Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6738 6739 [6740] 6741 6742 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14449291 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #101085 on: April 23, 2016, 06:08:51 am »

I could never get the hang of swiping keyboards myself.

I tap tap tap on SwiftKey
I just don't like them.

I have SwiftKey, and also disabled autocorrect.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #101086 on: April 23, 2016, 01:42:32 pm »

I have been having terrible trouble with my laptop stuttering and locking up. Very annoying.

I eventually realized it only happens when I am online, so on a hunch I activated the "metered connection" feature (which disables certain internet using features, such as windows update). Now it works like a charm.

I am starting to really hate windows 10...
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #101087 on: April 23, 2016, 02:55:37 pm »

So... you still remember Hatred?
Yanno that game where you ran around killing people?

Well the creators of that game made another game.

"The player takes the role of NATO’s stationary machine-gun operator, deployed to defend the shores of Europe. His task is to blast as many of the invaders as possible, until his glorious death."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9haLeGN9HPA

It's basically beachhead but with Muslims and better graphics.

I guess that studio already has it in there head that their niche is offensively violent or violently offensive games. I suppose it 'kinda' works as a you undoubtedly have your core audience that will eat that sorta stuff up, but I wouldn't say it's anything even approaching original.
It also fails at being offensive. In Hatred, you played a mass-murdering nihilist, and it was graphically intense. This new game is just generic, and has you shooting ISIS attackers who come in speedboats (i.e., they are the nihilists, and you are defending from them). That's not really controversial enough to get any media coverage.
Hatred was literally just edge and nothing else.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #101088 on: April 23, 2016, 03:08:26 pm »

It intends to be controversial because its a clear jive at the refugee crisis
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101090 on: April 23, 2016, 04:21:03 pm »

My parents are starting to get more and more extreme in their racist tendencies. Just a short while ago, my mother and I were driving around nearby neighborhoods, looking for a house to buy. Out of nowhere, saying it like it's actually okay to say, "At least all of the people in this neighborhood we've seen so far are white". And my stepdad, well, I've already seen him speed through an intersection because there was a black pedestrian walking through it. It's starting to get pretty unsettling.

Come to think of it, my mother did say she had somewhere to be in about an hour from now. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a KKK meeting at this point.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #101091 on: April 23, 2016, 05:05:53 pm »

Was reading news. A reporter called pastebin a "hacker forum". Research: none was made.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #101092 on: April 23, 2016, 05:07:28 pm »

Hmmmmmm.

Hard to see how on earth they arrived at that conclusion.

My WTF: animals lose a lot of brain mass when domesticated.

Shouldn't have been that surprised, but was a bit shocked by it.
One wheel short of a wagon

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #101093 on: April 23, 2016, 05:11:28 pm »

Hmmmmmm.

Hard to see how on earth they arrived at that conclusion.
Anonymous posted a how-to guide on how to DDOS a government agency there.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101094 on: April 23, 2016, 05:17:34 pm »

But pastebin != a forum.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

cottontailcake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101095 on: April 23, 2016, 05:41:11 pm »

hrm, I wonder if you can tell your browser not to let it? Sounds annoying and potentially un-customisable.

ooh :// I recently noticed that my facebook had connected to my Skype, and there was no way to tell it to stop save for removing all access to facebook for everything. Given that the only thing my facebook and skype have in common is my email, I really want to know HOW AND WHY that happened. (But not enough to, you know, find out.)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101096 on: April 23, 2016, 06:01:19 pm »

Does M$ own both of those?  Or is Facebook still Facebook?
Sigtext

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #101097 on: April 23, 2016, 06:34:30 pm »

I'm too lazy to actually compare the numbers, but here, have some data.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

cottontailcake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101098 on: April 23, 2016, 06:44:53 pm »

So, apparently when USAans talk about eating tubs of icecream, they're often talking about pint tubs (so about 600ml) rather than the tubs we get here, which usually come in a minimum of 2 litres (3.5 pints). Everything I know is wrong.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101099 on: April 23, 2016, 06:49:53 pm »

So, apparently when USAans talk about eating tubs of icecream, they're often talking about pint tubs (so about 600ml) rather than the tubs we get here, which usually come in a minimum of 2 litres (3.5 pints). Everything I know is wrong.
Oh wow that actually makes more sense. Ice cream comes in 2-3 litre tubs here as well, which I couldn't eat in one go without making myself sick. And obese.

Roughly 33:47 for the arm to leg ratio in males... huh. Mine is about 1:1.
Your arms are as long as your legs? Pics or it didn't happen.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 6738 6739 [6740] 6741 6742 ... 11040