Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6766 6767 [6768] 6769 6770 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14426572 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #101505 on: April 28, 2016, 09:07:38 pm »

O_O 4Chan actually got a quests board made.
But then how will they archive quests if not on tg?
The guy that runs Suptg set up a way to archive them to suptg. I'm not really sure if it matters, given that almost all of the guys running quests are staying on tg, since the whole thing is a poorly thought out pet project by a mod who hasn't read any quests in six years or so, and gave almost no warning before doing it.
Half-assed attempt to remove weeb?
Seems to be working, in the brief skim of the first page of tg I only saw 1 quest thread.
From what I've seen on twitter, part of that is because most of the major quest-makers put their schedules on hiatus for a few days to see what's going to happen and wait for it to calm down.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101506 on: April 28, 2016, 09:13:00 pm »

Went to the Work and Income office to finally get the benefit sorted.

Started off okay, showed them ID, miscellaneous paperwork, and so on. Then it turns out that the online application I made was eaten by their shitty computer system, so I had to spend ~20 minutes filling it out by hand. Then I didn't have enough bank statements, they wanted 52 weeks in arrears and I only had two months' worth. So I had to walk to the bank to ask for them to be printed, but missed the branch just across the road and ended up going half an hour away.

When I got back to the office, the case manager had a bit of a larf, but everything went through fine. It was exhausting.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101507 on: April 28, 2016, 09:44:20 pm »

Try GIMP?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101508 on: April 28, 2016, 09:52:54 pm »

This is pretty WTF:

BALTIMORE (CBSNewYork/AP) — A young man in an animal costume and surgical mask who walked into a Baltimore TV station Thursday claiming to have a bomb was shot and wounded by police, who determined that his alleged explosive consisted of aluminum-wrapped chocolate bars duct-taped to a flotation device.

The 25-year-old white male was in serious but stable condition at a hospital and expected to survive, said Baltimore Police Department spokesman T.J. Smith. Smith said the man was from nearby Howard County, but that police would not identify him until they filed charges against him.

The progressively bizarre scene unfolded Thursday afternoon when the man walked into the lobby of Fox affiliate WBFF on Baltimore’s TV Hill. The man, wearing what Smith said was a panda suit and what employees described as a hedgehog costume, gave a flash drive to a security guard and told him he wanted the station to broadcast its contents. Smith said police don’t know what was on the drive.

The security guard activated an alarm under his desk, and the station was quickly evacuated, WBFF General Manager Bill Fanshawe said. Police say the man barricaded himself in the station.

“He pretty much said he had a bomb on him and that he … had a message that he needed to be heard,” a security guard told CBS Baltimore.

As police, fire, arson, bomb squad and SWAT teams converged on the scene, a car in the station’s parking lot was engulfed in flames. Smith said it was later determined to belong to the man.

When police tried to talk with the man in the lobby, he walked out of the building and into the street, and refused to obey numerous orders by heavily armed officers to show his hands. Police shot him more than once, Smith said, then sent a bomb-detecting robot to him through which they communicated from a distance as he lay on the ground.

The man eventually removed the flotation device. Once the robot had picked it up and rolled away, police and paramedics rushed to him and put him in an ambulance, Smith said.

The faux bomb also contained a motherboard from a fire extinguisher and a wire that ran down the man’s sleeve to what looked like a detonator, Smith said.

No one else was hurt, he said. Officers were sweeping the station to make sure the suspect did not leave anything dangerous.

Police Commissioner Kevin Davis called the man’s behavior “bizarre,” and “dangerous.”

“This is a very, very unusual event,” Davis said.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #101509 on: April 28, 2016, 10:11:42 pm »

Okay, but what was in the drive? I need to know!
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101510 on: April 28, 2016, 10:12:44 pm »

Wut
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #101511 on: April 28, 2016, 10:14:14 pm »

He was willing to get shot for what was on the drive, man.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101512 on: April 28, 2016, 10:25:40 pm »

Furries man. Those fucking furries.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101513 on: April 28, 2016, 10:38:46 pm »

The video from the quoted site says that the flash drive contained a video of the man talking in the camera voicing concerns over the government harming it's citizens.  Also has video of the man when he got taken down by police snipers.

Honestly the outfit looks more like onezie pajamas to me.  From the description I was expecting like a fursuit or something.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 10:40:35 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #101514 on: April 28, 2016, 10:40:53 pm »

Y'know, I'm all for opposing authoritarianism and police brutality, but you can't really be surprised to get shot when you walk into a TV station claiming to have a bomb and wanting them to broadcast your message and then don't listen when the cops try to talk you down.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #101515 on: April 28, 2016, 10:48:10 pm »

"I am afraid that the government is harming its citizens and need to alert the world to my message. How should I do it?

I know, make a bomb threat! While wearing a panda suit! What can go wrong?"
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #101516 on: April 28, 2016, 10:49:05 pm »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101517 on: April 28, 2016, 11:08:06 pm »

Baltimore Man, Baltimore Man, does things that Baltimore does.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101518 on: April 28, 2016, 11:29:14 pm »

My WTF is that people don't know the difference between a panda suit and a hedgehog suit.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #101519 on: April 28, 2016, 11:40:52 pm »

It was a US police spokesman making the panda claim. Those seem to have trouble telling the difference between a lot of things >_>
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 6766 6767 [6768] 6769 6770 ... 11039