Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6736 6737 [6738] 6739 6740 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14449311 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #101055 on: April 22, 2016, 03:55:51 pm »

It did.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101056 on: April 22, 2016, 04:32:46 pm »

So I bought and have been immersed in Bravely Second, the sequel to Bravely Default. I'm really loving it so far, has all the great qualities of the first one  and then some.

Then the game dumps on me the most bizarre optional minigame, which is basically a Sweatshop Manager with mechanics in the vein of Cookie Clicker or some other kind of idling game.This wasn't in Final Fantasy 5 Square, and it was my understand that the Bravely series is just FF5 with voice acting and Fairy companions. It's so bizarre and out-of-place, and honestly it was kinda really boring since there's extremely little interaction and the game hijacks your quest line in order to shove it into your face. I mean, sure, I dumped like 3 hours into it in order to max out my little Toy Sweatshop, and the game promised no compensation besides maybe a little money, so I did it just for the joy of watching numbers go up, but I still walked away going "What the F?"
Didn't Bravely Default have a similar minigame, rebuilding the main character's town?

I'm referring to something completely different here. It has the time management pseudo-game the first did that opens up an (honestly kinda gamebreaking) item shop that the first did, but it has a new one that just earns you money and is just your characters working in a sweatshop making toys, and it has no story or gameplay relevance whatsoever besides to make money. It's so odd.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101057 on: April 22, 2016, 04:50:54 pm »

Injured my arm this morning while cleaning up the mess left by the crew who closed the store last night. It's still a bit sore. Management completely ignored me when I mentioned it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101058 on: April 22, 2016, 05:05:48 pm »

Injured my arm this morning while cleaning up the mess left by the crew who closed the store last night. It's still a bit sore. Management completely ignored me when I mentioned it.

How injured? I recall the management at a warehouse my friend used to work at doing the same thing trying to be slimy so that they could claim he'd injured yourself off the job later. They'll screw you if they think they can get away with it.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101059 on: April 22, 2016, 05:07:03 pm »

Minor strain. I'm actually surprised it's been sore for so long. If it still hurts tomorrow, there will be some hell raised.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101060 on: April 22, 2016, 06:55:14 pm »

My phone provider or the manufacturer, I don't know which, keeps sending me ads for a TV Remote. Seriously. Even with the phone on mute, it overrides it to make an obnoxious bicycle ring every few minutes until I turn off the ad.

My provider is shit, but I'm stuck in a contract for another few months. Barely any reception anywhere I go, no voicemail, about 100 minutes of talking, and a whopping 100 MB data plan. This is the best plan they have to offer me, I've been told. And a steal, at only $60 a month.

Yay, Canadian oligarchy providers. Samsung Voice Recording bullshit keeps turning itself on and eating my memory with random clips, too.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101061 on: April 22, 2016, 06:57:40 pm »

Excuse me while I go bash Samsung Voice Recording over the head.

I KNEW I wasn't using that much more data!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #101062 on: April 22, 2016, 07:02:06 pm »

North American phone companies kinda bother me.

If you can afford to pay new customers several hundred dollars per line to buy out their contract with a competitor and offer them a coupla hundred dollars worth of credits, methinks you are overcharging your customers.

Christ, I could get by on a pay as you go phone in the UK for about 10 quid every few months! Though I did communicate solely through text... and I got a free cinema ticket every Wednesday.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101063 on: April 22, 2016, 07:07:55 pm »

WHY CAN'T YOU GET RID OF THAT THING?!

Sorry, that may be a bit ragey.

But seriously, I can't even turn this off?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 07:17:22 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101064 on: April 22, 2016, 07:41:20 pm »

So... you still remember Hatred?
Yanno that game where you ran around killing people?

Well the creators of that game made another game.

"The player takes the role of NATO’s stationary machine-gun operator, deployed to defend the shores of Europe. His task is to blast as many of the invaders as possible, until his glorious death."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9haLeGN9HPA

It's basically beachhead but with Muslims and better graphics.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #101065 on: April 22, 2016, 07:50:57 pm »

It kinda gets stale, people making games just for the sake of controversy.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #101066 on: April 22, 2016, 07:56:44 pm »

Sounds like you either need to find a way to disable it or root the thing so you can tear out the misbehaving app.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101067 on: April 22, 2016, 08:04:21 pm »

It kinda gets stale, people making games just for the sake of controversy.
Well at least the game at its core is good since it's basically beachhead 2000 with a series of upgrades so it's something you might want to play even if you aren't a crazed muslim hating conservative with aichmophobia.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101068 on: April 22, 2016, 08:14:18 pm »

There's nothing like that on my Windows phone.  :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #101069 on: April 22, 2016, 08:17:59 pm »

North American phone companies kinda bother me.

If you can afford to pay new customers several hundred dollars per line to buy out their contract with a competitor and offer them a coupla hundred dollars worth of credits, methinks you are overcharging your customers.

Christ, I could get by on a pay as you go phone in the UK for about 10 quid every few months! Though I did communicate solely through text... and I got a free cinema ticket every Wednesday.

You can get burners over here as well. Tracfone's $20 for a 3 mo/120 min card, which is more than enough for me.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 6736 6737 [6738] 6739 6740 ... 11040