Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6892 6893 [6894] 6895 6896 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14467305 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #103395 on: May 31, 2016, 11:20:03 am »

Yay for losing friends over videogames!
How and why?
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103396 on: May 31, 2016, 11:25:42 am »

How and why?

It is silly and annoying.

But lets just say maybe I should have just bought one of the two games I was being forced to buy and bit the money bullet.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #103397 on: May 31, 2016, 11:40:29 am »

How and why?

It is silly and annoying.

But lets just say maybe I should have just bought one of the two games I was being forced to buy and bit the money bullet.

Because being forced to spend your money is conducive to good relations.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103398 on: May 31, 2016, 01:42:33 pm »

I regularly don't play videogames with my friends or join them in whatever they're playing (for example, lately, haven & hearth and minecraft). :V
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103399 on: May 31, 2016, 02:33:30 pm »

*hugs Caroline*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #103400 on: May 31, 2016, 02:33:37 pm »

My paladin's AI apparently has three settings: 1) being stupid as fuck, 2) producing incredible lag on the computer in quantities that are an order of magnitude less than needed for consumption, or 3) being stupid as fuck AND producing incredible lag at the same time.

welp
._.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103401 on: May 31, 2016, 02:48:59 pm »

To be fair, it is theorised that the earth could still possibly pull back if all humans suddenly and mysteriously died.
Although there are a bunch of species that would inevitably die out if humans were to pull out because of lack of proper territory, lack of food, they might be too docile, or they could simply have too low of a population, bunch of reasons, really.
I still don't get why we should give a flying fuck about the Earth beyond it being our habitat.
Earth is full of cool premade designs for different lifeforms. If we fuck with the environment, species of animal will die out, and we won't be able to make robots based off of them. Every moment, potentially useful genetic information is lost, possibly never to be recovered.
Turn off your lights, so in a trillion years you can make a robot based off of an obscure tropical spider when you get bored of immortality.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103402 on: May 31, 2016, 03:35:46 pm »

Do it for the robospiders.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #103403 on: May 31, 2016, 03:42:19 pm »

Do it for the robospiders.
Do it for Yoda, while we serve our guests a soda.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #103404 on: May 31, 2016, 04:10:52 pm »

At the DMV getting a vehicle registration renewed. A bunch more tellers just came out. One of them mentioned they got only half-staff during lunch break.

Wtf they actually get a lunch break!? And they can walk away even with customers waiting!
Working for the government rocks apparently.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103405 on: May 31, 2016, 04:13:56 pm »

Yes, they have to take a lunch break.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103406 on: May 31, 2016, 05:42:11 pm »

So I probably found the most non-sense curse ever... "The Cursed Crusade"

Ok so here is how it works. You get cursed this way by commiting a grievous sin. The curse gives you super attributes, the ability to project fire, and the ability to bust down structures with your bare hand. All for the exchange of going to hell when you die... which because of the conditions of the curse would occur anyway.

BUT you can also get that curse simply by being related to someone who has it and are still cursed to hell.

Given that I am sure God created this curse in this setting...

WOW!!! this is probably one of the worst curses I ever heard of. Double bonus that it combines the loathsome "Damned by proxy", which last I got this someone sold someone else's soul to the devil.

Though the "Curse of Lost Equilibrium" still ranks pretty high up there (Specifically a curse that makes it impossible to stand on your head... and is actually widely known)

---

I mean I know MANY settings the curses give people super powers... but usually they had some downside that offset or exceeded it.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 05:46:45 pm by Neonivek »

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103407 on: May 31, 2016, 06:09:54 pm »

So I probably found the most non-sense curse ever... "The Cursed Crusade"

Ok so here is how it works. You get cursed this way by commiting a grievous sin. The curse gives you super attributes, the ability to project fire, and the ability to bust down structures with your bare hand. All for the exchange of going to hell when you die... which because of the conditions of the curse would occur anyway.

BUT you can also get that curse simply by being related to someone who has it and are still cursed to hell.

Given that I am sure God created this curse in this setting...

WOW!!! this is probably one of the worst curses I ever heard of. Double bonus that it combines the loathsome "Damned by proxy", which last I got this someone sold someone else's soul to the devil.

Though the "Curse of Lost Equilibrium" still ranks pretty high up there (Specifically a curse that makes it impossible to stand on your head... and is actually widely known)

---

I mean I know MANY settings the curses give people super powers... but usually they had some downside that offset or exceeded it.
Wrong thread?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103408 on: May 31, 2016, 06:14:25 pm »

Do you think he isn't wtfing?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103409 on: May 31, 2016, 06:15:58 pm »

This is actually pretty surreal, because wrong thread or not, this actually belongs here now.
Pages: 1 ... 6892 6893 [6894] 6895 6896 ... 11037