Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6874 6875 [6876] 6877 6878 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14473709 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #103125 on: May 28, 2016, 02:21:37 pm »

I'm attracted to personalities!
I'm also attracted to particular physical characteristics, of course. I don't think I'll ever understand why someone with black hair would want to dye it blonde.

I'M NOT ALONE

And admittedly, my crush's body is aesthetically attractive, but that's doesn't comprise the crush. Another person in that body would equal no crush. Her in another body would probably equal crush.
Like many other people?
Which part are you referring to? The "attracted to personality" or the "attracted to crush's body somewhat?"

I don't really talk to people, so I wouldn't know if people are often attracted to personality, and not to someone's body as a primary determining attribute. So I felt kind of alone, because the small information I did have indicated that I was anomalous. Thus, I overreacted with teh happies when I saw that there were people without much physical sexual attraction.
I'm antisocial too, but a major part of relationships is compatible personalities, right?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #103126 on: May 28, 2016, 02:24:04 pm »

Sometimes! A major part of healthy ones definitely is, though.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103127 on: May 28, 2016, 02:29:09 pm »

Well it would be awkward if everyone married everyone only because of their ass/boob shape.
So far i'd say only Hollywood stars do that and those marriages rarely last more than a year.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #103128 on: May 28, 2016, 02:43:14 pm »

Y'jestin' with us, yeah? Probably somethin' approaching half of the marriages that happen before age 30+ more or less only because of that (the ratio drops as body parts do :V). There's a (number of) reason(s) divorce rates are so high :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103129 on: May 28, 2016, 03:45:38 pm »

Y'jestin' with us, yeah? Probably somethin' approaching half of the marriages that happen before age 30+ more or less only because of that (the ratio drops as body parts do :V). There's a (number of) reason(s) divorce rates are so high :P
Duh.

Altho if you look at popular people you'd see they are even more lax than the average person. Tabloids catch all that shit and spray it around calling it "the life of the stars" while everyone can see that Hollywod is one big whorehouse where people change partners as often as they change shoes.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #103130 on: May 28, 2016, 03:48:37 pm »

Hang on, that just sounds like highschool
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #103131 on: May 28, 2016, 03:51:45 pm »

Don't assume that short lived celebrity marriages are anything other than marketing.  Celebrities are people but they're also each their own individual brand.  Celebrity relationships generate buzz and brand recognition.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #103132 on: May 28, 2016, 03:52:06 pm »

Hollywood breeds and grooms that behavior.  Its not popular because its 'better', its popular because theres money and media influence amoung the people who practice this lifestyle.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #103133 on: May 28, 2016, 04:41:38 pm »

Hollywood also breeds pedos, don't see anyone arguing what's better thar

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103134 on: May 28, 2016, 04:58:59 pm »

If we're extrapolating from a limited number of examples to the entire group they're affiliated with, the BBC, the Catholic Church*, the mormon church, churches in general, football programs, schools in general, and so on, right? (I could link to articles about pedophiles in each being protected because Reasons, if I didn't think googling "pedophiles in X" for multiple variations of X would be literally the worst idea.)

... I think I had a point in mind when I started typing this. I've forgotten what it was. Something about examples not making a rule, perhaps.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103135 on: May 28, 2016, 05:02:31 pm »

I don't think that Hollywood breeds pedophiles.  Humans breed and the resulting product may be a pedophile.  If they happen to get into Hollywood, that's not impossible.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103136 on: May 28, 2016, 05:06:46 pm »

I don't think that Hollywood breeds pedophiles.  Humans breed and the resulting product may be a pedophile.  If they happen to get into Hollywood, that's not impossible.

The culture of the place is one of decadence, and decadence goes hand in hand with some pretty nasty stuff.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103137 on: May 28, 2016, 05:08:32 pm »

Hollywood, like any other major media center thing, enables well connected people to do basically whatever the fuck they want, in the right circunstances. Savile got away with a lifetime of pedophilia only due to his connections to a whole bunch of people, which also happened to have connections to politicians.

Hell, take Woody Allen for example. Several people have come out and exposed him as a pedophile already, but basically nothing significant has happened to him because he's worshipped as a saint in Hollywood. Hell, many of them were scared of exposing it because they were afraid they'd have their lives ruined, since they also happened to work in hollywood.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 05:10:51 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #103138 on: May 28, 2016, 05:11:07 pm »

If we're extrapolating from a limited number of examples to the entire group they're affiliated with, the BBC, the Catholic Church*, the mormon church, churches in general, football programs, schools in general, and so on, right? (I could link to articles about pedophiles in each being protected because Reasons, if I didn't think googling "pedophiles in X" for multiple variations of X would be literally the worst idea.)
Lol Beeb and CC were breeding pedos, can't comment on the rest

The power to control radio silence is a wonderful thing aint it. Seems funny how powerful media is in this regard, cheeki pedos

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103139 on: May 28, 2016, 05:12:53 pm »

I am under the impression that Pedo-ness is pretty much set.

All Hollywood can REALLY do is allow Pedos to act upon it in relative security under certain circumstances.

Not so much that Hollywood can turn non-pedos into pedos.
Pages: 1 ... 6874 6875 [6876] 6877 6878 ... 11037