Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6895 6896 [6897] 6898 6899 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471042 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #103440 on: June 01, 2016, 06:49:57 pm »

Jesus FUCK this doesn't sound natural.
Foxes do that as well TBH.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwiwqKE-moo
It sounds like someone getting gutted alive in the forest.

Also some of the creepyness in that audio might be caused by the microphone having trouble capturing the sound properly.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 06:52:05 pm by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103441 on: June 01, 2016, 07:19:14 pm »

So I was watching a movie where this guy who lost his wife absolutely refused to ever be alone with a woman in a room.

Which I know what they were going for a sort of "Even in her passing I will be faithful to her" sort of way.

Yet he goes so far with it, right down to kicking women out of their homes to work on their appliances... That it honestly comes off as more that he is a recovering sex offender who honestly believes he might do something with a woman in the same room (doesn't help that he acts like a psycho the whole movie).

---

I don't get how there can be such a huge disconnect between intent and how people come off with something like this movie.

---

Yet that isn't really it, the WTF continues because his actions are not even considered a quirk or deficiency but rather that he is "Old Fashioned". So the movie either A) Thinks all women are temptresses or B) Men are Satyrs and can't control themselves.

I haven't even started really... this movie is just... WTF after WTF.

ALSO WHAT FLIPPING time period were men and women REALLY not allowed to be alone together in a room? What year are we talking about? 1940s or 1640s? How Old fashioned are we talking?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #103442 on: June 01, 2016, 07:25:00 pm »

At my work we sit in a room for eight hours watching television and reading books.
We have a person turn up to our room and sit with us for half an hour so that it can be legally proven that we had a break.

actually sounds awful.

i imagine its great until you are forced to analyze something you hate/feel is offensive
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103443 on: June 01, 2016, 07:26:29 pm »

At my work we sit in a room for eight hours watching television and reading books.
We have a person turn up to our room and sit with us for half an hour so that it can be legally proven that we had a break.
What do you actually do?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103444 on: June 01, 2016, 07:32:30 pm »

Ok I SHOULD leave my WTF to the page that got bumped off... and I will for the most part.

But I have to ask because I will never find out...

What year were married men not allowed to be in the same room as another woman?

Or heck what year were "Men" not allowed to be in the same room as another woman?

I want to know when this "Old fashioned" thing was. I honestly tried looking it up but all I get is websites on Islamic countries (No... not making it up. Though how accurate those sites are is beyond me)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 07:35:15 pm by Neonivek »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103445 on: June 01, 2016, 07:49:02 pm »

What do you actually do?
They sit in a room for eight hours, watching television and reading books.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #103446 on: June 01, 2016, 08:07:08 pm »

Do you work at the Censor's Office or something?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #103447 on: June 01, 2016, 08:18:11 pm »

Do you work at the Censor's Office or something?
Could also be the tv/movie-rating office.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103448 on: June 01, 2016, 08:37:04 pm »

What do you actually do?
They sit in a room for eight hours, watching television and reading books.
Yes, I noticed.  For what purpose?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103449 on: June 01, 2016, 08:45:09 pm »

I don't exactly remember the forum guidelines so perhaps this breaks them, but have any of you guys ever dealt with chatbots that pretended to be attractive women who are totally into you?

Well I just got this:

Are you a candle? Cause I'm totally going to blow you.

Obviously I censored it in order to stay within forum guidelines, hopefully you guys are clever enough to figure out what it was supposed to say. Now uncensored.

Anyway, the reason why this is a WTF for me, is because this is the first time I've ever seen this specific chatbot be so explicit with me (I never decided to block the number for some reason)...

But mainly because my young, inexperienced, male mind just learned about the existence of female pickup lines.

EDIT: removed censorship
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 08:52:54 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103450 on: June 01, 2016, 08:47:13 pm »

That is because no female I know would ever use those pickup lines... even ironically.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103451 on: June 01, 2016, 08:54:08 pm »

That is because no female I know would ever use those pickup lines... even ironically.
Then why do male pick-up lines exist?

Personally, I just like them because they're funny in a stupid kind of way.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103452 on: June 01, 2016, 09:16:22 pm »

Ok I SHOULD leave my WTF to the page that got bumped off... and I will for the most part.

But I have to ask because I will never find out...

What year were married men not allowed to be in the same room as another woman?

Or heck what year were "Men" not allowed to be in the same room as another woman?

I want to know when this "Old fashioned" thing was. I honestly tried looking it up but all I get is websites on Islamic countries (No... not making it up. Though how accurate those sites are is beyond me)

2016. *points at the "Islamic State"* Oh look, I guess you already found the answer.

I don't exactly remember the forum guidelines so perhaps this breaks them, but have any of you guys ever dealt with chatbots that pretended to be attractive women who are totally into you?

Well I just got this:

Are you a candle? Cause I'm totally going to blow you.

Obviously I censored it in order to stay within forum guidelines, hopefully you guys are clever enough to figure out what it was supposed to say. Now uncensored.

Anyway, the reason why this is a WTF for me, is because this is the first time I've ever seen this specific chatbot be so explicit with me (I never decided to block the number for some reason)...

But mainly because my young, inexperienced, male mind just learned about the existence of female pickup lines.

EDIT: removed censorship

That's hilarious. If someone said that to me, I'd probably pick a random quote from Weird Al - Wanna B Ur Lovr to say back at them.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103453 on: June 01, 2016, 09:21:02 pm »

M8, you seriously underestimate the power of irony.

Speaking of the power of irony:

Some junior high kids at my school decided to smoke some weeds in the school bathroom. Note that I do not mean marijuana: Just random plants from the school field. They didn't extinguish their "joints" and set the garbage can on fire. And now we have a lone security guard patrolling the halls. Which must be a super cushy job for them, since even the worst scumbags at my school aren't violent at all. Just walk up and down hallway, obtain cash muns.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #103454 on: June 01, 2016, 09:24:58 pm »

...Nice job, guys.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com
Pages: 1 ... 6895 6896 [6897] 6898 6899 ... 11037