Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6825 6826 [6827] 6828 6829 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471766 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #102390 on: May 17, 2016, 11:25:31 pm »

I think we should deeggscalate this conversation.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102391 on: May 17, 2016, 11:28:18 pm »

I think we should deeggscalate this conversation.
Don't want to get egg on our faces.  Stop egging eachother on.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102392 on: May 17, 2016, 11:46:03 pm »

Chickens are incredibly dumb (guinea fowl are dumber, and louder, however), and generally jerks to each other. It baffles me that anyone would experience MORAL OUTRAGE over whether they're kept in cages, or allowed to become meals for foxes, young hawks, and all the other animals that think it's just wonderful that anyone would put food which can't defend itself out where they can be grabbed and eaten (or anything in between). They haven't been bred to be able to defend themselves against all the predators that want to eat them, so they have to be secured if you don't want them to disappear.

Factory farming, I think, basically says "chicken lives matter, but chicken suffering is irrelevant as long as it doesn't affect production."

That said, I don't eat eggs, unless they're in something else. Mayonnaise, for example (though vegan mayo exists), or in baked things that require eggs.

But smoking indoors? That's a red line right there. Dude has to go.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #102393 on: May 17, 2016, 11:59:14 pm »

M O R A L O U T R A G E is a bit much but factory farming is still cruel enough to warrant banning it IMO
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #102394 on: May 18, 2016, 12:32:39 am »

Skipped forward four pages to find discussion of eggs still ongoing.

Also, my ribs really fucking hurt for an unknown reason. I haven't done anything to them to make them hurt this bad  :'(
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102395 on: May 18, 2016, 12:48:05 am »

hector13: Try not to die!
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #102396 on: May 18, 2016, 01:11:19 am »

Chickens are incredibly dumb (guinea fowl are dumber, and louder, however), and generally jerks to each other. It baffles me that anyone would experience MORAL OUTRAGE over whether they're kept in cages, or allowed to become meals for foxes, young hawks, and all the other animals that think it's just wonderful that anyone would put food which can't defend itself out where they can be grabbed and eaten (or anything in between). They haven't been bred to be able to defend themselves against all the predators that want to eat them, so they have to be secured if you don't want them to disappear.
I 'unno, the aame traits could be attributed to a retarded person but you probably wouldn't want to put them in a cage where they can barely move, but, vegetarian, so I'm probably a bit biased.
Also I actually have chickens, about five of them, actually, I couldn't say they aren't intelligent, at least to the point where by now they normally go inside their pen at night time, which is quite nice compared to cahsing them in.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #102397 on: May 18, 2016, 01:21:10 am »

My general view of nature is that evolution tends to produce things that are nasty and stupid... but that doesn't preclude them from feeling pain and as a result our actions towards other creatures do matter.

In regards to animal rights I don't even know.  In abstract terms it seems to me to be as much of a moral imperative as human rights is, at least in regards to more complex and obviously intelligent animals (with elephants sitting at an extreme).  But I just... don't see any clear path forward there.  Like you could say "no more meat!" (which is a strawman I know) but like, that just means less animals not happier animals.  I'm not sure what a humanity that respects animals even looks like or how we would get there from where we are now.

Err... disheartened rambling aside, Chickens are smart enough to suffer and smart enough to demonstrate preferences about their treatment so in my book factory farming is wrong.  Even tho yes, they're mean, distastefully omnivorous animals.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #102398 on: May 18, 2016, 01:26:10 am »

@Yoink: As somebody who wouldn't buy caged eggs: you're being ridiculous. Please get over yourself.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 05:52:38 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #102399 on: May 18, 2016, 02:03:30 am »

Care to elaborate?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #102400 on: May 18, 2016, 05:50:57 am »

Care to elaborate?
He might be talking to Yoink in this case.
Or me, not quoting people in multi-layered discussions such as this can get confusing.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #102401 on: May 18, 2016, 05:51:36 am »

I agree.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102402 on: May 18, 2016, 05:53:28 am »

I agree with Execute/Dumbo.exe as well.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #102403 on: May 18, 2016, 05:54:47 am »

Eh, ursäkta, I forgot to keep the target indicator when I rewrote the message.
Love, scriver~

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102404 on: May 18, 2016, 05:59:21 am »

ursäkta
Say huh?

...Do I really want to know?
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 6825 6826 [6827] 6828 6829 ... 11037