Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6696 6697 [6698] 6699 6700 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14448655 times)

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #100455 on: April 13, 2016, 06:42:11 am »

i used a pen and paper
thincake

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100456 on: April 13, 2016, 06:56:36 am »

I used to draw things in Paint and come up with stories about what was going on, like filling in half the canvas with brown and then making little tunnels with the eraser and pretend it was moles digging out a home or something.

You know, I thought I was the only person who ever did crap like that. I'd pretend it was ants though, I think.

I did this too! For me, it was drawing little spaceship skirmishes and sci fi adventures in Paintbrush (MSPaint for Windows3.1, on my Grandpa's old IBM).

I did the same thing, but with GeoPaint on the C64. I remember having to erase my picture s when they reached the colossal size of a kilobyte.

add another one onto the pile, MSpaint on win95!

I've been using a neat, free program called GrafX2 which is very good when it comes to drawing pixelated images and animations. You can use layers and export as a GIF.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #100457 on: April 13, 2016, 07:55:30 am »

I go up to this guy for an assignment. He's a fellow high school student, but I don't know him. As my stupidly simple research assignment requires, I ask him "what's the scariest thing you've ever done?"

He replies "Ur mom kekekeke."

Seriously? I feel older than half the students there, and I'm a bloody freshman.
In '06 I was.. learning to read at the ripe old age of 4.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, 14-YEAR OLD JWOOD? I LEARNED TO READ. WHAT DID YOU DO THIS YEAR?!

These two posts, by the same poster, so close together, yet nobody thinks to respond with "ur mum".

Wit is dead.
Love, scriver~

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #100458 on: April 13, 2016, 07:57:44 am »

The other one was cute though.

Not scary zombie with a cephalopod hat.
I'm changing back to Goatbro when I get around to drawing him myself or when I'm tired of Lovecraft, whichever comes first.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100459 on: April 13, 2016, 08:05:56 am »

On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100460 on: April 13, 2016, 10:09:30 am »

For some reason I'm geting a Shin Megami Tensei vibe from that picture.   I'm guessing it is related to SMT in some way?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100461 on: April 13, 2016, 10:28:19 am »

People keep telling me "It's just a dog...." I knew that damn dog longer than a lot of my friends and he was loyal and nicer to me than a lot of people. Everybody's just like, "it's just a dog, get over it." He hasn't even been dead that long. I miss him and there's a big whole in my day where he was cause I used to do a lot of things with him and now that's just not gonna happen.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #100462 on: April 13, 2016, 10:36:44 am »

After a disasterous attempt to upgrade my RAM (not only does my mobo only support up to 4GB sticks, it is incompatible with almost every 4gb stick on the current market, as most have all the actual RAM modules on one side of the stick, and my mobo only supports sticks with modules on both sides), I decided that, since I've had this rig since '10 anyway, and my current case is just too damn small, I'd look into doing a motherboard/processor/case upgrade along with the RAM - more expensive, but probably a better long-term option than hunting down the one brand of memory that's still compatible, especially since I've upgraded the PSU, video card, and drives not that long ago and thus they'll last a while.

Why the FUCK would I want a hot-swap hard drive port in the top of my case, and why is every case that has the features I want covered in pointless LEDs?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100463 on: April 13, 2016, 10:38:41 am »

People keep telling me "It's just a dog...." I knew that damn dog longer than a lot of my friends and he was loyal and nicer to me than a lot of people. Everybody's just like, "it's just a dog, get over it." He hasn't even been dead that long. I miss him and there's a big whole in my day where he was cause I used to do a lot of things with him and now that's just not gonna happen.
What kind of person would say something like that? That's awful. :(
A good response would be, "Well, you're just a human- and a particularly bad one at that, to be saying such things," preferably followed by beating the tar out of them. I'm sorry to hear about your dog, and I'm sorry you have to put up with such terrible people. Hope you're doing okay.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #100464 on: April 13, 2016, 10:47:50 am »

After a disasterous attempt to upgrade my RAM (not only does my mobo only support up to 4GB sticks, it is incompatible with almost every 4gb stick on the current market, as most have all the actual RAM modules on one side of the stick, and my mobo only supports sticks with modules on both sides), I decided that, since I've had this rig since '10 anyway, and my current case is just too damn small, I'd look into doing a motherboard/processor/case upgrade along with the RAM - more expensive, but probably a better long-term option than hunting down the one brand of memory that's still compatible, especially since I've upgraded the PSU, video card, and drives not that long ago and thus they'll last a while.

Why the FUCK would I want a hot-swap hard drive port in the top of my case, and why is every case that has the features I want covered in pointless LEDs?
For some reason all the fancy cases have taken that phrase literally. You either get a low-features, likely cheap case, or an LED'd case full of features.

Although for the hot-swap hdd port question, maybe if you had a spare hard drive for backups that you didn't just leave plugged into the system?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100465 on: April 13, 2016, 11:26:58 am »

For some reason I'm geting a Shin Megami Tensei vibe from that picture.   I'm guessing it is related to SMT in some way?

Nop, its just some random anime thing. SMT's baphomet is less classy.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #100466 on: April 13, 2016, 11:30:17 am »

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100467 on: April 13, 2016, 11:31:00 am »

What kind of person would say something like that? That's awful. :(

Someone who has never actually cared about a dog, probably.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #100468 on: April 13, 2016, 12:48:26 pm »

For some reason all the fancy cases have taken that phrase literally. You either get a low-features, likely cheap case, or an LED'd case full of features
For what it's worth the LEDs literally add maybe add like five dollars max to what the total cost of the case is going to be (the parts themselves would literally total up to less than two dollars); and on top of that I've had yet to see an LEDed case that doesn't have an off switch/button for the LEDs, so you can always just buy one with LEDs and then turn them off (it's what I do with my computer most of the time).

And honestly I could use a hot swappable drive port for exactly what Akylon mentions; the ability to plug in a drive, backup the computer, and then take the drive out and put it physically somewhere else so that if someone steals my computer or it explodes or something I don't lose both the computer and the data.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #100469 on: April 13, 2016, 12:54:49 pm »

"It's just your grandpa, and you spent less time with him than I did with my dog."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 6696 6697 [6698] 6699 6700 ... 11040