Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6737 6738 [6739] 6740 6741 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14446400 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #101070 on: April 22, 2016, 08:20:51 pm »

So... you still remember Hatred?
Yanno that game where you ran around killing people?

Well the creators of that game made another game.

"The player takes the role of NATO’s stationary machine-gun operator, deployed to defend the shores of Europe. His task is to blast as many of the invaders as possible, until his glorious death."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9haLeGN9HPA

It's basically beachhead but with Muslims and better graphics.

I guess that studio already has it in there head that their niche is offensively violent or violently offensive games. I suppose it 'kinda' works as a you undoubtedly have your core audience that will eat that sorta stuff up, but I wouldn't say it's anything even approaching original.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101071 on: April 22, 2016, 08:24:21 pm »

"The player takes the role of NATO’s stationary machine-gun operator, deployed to defend the shores of Europe. His task is to blast as many of the invaders as possible, until his glorious death."

I guess that studio already has it in there head that their niche is offensively violent or violently offensive games. I suppose it 'kinda' works as a you undoubtedly have your core audience that will eat that sorta stuff up, but I wouldn't say it's anything even approaching original.
It also fails at being offensive. In Hatred, you played a mass-murdering nihilist, and it was graphically intense. This new game is just generic, and has you shooting ISIS attackers who come in speedboats (i.e., they are the nihilists, and you are defending from them). That's not really controversial enough to get any media coverage.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 08:32:08 pm by Reelya »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #101072 on: April 22, 2016, 09:07:30 pm »

i had a dream about some rando accusing me of trying to sabotage masterwork DF by making things too complicated

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101073 on: April 22, 2016, 09:48:22 pm »

It also fails at being offensive. In Hatred, you played a mass-murdering nihilist, and it was graphically intense. This new game is just generic, and has you shooting ISIS attackers who come in speedboats (i.e., they are the nihilists, and you are defending from them). That's not really controversial enough to get any media coverage.
It gets some coverage but from mostly unremarkable sites like vice.
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/is-defense-is-islamophobia-the-game
Also hey the steam reviews are mostly positive.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101074 on: April 22, 2016, 10:02:43 pm »

Ugh, I hate Vice. Why is that shit still around?

In other WTF: why do I always seem to be the one that ends up buying the toilet paper around here? I'm certainly not the only one who uses it. Cheap bastards are taking advantage of the fact that I like to poop semi-daily.

Well, not this time. I emptied my bowels with the last of the TP, now I'm gonna wait 'em out. I'll go hungry for days if need be. If these useless shitbags don't buy some by the time I crack, I'll just have to start maintaining my own supply of loo rolls in my room.

Bonus WTF: why does this Swype keyboard refuse to output curse words? Even after I've typed them in manually and it has recognized them as correctly-spelt words, not putting a red line under them or anything? Is it trying to encourage me to swear less?
Fuck the hell off and get your shit together you stupid fuckstain of a program. You work for me.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101075 on: April 22, 2016, 10:04:18 pm »

To prevent accidental swearing, I'm sure.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #101076 on: April 22, 2016, 10:06:52 pm »

Sounds like you should use a stupider keyboard.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101077 on: April 22, 2016, 10:08:50 pm »

To prevent accidental swearing, I'm sure.
But... that's a good thing! Dropping the occasional f-bomb whilst writing your PhD on sexually aggressive waterfowl would liven it up a bit and inject some much-needed humour.

...Ugh. Just now it tried to spell "humour" without a "u". What the duck is that sit?
Booze is Life for Yoink

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #101078 on: April 22, 2016, 10:11:54 pm »

...Ugh. Just now it tried to spell "humour" without a "u". What the duck is that sit?
Get ye a EN-UK spellcheck or get ye less complaints about our lack of extra u's. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101079 on: April 22, 2016, 10:15:00 pm »

The weird thing is, it accepts both. The very next time I typed (swyped?) it, with the same finger motion, it decided to go with the correct version instead.
I suppose I'll have to go into its actual settings to change this, but that seems like a lot of effort. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #101080 on: April 22, 2016, 11:10:48 pm »

I could never get the hang of swiping keyboards myself.

I tap tap tap on SwiftKey 

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #101081 on: April 23, 2016, 12:29:23 am »

I generally stick to traditional, physical keyboards anyway. Although, there was an add for a laser-keyboard that looked interesting...
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #101082 on: April 23, 2016, 01:32:16 am »

Heh, my keyboard won't even do 'sucks'. It's irritating.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101083 on: April 23, 2016, 03:31:26 am »

I generally stick to traditional, physical keyboards anyway.
Sure, but that's a bit hard to use with a phone without some special cable... and then you'd need to lug around an entire keyboard.

New WTF: I am planning to go down the road to grab something to eat shortly.
It's getting dark and is no doubt cold outside, and I don't want to get any sicker than I am, so I'm doing my best to dress warmly.
Unfortunately I couldn't find the pair of weird long underpants/leggings/whatever I know I have lying around somewhere. I don't have much else suitable for wearing under my normal pants. The solution? I dug a pair of rather thin jeans out from somewhere in my cupboard, and am now wearing them under my normal jeans.

That's right, I just invented underjeans. I am a genius. For when double denim still ain't enough denim.
Now, where would I go to patent my underjeans idea? >.>
Booze is Life for Yoink

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101084 on: April 23, 2016, 04:31:06 am »

North American phone companies kinda bother me.

If you can afford to pay new customers several hundred dollars per line to buy out their contract with a competitor and offer them a coupla hundred dollars worth of credits, methinks you are overcharging your customers.

Christ, I could get by on a pay as you go phone in the UK for about 10 quid every few months! Though I did communicate solely through text... and I got a free cinema ticket every Wednesday.

You can get burners over here as well. Tracfone's $20 for a 3 mo/120 min card, which is more than enough for me.

Huh, I pay $20 for a 60 minute card. I did have a 2x booster at one point, but I don't know if that transferred to my new phone or not. I guess I'll find out in a month when I need to re-up.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 6737 6738 [6739] 6740 6741 ... 11040