Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6744 6745 [6746] 6747 6748 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14448457 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #101175 on: April 24, 2016, 07:34:08 pm »

One does not simply install drivers for an XBONE controller on the PC. Windows automatically pulls it, except that it doesn't, so you go online to find it, where it's been provided online, except it's not, because it was taken down because windows automatically pulls it, which it doesn't. This leads me to the Microsoft webpage on how to install it (which tells you that windows automatically blah blah blah), then points you to its software catalog, which then graciously thanks you for visiting and tells you to use IE6.0+ before dumping you on its home page and, after navigating through about ten pages of nonsense to get to the Xbone controller portion, it finally brings you to, what's this, the driver page? Nope! Just the same goddamn instructions on how to install the drivers, which windows should automatically pull down, except that it doesn't. Cue me going to Tomshardware and checking to threads to find a link to a youtube video to find links to four different web pages which each point to the same link, which would have been the link provided on the first mentioned provider, which actually has the drivers you were looking for.

Great googly Jesus, I've been doing this for like thirteen years now, this should not be this difficult. And people say using Linux is hard.
Would it not be easier to just use a damn 360 controller instead at that point?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #101176 on: April 24, 2016, 07:50:48 pm »

Ho. Ly. Shit.

Who has that much time? Seriously. Tell me, I need to know.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #101177 on: April 24, 2016, 07:51:51 pm »

I heard there were wired 360 pc controllers, tho.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101178 on: April 24, 2016, 08:33:06 pm »

I heard there were wired 360 pc controllers, tho.
There are. I sell them frequently. Any wired 360 controller works. M$ branded are plug'n'play, and any random wired 360 controller will work if you have drivers. M$ branded are $35 used (I haven't seen a new one in a long, long time,) and RockCandy and other off-brand controllers start at $20 brand new.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101179 on: April 24, 2016, 08:49:12 pm »

To this day I don't understand how anyone could prefer an XBOX controller to mouse+keyboard.  A joystick, sure.  Maybe possibly the Playstation controller.  But that bloated mess that is the Xbox controller?  Only a mother (or a devoted fan) could love that crap.

Then again, I owned and loved a PS2 so I'm probably the fan...
It does look like it'd be objectively better than the xbox controller though.  It's probably because the PS2 controller is (better, but) harder to hook up to a computer.

Fucking Microsoft.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #101180 on: April 24, 2016, 08:53:12 pm »

There are things on 'tinternet that allow you to use a PS3 controller, and I imagine a PS4 controller too.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101181 on: April 24, 2016, 08:55:24 pm »

There are adapters that let you plug a Playstation 2-4 controller into a computer, yeah.  And then you've basically got an XBOX controller, except it's the sleeker Playstation controller.

Up to you whether you prefer that.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #101182 on: April 24, 2016, 08:56:21 pm »

Depends what kinda games. Last time I used the PS3 controller for my PC, I wasn't playing PC games. /shifty

Edit: my wtf: watching some CS:GO nonsense. One team was getting beat 12-3 in a "first to 16" format, then I stopped paying attention.

The score is now 12-10. Understandably, the team that just dropped 7 games have taken a timeout to discuss WTFISHAPPENINGHERE
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 08:58:12 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101183 on: April 24, 2016, 08:59:08 pm »

I have a PS2-to-USB converter that I use to play totally legit copies of PS1 games that I no longer have a system for. I also have a Steam Controller, because my boss got one free and didn't want it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #101184 on: April 24, 2016, 09:36:23 pm »

In the end, the xbox controller is still a giant chunk of plastic compared to the ps2/gcn controllers. I'm much rather find a converter for whenever I get a game on pc that would need a controller more often.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #101185 on: April 24, 2016, 09:40:18 pm »

the steam controller is nice

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101186 on: April 24, 2016, 09:52:04 pm »

I use this thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIVPtukT8X0
It's cheap as dirt (it's $10 or less) and works. And when it doesn't i just have to install x360ce and it's good to go.

And naturally some games absolutely NEED a pad to be remotely playable.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yes all of those keys are needed at a moments notice and you need to hold 4 or more buttons at once at times.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 09:59:56 pm by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #101187 on: April 24, 2016, 10:00:14 pm »

I use this thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIVPtukT8X0
It's cheap as dirt (it's $10 or less) and works. And when it doesn't i just have to install x360ce and it's good to go.

And naturally some games absolutely NEED a pad to be remotely playable.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yes all of those keys are needed at a moments notice and you need to hold 4 or more buttons at once at times.
There is no image.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #101188 on: April 24, 2016, 10:00:59 pm »

...Wait, what?

...He's not even banned. He's unpersoned. That punishment was last reserved for Pathos. :o

never mind, self-imposed exile is totally different

you guys are REALLY slow posters :v
It seems posts by unpersoned users now appear as guest posts. I had been wondering where those came from on a forum that requires logging in to post.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #101189 on: April 24, 2016, 10:04:53 pm »

Okay which of you guys pissed off Nunzillor so much he decided to cease to exist?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 6744 6745 [6746] 6747 6748 ... 11040