Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6784 6785 [6786] 6787 6788 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14424393 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #101775 on: May 04, 2016, 08:12:56 pm »

Uh just to make sure, you are aware that Yokai and their various types are an actual japanese folklore thing right?

...though now I'm curious. Does Yokai Watch have the giant skeleton born from mass graves that's literally fueled by burning hate in it?

Went through the Yokai and nope. Surprisingly few skeleton ones.

Basically the Yokai in Yokai Watch are responsible for ALL HUMAN MISERY!!! screw free will!

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #101776 on: May 04, 2016, 08:16:28 pm »

Isn't that one supposed to be a modernized version of a story from the bible? I vaguely remember reading about that somewhere.
Aye, it is indeed.

Bunny worship guy is Nebuchadnezzar, who invited these three Jewish guys (Presumably the VeggieTales cast) to a big party or something.  At the big party or something, when there was a fanfare, all were to prostrate themselves and worship Nebuchadnezzar (or an idol, or something) or be thrown in a giant fire.  They didn't, but an angel saved them.

The end, etc.

I swear I'm sure that's from Veggietales. Back when I was young and naďve (as opposed to now, where I am braindead), a few friends showed me it. The bible stuff went over my head, but the characters were memorable.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101777 on: May 04, 2016, 08:21:46 pm »

Most veggietales stories are cribbed from the Bible, but they're different enough that unless you're familiar with the Biblical account you probably won't notice the connection.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #101778 on: May 04, 2016, 08:34:44 pm »

I misquoted, I was referring to the bunny situation.

How embarrasing.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101779 on: May 04, 2016, 09:00:20 pm »

Uh just to make sure, you are aware that Yokai and their various types are an actual japanese folklore thing right?

...though now I'm curious. Does Yokai Watch have the giant skeleton born from mass graves that's literally fueled by burning hate in it?

Went through the Yokai and nope. Surprisingly few skeleton ones.

Basically the Yokai in Yokai Watch are responsible for ALL HUMAN MISERY!!! screw free will!

WHOOPS! My mistake

YES there IS a giant skeleton who was born from mass graves Yokai in Yokai watch.

I didn't find it because it was a boss exclusive Yokai.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 09:02:17 pm by Neonivek »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #101780 on: May 04, 2016, 10:27:21 pm »

asdfgasdgasdf I've went to sleep without noticing and now can't get the Giant Dad theme out of my fucking head

fFfFfFfFuCk
._.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #101781 on: May 05, 2016, 01:32:02 am »

Sad thread was originally minor sad thread, apparently.
As it seemed needed, here is this thread.

Something that made me kind of sad was that the calculus teacher explained something by means of a man jumping down the Eiffel tower.

I however have no problems with Dwarf Fortran gravity testing towers.

Yes, and there was never any need for additional emotion threads for what can already go under the sad/happy/wtf headings. They're just superfluous and should preferably be merged.
Love, scriver~

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #101782 on: May 05, 2016, 01:33:10 am »

Jesus christ no, it's already nerve-wracking having to post one's unimportant sorrows below someone's cancer.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #101783 on: May 05, 2016, 04:38:29 am »

Jesus christ no, it's already nerve-wracking having to post one's unimportant sorrows below someone's cancer.
Sad is actually one of the few emotion threads where I'm fine having a "mildly sad" thread for things that just get you slightly down and a "major sad" thread for more serious woes/support. I mean just because someone has cancer doesn't necessarily invalidate your suffering due to the AC being out and your ice cream melting, but you might not necessarily need the same level of support, if you catch my drift.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101784 on: May 05, 2016, 04:39:09 am »

I wonder what Pokémon you can catch in hell.

According to some theories, Giratina. But I don't quite think that's true. Despite being Dark/Ghost(literally evil and death), Giratina's existence may simply be too bizarre and alien for us to understand.

As for more common Pokemon in hell... nothing but Lv.100 Metapods.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101785 on: May 05, 2016, 04:41:12 am »

I just discovered that I have a birthmark

I never noticed this before
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101786 on: May 05, 2016, 04:47:38 am »

Is it shaped like a religious figure/symbol?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101787 on: May 05, 2016, 05:09:00 am »

Sad is actually one of the few emotion threads where I'm fine having a "mildly sad" thread for things that just get you slightly down and a "major sad" thread for more serious woes/support. I mean just because someone has cancer doesn't necessarily invalidate your suffering due to the AC being out and your ice cream melting, but you might not necessarily need the same level of support, if you catch my drift.
Aye.  This.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #101788 on: May 05, 2016, 05:36:19 am »

To me that doesn't actually change just because you have two threads.
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101789 on: May 05, 2016, 05:36:42 am »

Well, it's better this way.
Sorry, scriver~   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 6784 6785 [6786] 6787 6788 ... 11039