Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6956 6957 [6958] 6959 6960 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14470853 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #104355 on: June 16, 2016, 08:51:56 am »

Your legs come awake at night and wrestle for the KO.
It wasn't asleep- it was unconscious.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #104356 on: June 16, 2016, 09:26:01 am »

I kinda want a futuristic blanket that reads your mind and shape itself and regulate its temperature to be perfect.
And then the AI goes mental and strangles+cooks you in your sleep.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #104357 on: June 16, 2016, 09:38:38 am »

I kinda want a futuristic blanket that reads your mind and shape itself and regulate its temperature to be perfect.
What if the AI goes tsundere and starts randomly alternating between being comfortable and uncomfortable?
._.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104358 on: June 16, 2016, 09:40:01 am »

Who said that this would need an AI?  But sure.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104359 on: June 16, 2016, 10:26:47 am »

What if the AI goes tsundere and starts randomly alternating between being comfortable and uncomfortable?

It's not like I like you or anything, b-baka!
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104360 on: June 16, 2016, 10:30:30 am »

It's not like I like you or anything, b-baka!
*Brandishes broom*
One wheel short of a wagon

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #104361 on: June 16, 2016, 11:16:38 am »

It'll be the next "non-sentient thing becomes cute anime girl" show
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #104362 on: June 16, 2016, 11:48:27 am »

Youtubers are putting Battlefield 1 content out from some demo EA let them play.  There are really two WTFs: the first is all the youtube comments saying that its unrealistic because machine guns/parachutes/tanks didn't exist... they did?  Second is that the tone is kinda... off for WW1, especially the war zeppelin with people parachuting out of it, which I would describe as almost steampunk (among other things, paratroopers hadn't been invented yet).  The tech is right, the flow of combat isn't, which is about what I was expecting.

Still looks like a kickass game, pity hardware concerns are going to force me to skip it.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104363 on: June 16, 2016, 12:32:43 pm »

The tanks seem oddly agile and powerful. The gameplay clip I saw showed a Mark 3II (or was it a mark v?) moving through rough terrain at about the same speed a modern day APC would and breaking down walls.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #104364 on: June 16, 2016, 12:35:08 pm »

"Hey, let's do WWI, but with modern tanks and zeppelins dropping paratroopers, no one will ever notice the difference!"
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104365 on: June 16, 2016, 12:40:44 pm »

The tanks seem oddly agile and powerful. The gameplay clip I saw showed a Mark 3II (or was it a mark v?) moving through rough terrain at about the same speed a modern day APC would and breaking down walls.

Something tells me realistic mark whatever heavy tanks wouldn't be too much fun

I'm fairly certain they didn't go much faster than marching pace.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104366 on: June 16, 2016, 12:47:42 pm »

But thats the thing. If I play a game about being a soldier in WW1, I'm not playing it to have a regular FPS experience, I'm playing it to have FPS experience that more closely matches the standards of WW1. If tanks were slow as all hell back then, then so be it :v

I don't want to spend money on a game about ww1 thats essentialy just a reskinned normal CoD game filled with bolt action weapons.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104367 on: June 16, 2016, 12:53:55 pm »

I don't want to spend money on a game about ww1 thats essentialy just a reskinned normal CoD game filled with bolt action weapons.

Not even that. From what I've seen there are very few bolt action weapons, most people are fighting with semi-automatics.

Personally, I think battlefield one will end up like FarCry Primal, brand new setting, same old game. It will probably still be good, but it won't be the breath of fresh air we're dying for.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104368 on: June 16, 2016, 12:58:18 pm »

Well Battlefield 1 looks more like a steampunk shooter rather than actual WW1.
There should be some concessions made for gameplays sake but from what i saw it... kinda became Battlefield Steampunk.

because... you know steampunk is about mechanical contraptions that despite being relatively primitive (but not simple) manage to work way better than they have any right to.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104369 on: June 16, 2016, 01:00:23 pm »

I don't want to spend money on a game thats essentialy just a reskinned normal CoD game
Well, there's your problem!
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 6956 6957 [6958] 6959 6960 ... 11037