Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6774 6775 [6776] 6777 6778 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14422194 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #101625 on: May 01, 2016, 03:20:01 pm »

Not that it was at all worth involving yourself with a divorce case, and the guy sounds entitled, but...  Isn't there a strong incentive for "pro bono" work?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101626 on: May 01, 2016, 03:29:31 pm »

How do you overcharge someone when you're charging nothing? Did he want you to give him money instead?

ManMan

• Bay Watcher
  • I will not be very active till this text goes away
    • View Profile
« Reply #101627 on: May 01, 2016, 03:35:45 pm »

So, I just got the notification that today at 9:15 I received the following message:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It seems like something retarded. It's probably a virus I got from going around in websites... I tried typing this into google translate and I get nothing. It's coming from this number.
I checked if I had any subscription on my phone that I had to pay for, but nothing.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #101628 on: May 01, 2016, 03:39:26 pm »

Maybe they just had the wrong number?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ManMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101629 on: May 01, 2016, 03:43:47 pm »

I guess it was the FBI sending an encrypted message to Obama, but they got the wrong number. I'm from Italy, how much have they messed up if they sent it to me?

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #101630 on: May 01, 2016, 03:50:31 pm »

Not really, no. It isn't like you get anything for doing pro bono stuff. You probably should get, I dunno but some kind of thing, because then it would skyrocket, but nopes. Also, it costs money to do (even basic operations costs).

I have no idea.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101631 on: May 01, 2016, 03:54:02 pm »

Here I am, having a fun session of Planetside 2. I've got an anti-infantry turret set up pointed at an enemy Sunderer, tearing them up as they spawn(screw them, they spawncamp me all the time). Then my phone rings. Even though spam calls are pretty much the only calls I get, I know who it is even before I look: My mother. She wants me to go into her room to find something, but I can't hear what she says. At this point, I start Redeploying(basically suiciding in PS2), since I obviously can't play while talking on the phone. She tries again to tell me what she wants me to do, but she's still unclear, and as I go into her room to try and figure out what it is, the call cuts out, so either she hung up or the signal dropped. Probably the latter as my phone signal indicator has had 1 bar for the past half hour. By the time I get back to the game, the battle is over, gg erry1.

Dammit, I was having fun before this bullcrap. I still don't know what she wanted.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101632 on: May 01, 2016, 04:13:05 pm »

So, I just got the notification that today at 9:15 I received the following message:

It seems like something retarded. It's probably a virus I got from going around in websites... I tried typing this into google translate and I get nothing. It's coming from this number.
I checked if I had any subscription on my phone that I had to pay for, but nothing.
It's butchered German. 'Is it [or maybe 'are you'] in yet? When does he swim? Else we'll come around 11? Is that okay? Dear greetings, [a common goodbye formula, especially in texts] Kathia'

Someone called Kathia either wants to go swimming with some folks or is texting a guy while fucking him together with a third person. Either way she's having a difficult time expressing what she wants.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

ManMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101633 on: May 01, 2016, 04:18:28 pm »

It's butchered German. 'Is it [or maybe 'are you'] in yet? When does he swim? Else we'll come around 11? Is that okay? Dear greetings, [a common goodbye formula, especially in texts] Kathia'

Someone called Kathia either wants to go swimming with some folks or is texting a guy while fucking him together with a third person. Either way she's having a difficult time expressing what she wants.
I seriously have no idea why someone sent me that

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101634 on: May 01, 2016, 04:23:13 pm »

Wrong number, probably. Kathia met some vacationing Germans, and now she's going to a club with them or something.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101635 on: May 01, 2016, 04:31:26 pm »

Wrong number, probably. Kathia met some vacationing Germans,
and one thing inevitably led to another.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101636 on: May 01, 2016, 04:37:10 pm »

Wrong number, probably. Kathia met some vacationing Germans,
and one thing inevitably led to texting a guy while fucking him together with a third person.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101637 on: May 01, 2016, 04:43:58 pm »

I seriously have no idea why someone sent me that

I once got a text from some girl to another girl about the sender also sending a picture of her breasts to the other. Unfortunately, this was on my old phone which did not have the ability to handle pictures, so no boobs for me.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101638 on: May 01, 2016, 04:57:11 pm »

You mean, a link to their cam website. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #101639 on: May 01, 2016, 07:06:00 pm »

Me and my friends just spent 5 hours playing Zombicide. Then, one of them decided to throw a molitov at the rest of us and kill us all. Funny part is, all we did was walk down the street. The mission we were doing was rated as around an hour long. I didn't know having 6 newbs and a decent gm makes it take 5 times as long :V
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer
Pages: 1 ... 6774 6775 [6776] 6777 6778 ... 11039