Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6894 6895 [6896] 6897 6898 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14467228 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #103425 on: June 01, 2016, 08:25:58 am »

Low, I think. Assuming the propane tank's on the ground. Aiming high and missing would be a bit awkward.

High, because it would've been fumes in/above the grill that generated the fireball. Fireballing the propane tank would be a Bad Idea.

Edit:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/offbeat/blind-man-sues-mcdonalds-over-car-only-drive-thru-policy/ar-BBtK3DM?ocid=ansmsnnews11
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 12:13:11 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103426 on: June 01, 2016, 01:38:00 pm »

At the DMV getting a vehicle registration renewed. A bunch more tellers just came out. One of them mentioned they got only half-staff during lunch break.

Wtf they actually get a lunch break!? And they can walk away even with customers waiting!
Working for the government rocks apparently.
Customer is not royalty at the DMV.  Whatever gave you the idea?  >.>
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #103427 on: June 01, 2016, 01:46:52 pm »

At the DMV getting a vehicle registration renewed. A bunch more tellers just came out. One of them mentioned they got only half-staff during lunch break.

Wtf they actually get a lunch break!? And they can walk away even with customers waiting!
Apparently people working in the private sector are treated like poop in 'murrica.

It does not bode well for when I need to get a job. Oh joy.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103428 on: June 01, 2016, 02:31:48 pm »

Apparently people working in the private sector are treated like poop in 'murrica.

It does not bode well for when I need to get a job. Oh joy.
Yeah...Ditto.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #103429 on: June 01, 2016, 02:44:55 pm »

Just work for the DMV
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #103430 on: June 01, 2016, 03:12:02 pm »

It's usually less "get to" and more "are obliged to". Most government-run facilities are union shops, which means contractually mandated breaks. Not that that's a bad thing, just that those workers likely wouldn't be allowed to not go on break even if they asked to keep working. You have to get your legally required breaks, and you don't get to slip in an extra hour or two of pay every week by cutting out break time.
So its less 'You can take a break now' and more 'GO TAKE YOUR BREAK NOW.'
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #103431 on: June 01, 2016, 03:33:29 pm »

Youtube insists that no, the neat and orderly list mode for subs isn't what I really want, so no matter how much I click it, it just goes, lol, have the awful grid system instead :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103432 on: June 01, 2016, 03:51:20 pm »

It's usually less "get to" and more "are obliged to". Most government-run facilities are union shops, which means contractually mandated breaks. Not that that's a bad thing, just that those workers likely wouldn't be allowed to not go on break even if they asked to keep working. You have to get your legally required breaks, and you don't get to slip in an extra hour or two of pay every week by cutting out break time.
Exactly.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #103433 on: June 01, 2016, 03:57:49 pm »

Youtube insists that no, the neat and orderly list mode for subs isn't what I really want, so no matter how much I click it, it just goes, lol, have the awful grid system instead :V
Using whatever youtube decides is the current shape of the page is a silly idea when you can have youtube center keep the page staying in one shape (though I would've preferred grid anyway, having as many as possible on screen makes less chance it forgot to put something in the subs list)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #103434 on: June 01, 2016, 04:13:12 pm »

Yeah... pretty sure at some point, some organizations got tired of dealing with workers comp claims due to overwork. Also union stuff, o'course. And some of them actually listening to the time/productivity optimization folks that had the (completely un)startling revelation that giving workers the occasional break meant their performance amazingly didn't degrade as quickly. Buncha' reasons, really. So the breaks became mandatory!

There's ways around it, mind. Usually it's not breaks at a certain time so much as at least X breaks per certain hours of work (functionally it ends up as at a certain time just due to scheduling, but still). If the person in question doesn't meet the time requirements, and just happens to have a replacement come in right when it's about time for a break, weeeeellllll...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #103435 on: June 01, 2016, 04:36:32 pm »

There's also the issue of bosses pressuring their employees to skip their breaks, which is prevented by making them mandatory.

X breaks per time worked solves that problem, but I've seen bosses in this situation tell their employees "Oh yeah, you get a half hour lunch break 7.5 hours into your 8 hour shift" because they know plenty of people will go home early instead of sitting around to get $4. Though I think that effect is diminished a bit at higher pay.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 04:39:10 pm by penguinofhonor »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103436 on: June 01, 2016, 04:49:35 pm »

And probably his grill*...

*The kind you cook on, not the kind you wear in your face to commit fashion crimes.   
Grill is fine and still makes tasty burgers.

@MZero:Hope you're okay.
By the sounds of things the most damaged things here are his pride and hair.
All too true. I lost about 2 inches of hair at the bottom of the ends (because I'm a damn long haired hippie) and some of the hair on my arms, but I'm largely ok.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 06:21:14 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103437 on: June 01, 2016, 04:51:45 pm »

There's also the issue of bosses pressuring their employees to skip their breaks, which is prevented by making them mandatory.

X breaks per time worked solves that problem, but I've seen bosses in this situation tell their employees "Oh yeah, you get a half hour lunch break 7.5 hours into your 8 hour shift" because they know plenty of people will go home early instead of sitting around to get $4. Though I think that effect is diminished a bit at higher pay.

Pfft. I never did that, I always sat in the canteen for half an hour, all set and ready to go. I'll happily sit and read the 'paper and get paid for it thanks.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103438 on: June 01, 2016, 06:32:35 pm »

Jesus FUCK this doesn't sound natural.

Sounds like a very large cat meowing to me. One of my cats sounds like that, though quieter. It's funny.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103439 on: June 01, 2016, 06:41:12 pm »

At my work we sit in a room for eight hours watching television and reading books.
We have a person turn up to our room and sit with us for half an hour so that it can be legally proven that we had a break.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 6894 6895 [6896] 6897 6898 ... 11037