirmed. all glory to the apostate master race
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104988 on: June 26, 2016, 11:28:21 pm »

OW admits to heretical behavior, total depravity confirmed. all glory to the apostate master race
glory, indeed.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #104989 on: June 26, 2016, 11:33:39 pm »

OW admits to sensible behavior, normalcy confirmed. all glory to the apostate master race

'cept not really probs etc.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #104990 on: June 26, 2016, 11:36:48 pm »

Think the most amusing bit about that was the post a bit before claiming to be a heretic where OW spoke against an increase in heresy. Apparently OW's trying to get a monopoly or somethin'.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #104991 on: June 26, 2016, 11:40:48 pm »

I'm not inconsistent, I swear
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #104992 on: June 27, 2016, 12:04:45 am »

goddammit these EDF games look so good
._.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #104993 on: June 27, 2016, 12:44:39 am »

Reading Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close for a school assignment. 108 pages in.

-I'm trying to cut down on my "hard" profanity usage, but this book warrants the question: what the fuck was Johnathan Safran Foer smoking when he wrote this thing?!
-What kind of nine-year-old knows what a blowjob is? Was the frankly ridiculous amount of sexual content (given that this book is about a nine-year-old kid) some kind of avant-garde, or an attempt to shock the reader?
-I get that not including "I said" and "she said" and such was a stylistic choice but goddamnit this makes conversations ludicrously difficult to read. It's like if you're watching a movie and all the characters are voiced by the same person, then whenever they start talking the camera shifts so you can't see whose mouths are moving.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #104994 on: June 27, 2016, 01:48:48 am »

goddammit these EDF games look so good
Yeah, Red Faction: Guerrilla is really great.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104995 on: June 27, 2016, 05:41:43 am »

The popup for Windows 10 is coming up more and more. Normally, it's once every few days, now it's once every few hours. Think they're desperate to force an upgrade?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #104996 on: June 27, 2016, 05:43:38 am »

Isn't the free upgrade period over?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #104997 on: June 27, 2016, 05:43:54 am »

-What kind of nine-year-old knows what a blowjob is? Was the frankly ridiculous amount of sexual content (given that this book is about a nine-year-old kid) some kind of avant-garde, or an attempt to shock the reader?
Millions upon millions of them? I had ran into necrophilia by the time I was eight, so far as knowledge goes (fuck you, anthony!). Even more would know about 'em nowadays, probably. Not all of my peers would have known what a blowjob was, but if you had asked a class of my fellow nine-year-olds, the number would not have been zero (well, assuming you could get an honest answer out of all of them). And that was before the advent of much internet saturation.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #104998 on: June 27, 2016, 06:40:32 am »

It's weird. We go to his place to spend every weekend. Don't know why.

He's a loud, verbally abusive, and controlling asshole.

That is why.
See wiki.

I still think it's funny that the Inquisition is treated as the incarnation of everything that was wrong with the Middle Ages, for example.

I think the only funny part of it is that people associate the inquisition/processing with the middle ages when in reality is was very much a renaissance thing.

And by funny I mean it pushes my Renaissance-Was-a-Bunch-of-Assholes button ;)

Reading Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close for a school assignment. 108 pages in.

-I'm trying to cut down on my "hard" profanity usage, but this book warrants the question: what the fuck was Johnathan Safran Foer smoking when he wrote this thing?!

Yes. As the level of sexual content in a work of art rises the probability of it being an attempt to shock the audience approaches one.

Also what kind of a nine year old doesn't know what a blowjob is? I knew, and I was certainly not particularly precocious when it came to sexual matters.
Pre-edit: And this was, like Frumple said, before internet was like it is today too.

-I get that not including "I said" and "she said" and such was a stylistic choice but goddamnit this makes conversations ludicrously difficult to read. It's like if you're watching a movie and all the characters are voiced by the same person, then whenever they start talking the camera shifts so you can't see whose mouths are moving.

You would love one of my favourite books, City of My Dreams by Per Anders Fogelström (and the rest of the books in the series). Not only does he not use "he said she said" annotation but also completely forgoes quotation marks of any kind and relies only on the author's ability to change the tone into a more dialoguical one and dialectial spelling to get the point that someone is speaking across.

It's one of the stylistic choices I admire the most, to be honest, and wish I was able to implement without sounding pretentious.
Love, scriver~

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #104999 on: June 27, 2016, 07:51:08 am »

Hm. Guess I was just kinda sheltered, I suppose. (Now that I think about it, I found out what, exactly, sex was by looking it up in the dictionary in fifth grade :v)
Spoiler: Kinda ranty? (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 6998 6999 [7000] 7001 7002 ... 11037