Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6960 6961 [6962] 6963 6964 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14470943 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #104415 on: June 16, 2016, 11:23:47 pm »

WW1 Arma maybe?
How did I not just think of this, Arma already feels like a war-is-a-fucking-nightmare simulator.
tfw everyone dies because it takes three minutes to navigate to the proper menu option to put on your gas mask and wait through the animation
tfw everyone dies because you can't climb over a knee-high ledge
tfw everyone dies because high-difficulty AI can still instantly headshot you from 600m out even with an unscoped WWI-vintage bolt action
tfw everyone dies because a Mark V bugs out on a rock and flies through a cluster of infantry at 60mph
tfw everyone... you get the picture.

:P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #104416 on: June 16, 2016, 11:35:29 pm »

Out of many hours of OFP and a miniscule amount of Arma 2, I haven't really seen that many glitches. There's moments where the AI makes some baffling decisions, but nothing that could for sure be called a bug.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #104417 on: June 17, 2016, 01:09:53 am »

This. This all damn day. It's why I never got within 100m of an active armored vehicle if I could at all help it. I donated for a AAA vehicle on an Exile server-not a modded vehicle, mind, but one of the vanilla ones-and I didn't even need to be moving for shit to happen. I can think of at least seven separate occasions where it flipped upside down while I was traversing the hull on flat ground. Vehicles in general have super-weird physics in too many ways to mention.

And then there's stairs, ladders, rubble piles, rocks, and many other common terrain elements being deadly threats that could kill you at any time with poor collision modeling and wonky physics.

Don't get me wrong, I love ArmA. But there are so many glitchy things, a great many of which strike without warning and kill you dead. ArmA III fixed some, but there's plenty left to get you. At least prone-crawling up to a rock or stone wall will usually just shunt you into a sharp angle looking up or force you to stand instead of sucking you into the ground and killing you. I've still had more than a few deaths to falling through staircases and such, though.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104418 on: June 17, 2016, 01:15:10 am »

Once, in planetside 2, I was instakilled by my own Vanu hovertank rolling downhill.

It was rolling away from me - I was uphill, where logic told me I would be perfectly safe even if it was somehow possible for a hovertank that hovers ~4 feet off the ground to run people over.

You make ARMA sound worse, which is... disturbing.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104419 on: June 17, 2016, 01:27:41 am »

even if it was somehow possible for a hovertank that hovers ~4 feet off the ground to run people over.
Being in between a magnetically levitating tank and the ground is unhealthy.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104420 on: June 17, 2016, 01:31:36 am »

I'm sure it uses some kind of magic. The technology all looks sci-fi, but in function it's all directly cribbed from world war 2 (or even more primitive). (Take the rockets/projectiles and tank armor types for instance)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #104421 on: June 17, 2016, 01:43:40 am »

I'm sure it uses some kind of magic.
The standard 'a wizard did it' explanation in Planetside 2 is nanites. Where do all these tanks and planes come from? Nanites. How can this turret have infinite ammo? Nanites. How does this tool raise the dead? Nanites. Why does a hover tank work so similarly to a tracked one? Nanites. Why do soldiers need to be 'certified' for every piece of equipment separately, even when they are very similar? Nanites.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #104422 on: June 17, 2016, 01:50:36 am »

I'm sure it uses some kind of magic.
Why do soldiers need to be 'certified' for every piece of equipment separately, even when they are very similar? Nanites bureaucracy.

FTFY
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104423 on: June 17, 2016, 02:21:10 am »

Once, in planetside 2, I was instakilled by my own Vanu hovertank rolling downhill.

It was rolling away from me - I was uphill, where logic told me I would be perfectly safe even if it was somehow possible for a hovertank that hovers ~4 feet off the ground to run people over.

The problem here is that you play Vanu, spandex scumlord.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #104424 on: June 17, 2016, 08:32:27 am »

even if it was somehow possible for a hovertank that hovers ~4 feet off the ground to run people over.
Being in between a magnetically levitating tank and the ground is unhealthy.
Not of you're a Jedi, man.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #104425 on: June 17, 2016, 11:38:15 am »

Yeah Planetside 2 is basically WW2 with tracers and stickers and C4 falling on your head from 200 meters up.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #104426 on: June 17, 2016, 11:38:54 am »

Yeah Planetside 2 is basically WW2 with tracers and stickers and C4 falling on your head from 200 meters up.
Also lasers and plasma are involved.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104427 on: June 17, 2016, 11:42:06 am »

And much better dress sense... at least on the Vanu side.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104428 on: June 17, 2016, 01:09:37 pm »

The problem here is that you play Vanu, spandex scumlord.

A. I played all three factions!
B. I quit ages ago.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #104429 on: June 17, 2016, 01:29:47 pm »

I'll have actual, bleak, horrifying trench warfare sooner-or-later goddamnit.
This isn't good enough for you?
._.
Pages: 1 ... 6960 6961 [6962] 6963 6964 ... 11037