Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6718 6719 [6720] 6721 6722 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14461094 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #100785 on: April 18, 2016, 08:28:56 pm »

Its really funny.  I hear creationists say the same thing.

Much, much more interestingly though, is how intolerance of 'awful' things really throws the concept of morality into question.
This is getting needlessly philosophical.  Let's take a step back and accept that yes, sometimes one side is right and the other is wrong, and there's nothing (inherently) amoral about having an opinion on which is which.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #100786 on: April 18, 2016, 08:33:01 pm »

Okay, lets take a step back.

Why is it so infuruating that people on the interwebs are wrong?

Im asking why we need to waste our own time hunting down people with these beliefs.  Arent there some jerks who want to, idk, want to create real inequality within the world and have the means to do so?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100787 on: April 18, 2016, 08:34:58 pm »

Indeed not all creationists are stupid people.  They just analyzed the evidence they had throughout their lives and came to a different conclusion.   They got their evidence in different amounts and at different times in their development to come to that conclusion.  It's unlikely in my opinion, but still possible they are even right!

Who knows, maybe tomorrow god will come out of the sky, say that the reality tv show is over, it did indeed start 6000 years ago (or whatever that number was), the people of Luxembourg won, and we'll all go home with consolation prizes while Luxembourg gets a new car.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100788 on: April 18, 2016, 08:43:11 pm »

Yea, I'm intolerant of ignorance. One of the few things I'm intolerant of. Maybe not the best, aye, but out of all the intolerances, ignorance is one of the best least bad.
Oh boy, you brought out the I-word.
So... they're "ignorant" for not believing the same thing you do?
Sounds a lot like the people who claim disliking Islam is also "ignorant". Never mind that most of these people will happily rail against Christianity, much as you are now.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100789 on: April 18, 2016, 08:44:17 pm »

Im asking why we need to waste our own time hunting down people with these beliefs.  Arent there some jerks who want to, idk, want to create real inequality within the world and have the means to do so?
But the creationism thing is part of a bigger cultural battle, and thus worth fighting over. We should consider it an attack vector - a way to attack the ideological basis of those who do measurable harm out of misunderstood or fraudulent religiousness.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100790 on: April 18, 2016, 08:46:02 pm »

Ramen Noodles are God's holiest manifestation, affordable to those who seek enlightenment without recompense.  Nay, they invest in Knowledge, for to know knowledge is to know Ramen Noodle itself.  Thus are they made ready for what is to come.

To be fair, the microwave ramen noodle trays I got for christmas last year have been super useful.  Used them at least 30 times so far.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100791 on: April 18, 2016, 08:54:35 pm »

Its part of the weakening of organized religion in general over politics, afaik.
Its about how some countries willingly cast off religion, and some are less willing to.

but fair enough.  Though I would wonder why we arent focusing past those who preach it so vehemently, and to the audience at large.  A brick can take a lot of headbutts, and tolerance of their views isnt accepting them as true; its a case of showing a willingness to let people have their hope/belief/stubbornness/pride
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100792 on: April 18, 2016, 08:54:53 pm »

Ramen Noodles are God's holiest manifestation, affordable to those who seek enlightenment without recompense.  Nay, they invest in Knowledge, for to know knowledge is to know Ramen Noodle itself.  Thus are they made ready for what is to come.

To be fair, the microwave ramen noodle trays I got for christmas last year have been super useful.  Used them at least 30 times so far.
:\

Ramen's is something I enjoy on occassion, and agreat way to spice up a bag of fritos.
PKs DF Mod!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #100793 on: April 18, 2016, 09:00:40 pm »

So... they're "ignorant" for not believing the same thing you do?

wow that's a false equivalence

i don't believe that belgium exists because i've never met someone from there and all the stuff i've looked up online is unconvincing; if i were to say "well that's just what i believe", would that not be ignorance?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #100794 on: April 18, 2016, 09:07:25 pm »

wow that's a false equivalence

i don't believe that belgium exists because i've never met someone from there and all the stuff i've looked up online is unconvincing; if i were to say "well that's just what i believe", would that not be ignorance?
And that's also a false equivalence. If you decided to disbelieve in Belgium because the evidence was unconvincing, and many people around you agreed, citing a source that claimed otherwise?
I dunno, that doesn't look like ignorance, per se.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #100795 on: April 18, 2016, 09:08:40 pm »

Okay, yes, so it's more like flat earth than belgium disbelieving.

Or not believing in Finland

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #100796 on: April 18, 2016, 11:51:15 pm »

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #100797 on: April 19, 2016, 12:00:57 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100798 on: April 19, 2016, 01:56:19 am »

ME3 is where that all comes to a head though. It's good to keep Wrex around.
Which, I don't think is a spoiler.

Having a hard time keeping track of this religion argument. It's ok to have religion as long as it exists completely within the rules we've set upon the world? Maybe the big almighty just has a horrible perception of time. He's all like 'I created you in seven days' and everyone goes 'dude that was 60 million years' and he's like 'nah i mean like seven universe days. the timescale is different.'
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #100799 on: April 19, 2016, 02:00:32 am »

Or, y'know, it was supposed to be poetic.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 6718 6719 [6720] 6721 6722 ... 11040