Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6773 6774 [6775] 6776 6777 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14422184 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #101610 on: May 01, 2016, 09:15:09 am »

Your destiny is sealed, Jopax. An undeniable fate approaches. From this day forward, you are forever doomed to paint her muscular form like one of your French girls.
That would make for a pretty awesome artsy movie. Throw in a few bits about your region's violent and traumatic past, maybe have her be from a different ethnicity than you, add in a couple flare-ups of political violence... It'll be running on Arte in no time.
Hey! You forgot the obligatory cancer!
And then the war began
And, alas, she's your lost sister.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #101611 on: May 01, 2016, 09:39:17 am »

Your destiny is sealed, Jopax. An undeniable fate approaches. From this day forward, you are forever doomed to paint her muscular form like one of your French girls.
That would make for a pretty awesome artsy movie. Throw in a few bits about your region's violent and traumatic past, maybe have her be from a different ethnicity than you, add in a couple flare-ups of political violence... It'll be running on Arte in no time.
Hey! You forgot the obligatory cancer!
And then the war began
And, alas, she's your lost sister.
But then, as all seems lost, it's revealed that you were actually adopted by her parents!

"Wait, what's Japan writing on the script?"
"Let me le see that, all changes must be approved by le director!"
"They'renotbloodkinsoit'sokay!"

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101612 on: May 01, 2016, 10:34:30 am »

If he can paint, he can send her pictures of paintings of her sporting events painted based on pictures he took at said sporting events. ;)

* I am making lots of assumptions!
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101613 on: May 01, 2016, 10:42:44 am »

I don't know if this is referencing something (European thing?) but this movie sounds like a must-buy for reasons.  Best romcom since Mr. & Mrs. Smith.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #101614 on: May 01, 2016, 10:43:24 am »

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101615 on: May 01, 2016, 10:44:44 am »

I got the *Titanic* reference, thank you though :P

But some of what Helgoland said sounded kinda specific, like describing a genre of arty films maybe.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101616 on: May 01, 2016, 10:47:25 am »

There is a lot of salt in my water bottle, according to the ingredients/nutritional information.

Way too much.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #101617 on: May 01, 2016, 10:48:01 am »

There is a lot of salt in my water bottle, according to the ingredients/nutritional information.

Way too much.

Is it a sports drink?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101618 on: May 01, 2016, 10:50:05 am »

Nope. Generic water bottle, made by Nestlé.

ManMan

• Bay Watcher
  • I will not be very active till this text goes away
    • View Profile
« Reply #101619 on: May 01, 2016, 10:51:14 am »

Someone's salty.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #101620 on: May 01, 2016, 10:52:42 am »

Nope. Generic water bottle, made by Nestlé.

No surprise there then. They want to make you more thirsty so you buy and drink more of their water!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101621 on: May 01, 2016, 11:07:13 am »

It's because water with salt added tastes better (there's probably a couple other minerals too).  And it's stuff that is typically found in those trace amounts in fresh water anyway.  Fresh water from a spring often has very trace amounts of those minerals and the filtering process usually removes them, so they add the ones that make the water taste more like 'water' back.

Plain water with none of that stuff in it can taste off to some folks.  Not everybody can tell, but some can.

P.S. Note that some companies do add excessive amounts, so do still need to be careful in some cases.  I vaguely remember there being one big thing to look out for but I forget what exactly it is.

It's kinda like that whole mess with milk when people freaked out that milk companies were adding something or another to the milk after pasteurization and it turned out it was just the healthy stuff in the milk that gets separated out as a side effect of pasteurization being re-added.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 11:19:55 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101622 on: May 01, 2016, 12:19:39 pm »

I just realized(mostly because I started re-reading it) that because Windows 10 had that Cortana thing, this might have actual relevance.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101623 on: May 01, 2016, 12:33:53 pm »

Microsoft naming that... thing "Cortana" has me pretty conflicted.  As a diehard Marathon/Bungie fan.  The Halo TRILOGY (by Bungie) represents a beautiful betrayal to me...  I love it, but it's so sick that MS gave Bungie enough silver to ensure the all-but-death of Mac gaming, while also buying their raw new console a place in the console wars. 
It was an excellent move for a company with capital, and did great things for Bungie too.  (Though they kinda let themselves go after Halo 3...  Destiny is not great)

But, this "Cortana" search thing.  I kinda want to hate it as a cheap cash-in on a name we know and love (particularly with Bungie not even being under MS anymore).

On the other hand...  It's about time!  She's finally rampant and ""evil"" (':
She/they

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #101624 on: May 01, 2016, 03:17:19 pm »

Please do NOT QUOTE. Thank you.

Just had a complaint filed against me by a pro bono client (I didn't charge him anything) from 4 years ago....

Claims I didn't do anything, and get this, overcharged him (Remember that "Pro Bono" free part? Yeah.... Nope).

He's pissed about his divorce situation. Nobody wins in a divorce. Nobody. I made that clear. He's pissed things changed due to changing circumstances.

It won't matter cause 4 years is way too long, but still.... That'll teach me to help somebody out.

This is what I get for being nice to somebody. I'm just a target to shoot at. O well. Waste of time showing up to defend this when it'll be thrown out anyhow.
I know people who have easily paid $12,000 and up in legal fees for a heated divorce and this guy got it for $0. It was ugly. Yeah, he had to pay court and filing costs, child support, etc, but he'd have had to do that even if he represented himself. There's actually no way around it when you wanna fight like hell.

Please do NOT QUOTE. Thank you.

It just .... gah. It'll be fine, but come on really?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 6773 6774 [6775] 6776 6777 ... 11039