Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6809 6810 [6811] 6812 6813 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14453100 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #102150 on: May 13, 2016, 10:26:26 am »

Wow I actually made it 21 minutes in, I don't know how.
(In my defense, she opined on at least a dozen separate topics.  I don't feel bad about stopping as she moved on to yet another)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102151 on: May 13, 2016, 10:28:23 am »

Now, this will prob paint me as passive-agressive and self righteous to a huge part of the forum, but hey, I actualy agree with most things in this video.
Not a bit.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102152 on: May 13, 2016, 10:31:32 am »

Just calling Leena Durham a pile of pudding was reason enough for me to listen to the whole thing, but ye, not the entire video is flowers and glitter, but the fact she's actualy discussing and challenging current stablished views on these subjects is a good thing in my book, specially since the moment you step out of whats viewed as "progressive" these days you're immediately considered full satan mode and some sort of saturday morning cartoon villain by a fair bit of people :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102153 on: May 13, 2016, 10:44:18 am »

I did kinda agree with some of her opinions about universities.  Maybe young people are too idealistic sometimes (or maybe I'm getting old...)

Apparently she's very serious about tolerance being the death of civilizations though, which was offputting to say the least.  Most of her opinions I just respectfully disagree with, but that actually bothered me.

And I agree with her about un-gendering bathrooms!  Except she acted like trans people are to blame for us "wasting time" on the issue.  They just want to use the bathroom where they don't make a scene...  It's nosy "conservatives" making fuss over it.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102154 on: May 13, 2016, 12:17:47 pm »

I do think she's kind of archaic in certain ways, namely the idea that more trans people = decaying/collapsing society, and that she tends to tag every attitude she dislikes as "bourgeois", but I def agree with here that kids nowadays live in mostly placid, safe environments (at least in comparison to older generations) and have been taught to actively avoid taking risks and assuming that the world MUST be a safe place for everyone and that this can be achieved here and now by protesting and posh social experiments.

Plus she's critical of third wave feminism, which is widely known as when feminism stopped being about all women and started being about what certain women think is best for all women, and started crying for a kind of new paternalism, instead of equality.

I also do think that society is kinda missing the point nowadays by becoming tolerant of intolerant things, such as islamic terrorism and other things for the sake of political correctness.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 12:25:17 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #102155 on: May 13, 2016, 01:13:59 pm »

Walking down street. See police car with lights on. I stop; observe a dog (my 10 o'clock) 20 ft away from officer/car, 55ft from me.
Attempt to turn around, because officer doesn't need me involved. I don't want to interfere.
Realize there is a 2nd (5 o'clock) and 3rd dog (8 o'clock) flanking me from behind (ish).
Lovely, I freeze and attempt to calm. Don't run; dogs would pursue.
Dogs bark and encircle. They are not happy; they are pitbulls; one is snarling and snapping.

Thankfully, Officer pulls up and tells me to get in the back. Takes me out of there. Opens window so I can exit squad car.
Officer recognized me having cross examined him. Thanks me for being, "the nicest damn defense attorney ever."
Most defense attorneys (at their misguided clients' demand) take a hard line stance against police. Ineffective; unnecessary; unprofessional.
I have rarely had to employ the hardliner stance. There are benefits to not doing so it seems.

I'm very glad the Officer was there. Sadly, this is not the first "dog at large" complaint for these dogs. Also, one pit has attacked another dog. I am aware not all pitbulls are bad, often it is the owner or environment. Historically, the pitbull was called "the nanny dog." Sadly, humans have made them aggressive. I've been bitten by one before; it was not pleasant.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102156 on: May 13, 2016, 01:33:03 pm »

such as islamic terrorism and other things for the sake of political correctness.
Are you sure that this is a point one can hit without having consumed a great deal of LSD?
One wheel short of a wagon

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #102157 on: May 13, 2016, 01:38:38 pm »

Oh, yeah. Pitbulls are big babies if they're raised right.

Most aren't.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102158 on: May 13, 2016, 01:41:55 pm »

@Truean:Glad to hear you're okay, at least (and you got a compliment).  That is kind of sad, though.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102159 on: May 13, 2016, 01:45:21 pm »

Yeah, that's pretty scary.  I'm not personally scared of just 1 or 2 dogs, but...  Unleashed unsupervised dogs set me on edge.
I guess I got exposure therapy while bicycling.  Now I just resent them (but mostly their owners).
She/they

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102160 on: May 13, 2016, 01:48:40 pm »

More often then you think, but not exactly on those terms. I was being most hyperbolic in that part.

Nobody is really trying to avoid offending, say, ISIS, but I personally know a lot of people who adore being a model third wave feminist on social media, and then post multiple pictures of their confortable trip to saudi arabia, the same saudi arabia that sweden/denmark and several EU members very carefuly tiptoe around, while at the same time trying to desperately enforce western values in, say, nigeria, even when nigerian women have no real interest in it.

Or, say, Bristol-UK officials refusing to celebrate the traditional saint george's day and banning the english flag because the city is "too multicultural", because apparently their own national culture doesnt matter in face foreign cultures.

Now, I'm not saying everyone should be going ARGUEBARGLE on anything, but its pretty damn pathetic how hypocritical people can get for the sake of political correctness.

And ye, pitbulls are actualy huge babies if they're raised right. In fact most guard-dog breeds are pretty much huge babies when raised properly. I knew this huge doberman who was a total dweeb around me and mega playful.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 01:50:51 pm by TempAcc »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102161 on: May 13, 2016, 01:49:45 pm »

Bathe the world in nuclear fire, then there'll be nobody left to offend.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #102162 on: May 13, 2016, 01:52:21 pm »

Bathe the world in nuclear fire, then there'll be nobody left to offend.
My nuclear warhead was triggered by this comment, shitlord.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102163 on: May 13, 2016, 01:53:49 pm »

My irradiated crater is a safe zone you ignorant meany-pants, don't be bringing your toxicity over here!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #102164 on: May 13, 2016, 02:24:05 pm »

Speaking of buzzwords, your toxic persona is the reason I'm not a better person. I'll teach the rest of you how to spot the red flags that indicate abusive friends and lovers for only ten easy payments of $29.95.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 6809 6810 [6811] 6812 6813 ... 11040