Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6847 6848 [6849] 6850 6851 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14464594 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #102720 on: May 23, 2016, 08:41:00 am »

I could see bite-reproducing zombies posing a bit of a threat depending on how strong/fast/tough they are, but not nearly as much as magic or airborne spread.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102721 on: May 23, 2016, 08:43:24 am »

Resident evil style zombies? Would never pose big enough of a threat to take over a city, since every single human is more competent/faster/stronger then one of those zombies.

Scary violent fast zombies? Def more threatening, but its still just an angry person that wants to take a bite out of you, so any organized strike force can take them out in droves.

There's also the problem of the fact there isn't any real or credible reason as to why zombies would ignore eachother and just attack healthy humans.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #102722 on: May 23, 2016, 08:45:00 am »

Fresh meat is tastier than rotten meat, duh.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102723 on: May 23, 2016, 08:54:03 am »

Forget the US Army. The local police pack enough ordinance, and riot gear is basically made for taking down zombies. Also, full-face helmets also ensure that any trooper who does become a zombie can't easily spread the disease. Zombies aren't clever enough to remove a helmet.

Maybe we could spray fresh human pheromones over a crowd of zombies and then they eat each other? Presumably there's some chemical marker that they use to tell who's a target and who is not?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #102724 on: May 23, 2016, 08:56:19 am »

But what about airborne bite-zombies?

There's also the problem of the fact there isn't any real or credible reason as to why zombies would ignore eachother and just attack healthy humans.

This is especially annoying when they aren't undead zombies, like in 28 Days Later where the zombies are just Profoundly Pissed Off People. Even more so in the sequel where the plot twist hinges on it.
Love, scriver~

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #102725 on: May 23, 2016, 09:00:01 am »

Maybe we could spray fresh human pheromones over a crowd of zombies and then they eat each other? Presumably there's some chemical marker that they use to tell who's a target and who is not?
Human pheromones = sweat. Now I'm imagining a scientist frantically collecting used socks from a locker room to use against the zombies. "No time to explain! I need them to save us all!"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #102726 on: May 23, 2016, 10:05:12 am »

Forget the US Army. The local police pack enough ordinance, and riot gear is basically made for taking down zombies. Also, full-face helmets also ensure that any trooper who does become a zombie can't easily spread the disease. Zombies aren't clever enough to remove a helmet.

What you really want is a hockey mask or something. A full helmet makes it harder to kill them, even if they're not of the "remove the head, destroy the brain" variety.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102727 on: May 23, 2016, 10:10:46 am »

Just had a Yoink-Eggs moment.

One of my roomates used 'your' instead of "you're".

I told him he was fine to drop the apostrophe but never the 'e'.
He replied that "'your' is a widely known abbreviation for 'you're', and I'm perfectly happy with it'.

That's it. I have to move out.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 11:17:53 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102728 on: May 23, 2016, 10:12:34 am »

Holy Armok on a plate of nachos somebody whack that guy with a cluebat.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #102729 on: May 23, 2016, 10:14:09 am »

Just had a Yoink-Eggs moment.

One of my roomates used 'your' instead of "you're".

I told him he was fine to drop the apostrophe but never the 'e'.
He replied that "'your' is an widely known abbreviation for 'you're', and I'm perfectly happy with it'.

That's it. I have to move out.
No, you don't move out. You kill that motherfucker.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102730 on: May 23, 2016, 10:15:06 am »

Also, really, dropping the apostrophe looks kinda odd.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102731 on: May 23, 2016, 10:31:02 am »

What you really want is a hockey mask or something. A full helmet makes it harder to kill them, even if they're not of the "remove the head, destroy the brain" variety.

I dunno, low caliber weaponry isn't too effective against zombies.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102732 on: May 23, 2016, 10:48:46 am »

We had a big argument about it and now he's huffy.
He said it's fine to use it as long as it's 'internet speak'. I asked the extent of this.
Yeah, chat rooms, message boards, games, texting. It's horrifying.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102733 on: May 23, 2016, 10:51:29 am »

We had a big argument about it and now he's huffy.
He said it's fine to use it as long as it's 'internet speak'. I asked the extent of this.
Yeah, chat rooms, message boards, games, texting. It's horrifying.

EXTERMINATE
EXTERMINATE
EXTERMINATE
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #102734 on: May 23, 2016, 11:05:36 am »

'T ain't that bad. It's poor grammar and quite grating on ye olde psyche, but in 't grand scheme of things the meaning of the text is unchanged with a little bit of "oh, you meant you're"

In saying that, you should probably disabuse them of the notion that it's an abbreviation of "you're" 'cause it obviously isn't.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 11:07:15 am by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 6847 6848 [6849] 6850 6851 ... 11040