Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6902 6903 [6904] 6905 6906 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14468236 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #103545 on: June 03, 2016, 11:43:34 am »

Hey, its only 500 - maybe 1500 words.   Type up a quick draft, highlighting how you believe that integrity, faith, and (your hobby) can enrich your life and make the world a better place.

Also, throw in something about what your intended major is.  If you don't have one talk about a job you want or simply mention that education is important.

Its somewhat annoying maybe, and something of a hassle, but its not actually all that time consuming, and if you can make them happy, then nobody is hurt for it.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103546 on: June 03, 2016, 11:54:16 am »

Colleges do care about extracurricular activities, supposedly.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103547 on: June 03, 2016, 12:07:59 pm »

And don't outright say it to them, but if you have to begin working on such an important document already, than they should be reviewing it and giving you feedback  :o

Wouldn't want you to blunder, rite?  Gotta be sure your beloved parents are involved in the process.

And what version you submit is entirely up to you when you submit your application packet.  So who's to say you don't have a second version?
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103548 on: June 03, 2016, 12:14:29 pm »

Indeed.  What everyone else said.

And if your school has college counseling, see if they'll back you up.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 12:17:32 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #103549 on: June 03, 2016, 12:44:56 pm »

Go to get a bus card at the bus terminal so I don't have to scrounge my backpack for loose change. Apparently, the place where one normally does that is under reforms or something and I had to go to a container that was, and I quote, "in front of the mall next door". Except it wasn't in front of the mall. It was squeezed between the two buildings, with the sign facing the ocean and not the street. After going around the entirety of the mall, I get there... only to find out they now want a proof of residence in addition to everything else. Fucking hell.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103551 on: June 03, 2016, 07:01:00 pm »

Well shoot, I weigh 200 pounds right now!

This is awesome, not wtf.

Although, I hasten to add that I would not fit into such a club, and I suspect many of us would not as well.  And, given the obesity is at an alltime high in our country (i think), its nothing special these days.

And also you know, empty calorie foods exist by the hundreds in Amurica today.  Was an actual feat to get big before, and people used to praise it as good fortune.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 07:02:39 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #103552 on: June 03, 2016, 07:04:17 pm »

It seems the cup of piss is half empty rather than half full. Congrats!

As for the college application, my mum read mine, scrapped it and wrote a new one for me. She's an unbelievably good writer so she wrote a better one, but she could a) have said she was doing it and b) not deleted my one off the computer.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103553 on: June 03, 2016, 07:14:38 pm »

The Forgotten History of Fat Men's Clubs
This is funny, but also poignant when you think about the harsh social circumstances that made people value obesity.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103554 on: June 03, 2016, 07:55:51 pm »

This is funny, but also poignant when you think about the harsh social circumstances that made people value obesity.

What do you mean? Fat people are stupid oafs who can't resist chocolate cake (Satire).

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103555 on: June 03, 2016, 08:07:25 pm »

Today I discovered that one of the doctors at the local urgent care clinic is, well...

He's a bit of a kook. He asked me what book I was reading (Ciaphas Cain: HERO OF THE IMPERIUM, for those curious), and when I explained that it was sci-fi he recommended that I check out the Ancient Aliens program on the "History" channel. I thought he was recommending some science fiction of his own, but he, in all apparent seriousness, informed me that the show had several PhDs on it (so they must be telling the truth) and described how modern humans are alien hybrids.

I'm going to be as charitable as possible and assume that he's competent enough in his own field and that his "theories" are relatively harmless nuttiness.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #103556 on: June 03, 2016, 08:08:17 pm »

Today I discovered that one of the doctors at the local urgent care clinic is, well...

He's a bit of a kook. He asked me what book I was reading (Ciaphas Cain: HERO OF THE IMPERIUM, for those curious), and when I explained that it was sci-fi he recommended that I check out the Ancient Aliens program on the "History" channel. I thought he was recommending some science fiction of his own, but he, in all apparent seriousness, informed me that the show had several PhDs on it (so they must be telling the truth) and described how modern humans are alien hybrids.

I'm going to be as charitable as possible and assume that he's competent enough in his own field and that his "theories" are relatively harmless nuttiness.
BURN THE WITCH ALIEN INFILTRATOR

Seriously though, I just chuckle whenever anyone mentions History Channel.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103557 on: June 03, 2016, 08:10:50 pm »

This actualy reminds me of the fact there is a certain monastery in portugal (Alcobaça, to be precise) that has a "fat-catching door", a doorway that was only 32 centimeters wide. The monks had to go through it to get to the kitchen and were only allowed to eat there, so anyone that couldn't fit through would, well, starve, at least until they got thin enough to get  through. This was supposed to discourage gluttony among the monks, who were also expected to do manual labor regulary.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103558 on: June 03, 2016, 08:10:56 pm »

Its possible we are hybrids.

If you believe we were seeded by aliens in some sort of endeavor to create crossbreds/experiments/clones of themselves, than suggesting that we could crossbreed enough to have their dna is ... not the most batshit thing ever.

And, if you do that 'what-if' thing that people can do, than what if homoerectus was peoples and the more refined aliens gave us dexterity and intellect?  Or, what if they were the homo-erectus and we were the scrawny little people-apes?

I mean, it possible, and if certain conditions existed than it could even be likely.
PKs DF Mod!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103559 on: June 03, 2016, 08:14:03 pm »

That's a pretty big "if".

Okay, so it's not entirely outside the realms of possibility that our ancestors were seeded here by aliens. The problem is that there's not much in the way of evidence for that hypothesis, while the fossil record paints a pretty good picture of our development over the eons.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6902 6903 [6904] 6905 6906 ... 11037