Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6803 6804 [6805] 6806 6807 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14446096 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #102060 on: May 11, 2016, 08:48:42 pm »

Whereas the entirely of the energy used by the modem is radiated as heat which heats up the modem directly. So even if they both get "just as hot" that's not the same as using the same amount of energy.

Technically a small part of the energy used is used for computation and (if it's a wireless modem) emitting radio waves, but when it comes to heat calculations that's basically negligible, yeah.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #102061 on: May 11, 2016, 09:48:36 pm »

I'm playing a game about sea life that SHOOTS LASERS to take control of the sea. There are also warships that are a bitch to kill even if they are tiny compared to the laser shooting fishes and crabs.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102062 on: May 11, 2016, 10:14:06 pm »

Barnacles OP
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #102063 on: May 11, 2016, 10:25:23 pm »

Apparently Castle is slated to possibly continue on without Beckett?  Like... I haven't been keeping up with the show but it seems like that destroys the premise.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102064 on: May 12, 2016, 12:58:00 am »

A friend just sent me this https://vimeo.com/150423718 I am far more amused by this than I should be.  I watched it for a good 20 minutes until I realized asked myself what I was watching.

Apparently Castle is slated to possibly continue on without Beckett?  Like... I haven't been keeping up with the show but it seems like that destroys the premise.
So castle without castle?   Wouldn't that be....foundation?   Maybe wall?  Open field?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 01:06:15 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #102065 on: May 12, 2016, 01:52:00 am »

Oh god. I've implemented something that will require a lot of writing. Including the most horrifying kind of writing of all: trying to write for people who are funnier/smarter than me.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #102066 on: May 12, 2016, 03:03:11 am »

Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102067 on: May 12, 2016, 03:26:04 am »

I thought Freud pretty much gave us psychoanalysis?

It's pretty hard to get your theories right when you just invented the method.

e.g. Plato: confused over forms and language, but helped make the dialectic popular, influenced pretty much all of modern philosophy.
One wheel short of a wagon

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #102068 on: May 12, 2016, 03:29:44 am »

And Socrates: invented the Socratic method, but got killed for it. Influenced all modern teachers to be smug bastards. :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102069 on: May 12, 2016, 04:30:11 am »

Oh god. I've implemented something that will require a lot of writing. Including the most horrifying kind of writing of all: trying to write for people who are funnier/smarter than me.
You can do it!
Ask for help from funnysmart people if need be.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #102070 on: May 12, 2016, 04:36:43 am »

It's pretty hard to get your theories right when you just invented the method.

Psychoanalysis is BS, and pretty much irrelevant in today's psychiatry. It was never *that* scientific to begin with...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102071 on: May 12, 2016, 04:37:17 am »

A friend just sent me this https://vimeo.com/150423718 I am far more amused by this than I should be.  I watched it for a good 20 minutes until I realized asked myself what I was watching.

That's brilliant.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #102072 on: May 12, 2016, 04:52:06 am »

Sort of. Freud's psychoanalysis always comes back to "this person wants to bang his mother", or something.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #102073 on: May 12, 2016, 05:02:48 am »

Sort of. Freud's psychoanalysis always comes back to "this person wants to bang his mother", or something.
If I wasn't busy with Finals, I'd give a thorough breakdown on what Freud did OTHER than his controversial sex-orbital principles. :P I mean, I could also share stories about my buddies having a discussion with my instructor on the confounding nature of the Oedipus complex but gwarghh. [Also the Electra complex, but that involves the grumpiness of Freud and Jung because 'my terms :I'...which leads to a nice story or background history about how Freud and many of the other well-known folks in Psychology have {ie Adler, Jung, Freud, etc...]
Best advice is to pay attention to the Neo-Freudians too.
But Freud didn't only give psychoanalysis. There's a lot more that he gave. :P I'm unsure if I can upload one of the discussions my professor used for public viewing though.

What is well known, however, is that:
The Freud Void.

Freud sucks.
This is true about that psychosexual thing. :P {Note goes to Freud's background as a neurologist and who he took care of; he based many things from his studies {then came the conflict between him and Karen Horney after some years post-publishing his work...}.

But then I've got Finals from tomorrow till Wednesday. @_@
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 05:09:12 am by Tiruin »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102074 on: May 12, 2016, 06:21:48 am »

Playing Divinity Original Sins for the first time...
Got my first Magically Enchanted Weapon...
Equipped it...

BALL OF LIGHTNING ON MY HIP!!!
WTF? I hope there is some way to remove this...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 6803 6804 [6805] 6806 6807 ... 11040