Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6775 6776 [6777] 6778 6779 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14421823 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #101640 on: May 01, 2016, 09:02:09 pm »

What is considered a good PPM (parts per million) of salt in a bottle of water? I grabbed another Nestle bottle.

One part of the label says it contains 552 PPM of Mineral Salts, another says 150, and a third part claims 25.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101641 on: May 01, 2016, 09:23:08 pm »

What is considered a good PPM (parts per million) of salt in a bottle of water? I grabbed another Nestle bottle.

One part of the label says it contains 552 PPM of Mineral Salts, another says 150, and a third part claims 25.
Anything less than 1000 IIRC. 500 is about average, any more than that is getting a bit too salty. It literally doesn't matter at all how little salt is in there though; 99% of your minerals come from food. Mineral water is no more or less healthy than aquifer, tap, or distilled water.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101642 on: May 01, 2016, 09:25:08 pm »

Well, distilled water would get problematic in large quantities and/or after sweating a lot. But yeah, anything you can just buy ought to be fine as long as you don't have a medical condition that makes you cut down on your sodium intake.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #101643 on: May 01, 2016, 09:26:55 pm »

Anything less than 1000 IIRC. 500 is about average, any more than that is getting a bit too salty. It literally doesn't matter at all how little salt is in there though; 99% of your minerals come from food. Mineral water is no more or less healthy than aquifer, tap, or distilled water.
Addendum: You may want to go for mineral water depending on where you currently are in the world. Just 'cause some places got good filtration, doesn't mean all do. Drink (water) responsibly.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101644 on: May 01, 2016, 09:31:54 pm »

Addendum: You may want to go for mineral water depending on where you currently are in the world. Just 'cause some places got good filtration, doesn't mean all do. Drink (water) responsibly.
If your tap water's not drinkable then all bets are off
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #101645 on: May 01, 2016, 09:34:00 pm »

It sure ain't.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101646 on: May 01, 2016, 09:38:45 pm »

It sure ain't.
Drinkable water is the basis of civilised society. This has been known since Roman times. If you don't have tap water, what do you have? Anarchy.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101647 on: May 01, 2016, 09:38:58 pm »

I don't always drink, but when I do, I always drink... water.

Stay thirsty my friends. Actually, no, don't do that, that's bad for you.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101648 on: May 01, 2016, 10:11:58 pm »

The water cooler at my work tastes a little funny. Maybe it's just filtered differently than my bottled water.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101650 on: May 01, 2016, 11:39:33 pm »

-proof that there is not a loving god-
well

well

two things

i will never sleep again

and i will never complain about pitiful canadian mosquitos or spiders again
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101651 on: May 02, 2016, 03:35:53 am »

Me and my friends just spent 5 hours playing Zombicide. Then, one of them decided to throw a molitov at the rest of us and kill us all. Funny part is, all we did was walk down the street. The mission we were doing was rated as around an hour long. I didn't know having 6 newbs and a decent gm makes it take 5 times as long :V

Newbs playing a game taking 5 times as long as normal, seems legit in my experience. Settlers of Catan: We had to play that in my design class, and no-one in my group ever played it before. It was goddamn slow until we worked out how you're meant to play, then it was pretty fast.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101652 on: May 02, 2016, 08:05:55 am »

its Cicada time again. have fun New England.

They're not mosquitos, so it's not a problem.

It sure ain't.
Drinkable water is the basis of civilised society. This has been known since Roman times. If you don't have tap water, what do you have? Anarchy.

"Lead lead wiiiiine, stay close to me, don't let me be alooooone" - Some roman, probably
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101653 on: May 02, 2016, 08:45:09 am »

Actualy, the whole lead piping of the romans may have contributed immensely to the empire in a very distopian way. The lead poisoning probably happened slowly and only culminated during the later stages of life (for those times, at least), IE around 40 years for men or so, meaning romans often died before becoming old and useless, so Rome didn't have to worry about an aging population that couldn't work.

No piping would mean that disentery and crippling diarrhea would prob affect way more people, and are conditions that make you pretty much unable to fight or work in any significant way, while lead poisoning in such conditions takes a while to set in and allows you to keep working for a good while before it becomes crippling. :v

Not that the Romans didn't have other means of dealing with old people. It wasn't uncommon for old men to throw themselves off a certain bridge once they got to a certain age. Retirement? Pfffft, why retire when you can live the thrill of ropeless basejumping?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 08:47:05 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #101654 on: May 02, 2016, 08:53:50 am »

[citation needed]
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 6775 6776 [6777] 6778 6779 ... 11039