Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6780 6781 [6782] 6783 6784 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14422295 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #101715 on: May 03, 2016, 04:28:54 pm »

Right I was basically taking that technically that human blood is kosher, and ignoring the intent (because, I'm playing a vampire).
Well technically it's not reminding you of animal blood!

We didn't actually consider the animal blood thing, thanks!  That's definitely nonkosher, and might come up since I'm trying to be niceish to humans for now.
At one point the GM argued that only humans who ate kosher (and possibly avoided dairy) would be kosher themselves, so I would need to feed off other Jews to be safe.  I successfully argued against that, though...  The rule seems intended for animals I raise myself, not "wild" ones.  More importantly, preying exclusively on Jews would be strongly against the 10 commandments (I'd be stealing from and possibly murdering other Jews, big no-no).
That would be interesting. I imagine it would get old though, having to inquire as to their full past diet and such. Following the 10 commandments and such as stringently as possible poses a unique obstacle, like how do you get a regular source of blood? Offer services with blood as payment? ???
Lol at wild humans, soylent milkshake is free range

Though now I'm beginning to cultivate an unsuspecting herd in our condo building, and will be subtly manipulating them to be kosher as possible.  We are effected by intoxicants in blood, so I think taking this initiative shows the greatest respect for Jewish law (through the lens of being, you know, a fricken vampire).
Makes sense, given that a kosher animal can become non-kosher if it's diseased or something. Ha, condo herd bants. Quality setting right there.

Also one of our party members is a fishmalk who is sometimes possessed by a millenia-old personality named Lilith...  Yeah...
She claims that the Abrahamic origin story is nonsense but what the hell does she know, she's crazy.  Or at best an evil temptress...  Definitely crazy though.  (In this setting, New World of Darkness, she's probably right.  Cain and all are no longer canon.  Only Baba Yaga survived the reboot, heehee)
If it seems weird that a vampire would care about any of this, it's because he's trying desperately to hold on to his humanity.  He's been complicit in a lot of savage shit already, and observing his faith (particularly inconveniently) seems like a natural way to retain self-control.
Yeah that makes sense, the route VtM: Bloodlines took too. Vampirism at its worst has sorta been diluted down to:
  • You become basically immortal
  • Forever young
  • Super seksy
  • Attain superpowers

With the only downside being ur well emo m9, which is not really a downside at all if you have a positive outlook on unlife. If you're fighting against yourself becoming something you don't want to be (becoming inhuman), fighting against the attractiveness of the curse or the base onnomnom hunger to retain your humanity - then it's grimdark for everyone, a hidden battle between superpowered victims and still-human victims. On a 2deep4u level as well, the penalty for a few of the biblical offenses is being cut off from the community. Fitting backstory for vampire curses!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101716 on: May 03, 2016, 04:49:31 pm »

Today on the WTF thread: Vampire Jews, the number 4, job resumes and neonivek behavior.

All is well in the world.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101717 on: May 03, 2016, 04:51:06 pm »

Going to work with a progressively worsening sinus infection and no sleep was not a great thing. For most of the day, I was fighting to keep myself from quite literally falling asleep where I stood. I doesn't help that the boss decided to harp on us about absenteeism - which, if his numbers aren't bullshit, is actually a major source of loss for us - then later on specifically praising me for being one of the <10 people who are at work consistently.

Right now, I'm finding it difficult to even speak.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101718 on: May 03, 2016, 04:58:21 pm »

*applies hugpats, bed to Akura*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101719 on: May 03, 2016, 05:46:48 pm »

Well, today marks the first day I've ever actually heard the Bohemian Rhapsody. I'm as surprised about this as you guys are.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101720 on: May 03, 2016, 05:58:16 pm »

Well, today marks the first day I've ever actually heard the Bohemian Rhapsody. I'm as surprised about this as you guys are.
:o
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #101721 on: May 03, 2016, 06:09:19 pm »

Uhh, I don't think I can vaporwave. As an old-school punk, I've done my share of terrible music, I like things that sound good now.

Have one of the all-time Australian greats:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYbh8hXpQqY
Yeah, but the point of punk sounding like shit was that anyone could make music, all you needed was the willingness to try; the intent behind it was what mattered, not the talent or the money put into production.

I mean granted I don't listen to stuff ripped from old tapes of local bands all the time, but I keep it around because I sometimes do.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101722 on: May 03, 2016, 06:12:08 pm »

Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101723 on: May 03, 2016, 06:13:31 pm »

Thanks for the bants, it's so fun to talk about this (:
I should probably keep it to the tabletop gaming experiences thread though, heh.

Fuuuck am I sleepy, though.  At least I'm not sick like Akura... that's far worse.  I'm just giddy, dopey, and feeling like I might close my eyes and it suddenly be dark outside.
This really feels like being tipsy yet... healthier, somehow.  I've made more progress cleaning my apartment than in the last month!  On the other hand I did snap rather harshly at someone online yesterday.  A scumbag I used to like, demanding hour after hour of my time.  Still feel a little bad about that, but I probably shouldn't.  There's being amicable with an ex, then there's just unwanted and painful emotional intimacy months later.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101724 on: May 03, 2016, 06:21:07 pm »

This sort of thing is what the WTF thread was made for.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #101725 on: May 03, 2016, 06:39:35 pm »

This sort of thing is what the WTF thread was made for.

pssst, kid, want to learn how to deimpact a fecaloma?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101726 on: May 03, 2016, 06:46:13 pm »

No.
Sigtext

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #101727 on: May 03, 2016, 07:22:37 pm »

pssst, kid, want to learn how to deimpact a fecaloma?
Sure! That sounds like something handy to know!

Your enthusiasm warms my heart. And you're right... it is very ... handy! eheheheheh

Anyway, here's how you go about it!

Step one: Put a glove in your left hand

Step two: Put TWO gloves in your right hand!

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101728 on: May 03, 2016, 08:52:10 pm »

It involves gloves.  And more than standard.   And it's Chairman Poo.

I don't think I need to look up what any of that is to know I don't want to look it up.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101729 on: May 04, 2016, 03:15:44 am »

So Yokai Watch is a videogame... and in spite being made for kids, if you really think about it... it is probably a REALLY terrible universe to live.

Basically ghosts by their mere presence (or sometimes malice) cause you to act different then you normally would.

Which is fine but then they give you little tidbits like certain ghosts being responsible for nearly all delinquents, causing divorce, obesity, and even hints of suicide (and are extremely common. In fact the implication is that ALL instances of those are caused by ghosts).

Seriously it is like free will has been curb stomped.

I am kind of seeing why a great sage deemed all ghosts "evil" and sealed them away...

It is probably the worst children's universe I can think of that isn't meant to be awful.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 03:30:56 am by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 6780 6781 [6782] 6783 6784 ... 11039