Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6807 6808 [6809] 6810 6811 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14451216 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #102120 on: May 12, 2016, 09:07:07 pm »

That Call of Duty is a spy a dud, he'll turn RED dead any second now!

Any second...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #102121 on: May 12, 2016, 09:18:32 pm »

So... Call of Duty? Coming in the distant future: Call of Duty: Post-Modern Warfare
Hoooonestly, mario related stuff would be about the closest equivalent we have game-wise nowadays.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #102122 on: May 12, 2016, 09:24:10 pm »

So... Call of Duty? Coming in the distant future: Call of Duty: Post-Modern Warfare
Hoooonestly, mario related stuff would be about the closest equivalent we have game-wise nowadays.

Ah... isn't Mario actually good though?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #102123 on: May 12, 2016, 09:33:02 pm »

Ehh, it's alright, I guess. Most of it nowadays is more or less a rehash of the NES/SNES games with a new power-up here and there; purportedly Miyamoto didn't like the semblance of plot and geographical sanity in Sunshine and Galaxy.

Coincidentally, that's why Sticker Star was awful.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #102124 on: May 12, 2016, 09:34:41 pm »

Super Mario 3D World was really good.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #102125 on: May 12, 2016, 09:37:05 pm »

S'not a matter of whether it's good or not, s'a matter of whether they're milking the thing fairly hard and doing it for a very much extended period. There aren't many game franchises still around that are older and more consistently produced than Mario ones, and it's been doing sequels and whatnot probably longer than many of CoD's developer teams have been alive :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #102126 on: May 12, 2016, 09:41:18 pm »

S'not a matter of whether it's good or not, s'a matter of whether they're milking the thing fairly hard and doing it for a very much extended period. There aren't many game franchises still around that are older and more consistently produced than Mario ones, and it's been doing sequels and whatnot probably longer than many of CoD's developer teams have been alive :V

Kinda does though. Aren't the Hardy Boys et. al considered to be somewhat pulp?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102127 on: May 12, 2016, 09:42:22 pm »

Mario despite almost literally never changing is at least in better shape than Sonic that changes all the time... and sonic is a walking contradiction that should be dead long ago but somehow shambles on like a zombie too stupid to realize it's already dead.

CoD is closer to Sonic than Mario imho.

It comes out regularly.
Everyone bashes it.
And yet... it earns enough money to warrant another sequel.
And just like Sonic it does not settle for one gameplay style... except unlike sonic games the changes happen every 15 minutes rather than every game.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #102128 on: May 12, 2016, 10:00:56 pm »

They have, like, 2 games per console??

The Wii had NSMBWii, Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2. Wii U has NSMBU and Super Mario 3D World. 3DS has NSMB2 and Super Mario 3D Land. Gamecube just had Sunshine. DS had NSMB and 64 DS. N64 just had 64. SNES had Super Mario World and I guess Yoshi's Island. NES had by far the most, with SMB, SMB2, SMB2 (JP) and SMB3.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 10:03:02 pm by Putnam »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102129 on: May 12, 2016, 10:55:22 pm »

how many final fantasies are there now? FIFTEEN?

that's always struck me as a bit odd

"ok guys, this fantasy is the last one, we promise, even though we've made like twelve before it and show no signs of stopping"
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #102130 on: May 12, 2016, 11:18:49 pm »

They made the first one when bankruptcy was looming, but it was too successful and saved them
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #102131 on: May 12, 2016, 11:26:02 pm »

Actually there was an interview a while ago where one of the original team members confirmed that that story was just an urban myth and they simply picked a word that sounded good when attached to Fantasy IIRC.
It's FEF, not FEOF

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #102132 on: May 12, 2016, 11:26:02 pm »

They have, like, 2 games per console??

The Wii had NSMBWii, Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2. Wii U has NSMBU and Super Mario 3D World. 3DS has NSMB2 and Super Mario 3D Land. Gamecube just had Sunshine. DS had NSMB and 64 DS. N64 just had 64. SNES had Super Mario World and I guess Yoshi's Island. NES had by far the most, with SMB, SMB2, SMB2 (JP) and SMB3.
There's a lot more if you count Mario Party, Mario Kart, Paper Mario and SSB as Mario games.  But just because they have Mario in them doesn't make them mainline Mario games games really.  And honestly 64/Sunshine/Galaxy should be thought of as a separate series of games from the platforming games.

Compare CoD and Sonic where its actually the same damn game every time.  If you want to accuse Nintendo of anything, point to their George Lucas-esque policy of constant rereleases.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #102133 on: May 12, 2016, 11:43:35 pm »

...SSB as Mario games...
Silly EnigmaticHat, everybody knows Super Smash Bros is a Fire Emblem game :P

My main beef with Mario games nowadays is how all the NSMB games are basically the same game, and for that matter, I'm still salty over Paper Mario 4 being New Super Mario Bros the RPG. :v
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #102134 on: May 12, 2016, 11:45:09 pm »

...SSB as Mario games...
Silly EnigmaticHat, everybody knows Super Smash Bros is a Fire Emblem game :P

My main beef with Mario games nowadays is how all the NSMB games are basically the same game, and for that matter, I'm still salty over Paper Mario 4 being New Super Mario Bros the RPG. :v

there are 4 NSMB games and each is on a different console
Pages: 1 ... 6807 6808 [6809] 6810 6811 ... 11040