Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6745 6746 [6747] 6748 6749 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14445707 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #101190 on: April 24, 2016, 10:08:03 pm »

There is no image.
Noticed and fix'd.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101191 on: April 24, 2016, 10:17:45 pm »

I have no idea who Nunzillor is.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #101192 on: April 24, 2016, 10:27:14 pm »

...Wait, what?

...He's not even banned. He's unpersoned. That punishment was last reserved for Pathos. :o

never mind, self-imposed exile is totally different

you guys are REALLY slow posters :v
It seems posts by unpersoned users now appear as guest posts. I had been wondering where those came from on a forum that requires logging in to post.
Aye. I first noticed that when trying to gather intel on Pathos in my wee days of the forum. I found on the members list that he didn't show up. Some time later--I think after Bohandas necro'd a thread--I found one of Pathos's posts, his username written in linkless white and underscored by "Guest", and realized that his notoriety was so great that Toady must've destroyed his profile, leaving nothing but the smoking ruin of a dank maymay.

Not sure why, but that kind of reminds me; I wanted to advise Toady that that King guy's first thread should probably get the axe. It shows up on the second page of search results if you google "[The Unspeakable One] [S.U.X.E.N.]", rather undermining The Unspeakable One's unspeakability.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101193 on: April 24, 2016, 10:37:28 pm »

Not sure why, but that kind of reminds me; I wanted to advise Toady that that King guy's first thread should probably get the axe. It shows up on the second page of search results if you google "[The Unspeakable One] [S.U.X.E.N.]", rather undermining The Unspeakable One's unspeakability.

Is there a typo in there? I'm not finding any bay12forums.com results (it's easy to tell, since google returns 17 14 results, and bing returns 0).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #101194 on: April 24, 2016, 10:40:00 pm »

I have no idea who Nunzillor is.
It begins.

Next you guys are going to tell me you have no idea who MonsterMash is.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101195 on: April 24, 2016, 10:41:18 pm »

I actually don't

Unless that was the joke

RIP
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #101196 on: April 24, 2016, 10:47:44 pm »

Frankly, I still don't even know who this "Pathos" person is or what they did. :V
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101197 on: April 24, 2016, 10:52:17 pm »

Frankly, I still don't even know who this "Pathos" person is or what they did. :V

A well known user a long time ago, who turned out to be a sock-puppeteer. I think there was some ban-dodging going on for a while there too.

This thread probably has the answers.

Edit: Also these ones.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=80210.0
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=80210.0
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 10:54:47 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101198 on: April 24, 2016, 10:57:27 pm »

Is there a typo in there? I'm not finding any bay12forums.com results (it's easy to tell, since google returns 17 14 results, and bing returns 0).
The first bracketed word must not be named here, and the second word has periods added and is spelled backwards, to play it safe.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101199 on: April 24, 2016, 11:01:35 pm »

I both love and loathe the mystery this forum creates surrounding banned users sometimes.
Black lives matter.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101200 on: April 24, 2016, 11:04:03 pm »

The first bracketed word must not be named here, and the second word has periods added and is spelled backwards, to play it safe.
Oh, that guy. Yeah he was 100% bonkers. Kinda feel sorry for him honestly.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101201 on: April 24, 2016, 11:04:05 pm »

If you want info on The Unspeakable, ask penguinofhonor for "the goods", a visual recording of his tome of madness in thread format.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101202 on: April 24, 2016, 11:07:37 pm »

Eh? People say Armok all the time here. And what does www.nexusmods.com have to do with anything? :V

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101203 on: April 24, 2016, 11:15:13 pm »

nvm
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 11:24:32 pm by Orange Wizard »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #101204 on: April 24, 2016, 11:15:50 pm »

Dude we don't distribute those logs in public for a reason
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 6745 6746 [6747] 6748 6749 ... 11040