Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6731 6732 [6733] 6734 6735 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14453684 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #100980 on: April 21, 2016, 06:54:13 am »

How can I remove some topics from my Unread Replies? I think TBF is going to drive me insane.
:o

Er...Sorry?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #100981 on: April 21, 2016, 06:56:26 am »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #100982 on: April 21, 2016, 07:08:41 am »

Windows 10 is vaguely creeping me out.

On account of the one I'm writing this on - running the bestdows - being well on its way to being kill, I've acquired a new laptop just now (rip savings, I hardly knew ye), with Microsoft's shiny new baby OS.

Before I even got to the desktop, the configuration process is throwing what I suspect were supposed to be big friendly notifications, which are eerily reminiscent of the story gimmick from Superhot to me instead.

And that's before one of those Big Friendly Notifications is, backtranslated to English, completely non-omnious 'It will all be over soon.', on the background of calm light blue. ...wait a second, WHY IS THE BACKGROUND PULSING?

Then it got more mundane, with Big Friendly Microsoft Windows asking friendlily like a Friend Computer it is to gib data plis. Autocompletion in browsers (oh, btw, you're sending it to us), browsing history something (btw, sending to us), localization data (make a wild guess)... that's just the accessibility settings.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

cottontailcake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100983 on: April 21, 2016, 07:12:03 am »

I found it! Something to get rid of unwanted threads from unread replies! It was Reelya who made it by the way.

bookmarks for later use, drives more people insane by updating WTF thread.Q

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #100985 on: April 21, 2016, 07:32:45 am »

And yet there are plenty of experiments that show that brain waves continue far longer after the "modern" method than with the exsanguination method. I have yet to see a single study with both procedures properly executed that show anything else.

How was this Johnson guy doing it wrong? Can you link the details of his methodology or whatever you're looking at?

As far as the "brain waves" thing, of course stunning will have some brain activity for longer. The claim is that after throat cutting, animals specifically show neurological signs of pain and consciousness for longer than after being stunned. To reinforce the link between stunning and stopping pain, in at least one of his studies the scientists stunned the animals 5 seconds after cutting their throats and the pain signals stopped instantly.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #100986 on: April 21, 2016, 08:53:53 am »

Whoa, pisskop, you a US citizen? Because in other places the conservatives are logical.

Well, no, I wont/cant.  This attack, for lack of any better  word (kneejerk?), is almost instinctive from you.  Im not even sure I said anything particularly anything, and in fact most of my recent posts were jokes and puns.

Where would you get the idea its okay to say something provocative without any sort of backup/reason?  Because this is a stab out of the dark.  Liberals who are college educated usually hold off on their backstabbing until they can at least justify it.  <<--- see what I did there?  I justified my insult, I have a reason for it, as pedantic or immuature as it might be.  Where was yours?

This is the problem with polarization.  You didnt seem to have any issues at all with me until I said I had right tendencies.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100987 on: April 21, 2016, 08:58:07 am »

Straw Staw straw your man
Fill it full of spite
They kick the dog and are morally lost
We are in the right
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #100988 on: April 21, 2016, 09:03:08 am »

UKIP FTW
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #100989 on: April 21, 2016, 09:05:50 am »

remove conservative REMOVE CONSERVATIVE

LIBERALISM STRONK

liberte fraternite etc OU LA MORT MOTHAFUCKAS
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100990 on: April 21, 2016, 09:07:07 am »

remove political REMOVE POLITICAL.

Geez guys, cool it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100991 on: April 21, 2016, 09:08:20 am »

[Ethic_Conservative:REMOVE]

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #100992 on: April 21, 2016, 09:10:18 am »

[ETHIC_LIBERAL:ALWAYS]
[ETHIC_FREEDOM:FREE]
[ETHIC_HAPPINESS:MANDATORY]
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #100993 on: April 21, 2016, 09:30:11 am »

Quote from: pisskop

This is the problem with polarization.  You didnt seem to have any issues at all with me until I said I had right tendencies.
Maybe he secretly hated you all along, waiting, ever patiently, gaining your confidence and trust, until ONE DAY...  BAM!

He uses you to make a legendary suit made of HUMAN SKIN
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 09:32:18 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100994 on: April 21, 2016, 09:32:03 am »

lol

But polarization in politics
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 6731 6732 [6733] 6734 6735 ... 11040