Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6911 6912 [6913] 6914 6915 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14468280 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #103680 on: June 05, 2016, 06:31:13 pm »

Made it a point to watch some TV with my mom. Told her I mostly just wanted to spend time with her. Her response,

"That's not what I consider spending time with...."

Lovely. Forgetting the fact that none of your other kids spend any time with you, that's about all we even can do, but whatever.
It's odd that she seems determined to be miserable.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103681 on: June 05, 2016, 07:57:02 pm »

You probably should have tried playing a board game with her.
Watching TV in silence is so interactive you might as well have been in another town.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #103682 on: June 05, 2016, 08:09:12 pm »

Tiny frogs are tarantula housecats.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #103683 on: June 05, 2016, 08:38:22 pm »

You probably should have tried playing a board game with her.
Watching TV in silence is so interactive you might as well have been in another town.

You can talk about a show before, during and after. Maybe say 'Oo, that's exciting'. Watching TV doesn't necessarily imply total silence and ignoring the other person.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #103684 on: June 05, 2016, 09:07:14 pm »

Yeah, I sometimes watch Midsomer Murders or something similar with my mum. We're usually throwing comments back and forth about what's going on.
IMO watching things with someone else when you can talk about it is much more engaging than watching in silence.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103685 on: June 05, 2016, 09:08:34 pm »

Jeopardy! can be fun, especially if you play along.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #103686 on: June 05, 2016, 09:50:42 pm »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-muslim-judge-could-biased-000000344.html

Jesus, if anybody else said half the stuff this Trump guy does that'd be the end. Somehow he seems to feed off completely illogical stuff. This judge hasn't done anything wrong and is somehow getting blasted for no reason. I'm kind of amazed Trump is just taking this to new lows of insanity and somehow he's kinda winning while calling it "common sense."

I ... I have no idea how he could ever strategically expect the Hispanic vote after the comment he made about "rapists" from Mexico, and now this? I am honestly not sure of the right words to describe this. I pray to God that if this guy gets elected; he doesn't dare talk to Putin or the Chinese this way, because that's not going to end well for anybody.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103687 on: June 05, 2016, 09:52:25 pm »

Best case scenario is that whoever gets elected chokes on a mint in the oval office, letting the VP take over.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #103688 on: June 05, 2016, 10:08:15 pm »

I'm convinced Trump's actually a smart man and is just doing this to see how far he can get.

'We're building a wall!' *Cheering* *whispering* 'Jesus Christ these guys are fucking morons.'
Then he wins the presidency and promptly becomes an excellent and moderate leader. We can but hope.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103689 on: June 05, 2016, 10:17:28 pm »

My own mother just called me a "pretentious bullshit artist".   
I guess I deserved that for constantly mocking the awful town she chooses to live in for some reason. :P

Re: Watching TV shows with people, I find that can be pretty fun.
In fact most of the shows I watch, I watch with one or two friends. The amount of shit-talking and humorous commentary varies depending on the sort of show/film we're watching... although there's that one especially annoying housemate who likes to walk in as we're watching something and start giggling like a moron at the most inappropriate moments.
Man, I really want to stab him in the face when he does that.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #103690 on: June 05, 2016, 10:32:41 pm »

Best case scenario is that whoever gets elected chokes on a mint in the oval office, letting the VP take over.
The actual best case scenario is that Trump accidentally activates Option 145 and the White House is launched into space.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103691 on: June 05, 2016, 10:34:51 pm »

But wait, what if he actually manages to "make America great again"?
I'm not sure exactly what that means, but if he manages to somehow pull it off I'll be impressed. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #103692 on: June 05, 2016, 10:36:25 pm »

I'm not sure exactly what that means, but if he manages to somehow pull it off I'll be impressed. :P
He wants to make it the biggest country in the world, surpassing dirty commies like China and Canada.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #103693 on: June 05, 2016, 10:45:54 pm »

He wants to make it the biggest country in the world, surpassing dirty commies like China and Canada.
China and the EU, actually. Not that I expect the average Trump supporter to know the difference...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #103694 on: June 05, 2016, 10:47:17 pm »

China and the EU, actually. Not that I expect the average Trump supporter to know the difference...
I was talking about actual size, in square kilometres, but sure.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 6911 6912 [6913] 6914 6915 ... 11037