Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6848 6849 [6850] 6851 6852 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14464403 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #102735 on: May 23, 2016, 11:06:34 am »

It still does grate upon the psyche.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #102736 on: May 23, 2016, 11:06:49 am »

I dunno, low caliber weaponry isn't too effective against zombies.
Guns in general aren't very effective against zombies. If a city were to fall, the army wouldn't go in with assault rifles, but with something like incendiary bombs dropped safely from high above.

We had a big argument about it and now he's huffy.
He said it's fine to use it as long as it's 'internet speak'. I asked the extent of this.
Yeah, chat rooms, message boards, games, texting. It's horrifying.
YU CAN HAZ LOLSPEAK ONLEH WEN YU GOES TEH WHOEL WAI TO SPEEK IT.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #102737 on: May 23, 2016, 11:11:07 am »

Did they actually say "an widely"? 'Cause that on top of the you're thing would make me start wondering if the critter's ESL or somethin'.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #102738 on: May 23, 2016, 11:11:41 am »

A lot of US agencies of various kinds actually have zombie outbreak contingency plans. It's not that they seriously expect it to happen, it's just that more fun to do that kind of planning exercises and raise public awareness for that something mundane.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102739 on: May 23, 2016, 11:12:08 am »

A lot of US agencies of various kinds actually have zombie outbreak contingency plans. It's not that they seriously expect it to happen, it's just that more fun to do that kind of planning exercises and raise public awareness for that something mundane.
See:CDC.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102740 on: May 23, 2016, 11:16:56 am »

There's also the matter that if one is prepared for the total societal collapse caused by a zombie apocalypse, one is probably prepared for a lesser disaster as well.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102741 on: May 23, 2016, 11:21:46 am »

Just got into another-another argument, because I eventually managed to drag out of him that he knew he'd fucked up the spelling that one time but hadn't been bothered to deal with it because he was pissed at the game we were playing (to be fair, we were losing hard). However that prompted me to go 'why the fuck didn't you own up to it the three other times I asked about it'.
Accusing him of illogical obstinancy caused him to accuse me of hypocrisy.

Which in my opinion is the worst way to end an argument. I don't think I ever do it, but he thinks I do- I tell him that if I ever do it, I insist he pulls me up on it.
Which means both sides are left annoyed until I get pulled up on it- which- if I'm right, I won't ever be.

Did they actually say "an widely"?
Nope, that one's my bad.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102742 on: May 23, 2016, 11:47:32 am »

Resident evil style zombies? Would never pose big enough of a threat to take over a city, since every single human is more competent/faster/stronger then one of those zombies.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102743 on: May 23, 2016, 11:58:23 am »

Everything is sorted out and we've sort of hugged and sort of made up and most specifically revealed to eachother a lot of things we have about eachother.
Which is fuckin' healthy, in my opinion.

So hey, the confrontational approach works.

My asshole status has been validated!
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #102744 on: May 23, 2016, 01:05:11 pm »

Just had a Yoink-Eggs moment.

One of my roomates used 'your' instead of "you're".

I told him he was fine to drop the apostrophe but never the 'e'.
He replied that "'your' is a widely known abbreviation for 'you're', and I'm perfectly happy with it'.
If you're gonna drop the apostrophe (or even worse, reduce it to "your") you might as well just drop it all of the way to "yur". That has the advantage of not confusing meanings with an existing word, as well as instantly giving your internet voice that south'n charactuh. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102745 on: May 23, 2016, 01:09:36 pm »

We had a big argument about it and now he's huffy.
He said it's fine to use it as long as it's 'internet speak'. I asked the extent of this.
Yeah, chat rooms, message boards, games, texting. It's horrifying.

EXTERMINATE
EXTERMINATE
EXTERMINATE
egg stir

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #102746 on: May 23, 2016, 01:10:55 pm »

Yer. It'd be yer, eyetwo. Only an idjit'd be spelling that yur.
Ask not!
Ask!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102747 on: May 23, 2016, 01:14:24 pm »

Shouldn't it be yore?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #102748 on: May 23, 2016, 01:18:36 pm »

Not in the south, no. Think there may be some midwesterners that do somethin' along those lines when they're trying to transcribe things phonetically? Somewhere in that direction.

Also yore is actually a word and not just a bastardization of a few different ones. So it don't get used lest folks start thinking yer tryin' t'get fancy.
Ask not!
Ask!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102749 on: May 23, 2016, 01:36:02 pm »

If you really want to contract 'you're' on the Internet, go with 'u r' (and 'ur' for 'your'), but expect to be called out as an idiot unless you're obvious about the irony by writing the whole sentence in Lolspeak (which, paradoxically, is more difficult to do right than just writing your message in proper English).

IF YU SRSLY HAZ NED FOR SHORT 'YOU'RE' YU JUST GOES 'U R' (OR 'UR' WEN YU GOES AB00T UR CHEEZBURGERS) BUT KITTEHS PWN YU AS ST00PIT IF U R NOT OBVIOUS NUFF AN CAN HAZ LOLSPEEK ALL TEH WAI (WIERDLEH NUFF IS EEZYEZ TO GETS PWNT WIF LOLSPEEK DAN WIF GUD ENGLEES)
Pages: 1 ... 6848 6849 [6850] 6851 6852 ... 11040