Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6695 6696 [6697] 6698 6699 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14448478 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #100440 on: April 12, 2016, 08:31:33 pm »

I used to draw things in Paint and come up with stories about what was going on, like filling in half the canvas with brown and then making little tunnels with the eraser and pretend it was moles digging out a home or something.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #100441 on: April 12, 2016, 08:40:34 pm »

I once drew a pirate battle I was really proud of in Paint. And a "birthday party" that was just a bunch of pink, yellow and blue spraypaint.

I tried using the paint that comes with Win8 and it had antialiasing and brush patterns. I was so sad.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #100442 on: April 12, 2016, 09:29:47 pm »

When I was a youth, I would put on the Starfield screensaver and pretend I was in Star Trek or something for hours at a time, just using that as atmosphere. That was the best screensaver.
I tried using the paint that comes with Win8 and it had antialiasing and brush patterns. I was so sad.
I used that on a public computer once out of boredom. It was awful, when I open MS Paint I expect to make no-quality drawings with horribly clashing colors, dammit :v
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100443 on: April 12, 2016, 09:44:00 pm »

I used to draw things in Paint and come up with stories about what was going on, like filling in half the canvas with brown and then making little tunnels with the eraser and pretend it was moles digging out a home or something.

You know, I thought I was the only person who ever did crap like that. I'd pretend it was ants though, I think.
Call me Vari. It's easier to type.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100444 on: April 12, 2016, 10:02:50 pm »

You know, I thought I was the only person who ever did crap like that. I'd pretend it was ants though, I think.

I did this too! For me, it was drawing little spaceship skirmishes and sci fi adventures in Paintbrush (MSPaint for Windows3.1, on my Grandpa's old IBM). I tried to adapt them to silly little games in a widgit-based game engine called Click'nPlay too... still have my first "design documents" full of space ship parts on some yellowed lined paper somewhere. ><;

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #100445 on: April 12, 2016, 10:12:12 pm »

I copy-pasted Final Fantasy Vincent's head on Shiva's body figting against Space Satan.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #100446 on: April 12, 2016, 10:50:36 pm »

I copy-pasted Final Fantasy Vincent's head on Shiva's body figting against Space Satan.

What the shit did you do to your avatar? :o
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100447 on: April 12, 2016, 10:51:50 pm »

What the shit did you do to your avatar? :o
It's just a Squiddle hat!  Really, man, I don't know what you think is so bad about the Squiddles!
(for future reference:It's a more...Traditional eldritch zombie headsquid right now.)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #100448 on: April 12, 2016, 10:54:51 pm »

The other one was cute though.

Not scary zombie with a cephalopod hat.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100449 on: April 12, 2016, 10:55:49 pm »

Yes, that's Undertale for you.  I think it was.

Scary cephalopod hat zombie is not Undertale.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100450 on: April 12, 2016, 11:47:31 pm »

I did this too! For me, it was drawing little spaceship skirmishes and sci fi adventures in Paintbrush (MSPaint for Windows3.1, on my Grandpa's old IBM). I tried to adapt them to silly little games in a widgit-based game engine called Click'nPlay too... still have my first "design documents" full of space ship parts on some yellowed lined paper somewhere. ><;
Oh man, Klik 'n' Play was dope!
We actually had a school assignment to make games using it in High School (around grade 9 or 10, I believe), which in hindsight was pretty awesome. I never finished any of mine, though... the only one I remember was a mildly cool game where you piloted a bomber plane over a very lazily-drawn landscape dropping vaguely bomb-shaped objects on Nazis, haha.

I don't think I ever made a second level or anything, though. A shame.
Sometimes I wish I could get Klik 'n' Play to work on modern computers and play some of these things again. My friend made a rather hilarious sci-fi shoot 'em up/platformer, and I think we both still have the files saved somewhere.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100451 on: April 13, 2016, 12:26:12 am »

Sounds like you need DOSbox, yo.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #100452 on: April 13, 2016, 02:25:56 am »

I did this too! For me, it was drawing little spaceship skirmishes and sci fi adventures in Paintbrush (MSPaint for Windows3.1, on my Grandpa's old IBM).

I did the same thing, but with GeoPaint on the C64. I remember having to erase my picture s when they reached the colossal size of a kilobyte.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #100453 on: April 13, 2016, 02:47:08 am »

I did the same thing. MSpaint on windows 98 couldnt handle an image bigger than 2048x2048 before it started to slow down or crash.

I actually went about using individual pixels to represent people in my little games, to get more out of the image size. It all got very weird, sometimes.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #100454 on: April 13, 2016, 05:22:13 am »

I did this too! For me, it was drawing little spaceship skirmishes and sci fi adventures in Paintbrush (MSPaint for Windows3.1, on my Grandpa's old IBM).

I did the same thing, but with GeoPaint on the C64. I remember having to erase my picture s when they reached the colossal size of a kilobyte.

add another one onto the pile, MSpaint on win95!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 6695 6696 [6697] 6698 6699 ... 11040