Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6674 6675 [6676] 6677 6678 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14438466 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #100125 on: April 06, 2016, 12:35:40 am »

Kiwibank is a fairly major bank in New Zealand, owned by New Zealand Post. Now it's being sold to ACC and NZ Superannuation - two other state companies.
I, uh, what? State-owned business is being sold to another state-owned business? I'm confused as to what the goal is.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #100126 on: April 06, 2016, 12:39:17 am »

Kiwibank is a fairly major bank in New Zealand, owned by New Zealand Post. Now it's being sold to ACC and NZ Superannuation - two other state companies.
I, uh, what? State-owned business is being sold to another state-owned business? I'm confused as to what the goal is.

Some form of embezzlement probably.

Unless they're just moving good assets and dumping the toxic ones. Which is also probably not necessarily legal, but I don't like banks or politicians so...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100127 on: April 06, 2016, 01:09:18 am »

Because 'New Zealand Post' is a cash-sink so they're trying to strip off the float.
I have no idea what 'stripping off the float' is but it sounds technical.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

underkill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100128 on: April 06, 2016, 01:16:10 am »

i have found out that trying to have any sort of meaningful conversations with anyone over skype has proved to not only be ineffective but also absolutely ludicrous, and more often than not, actually does result in "wtf" being vocalized.
you call down the fire...

and i'll reap the whirlwind

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #100129 on: April 06, 2016, 01:19:06 am »

Because 'New Zealand Post' is a cash-sink so they're trying to strip off the float.
I have no idea what 'stripping off the float' is but it sounds technical.
Except NZ Post is actually doing really well, mostly because of Kiwibank. It's like throwing the burner off a balloon to stop it from falling.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100130 on: April 06, 2016, 01:32:36 am »

or like taking the jet engine off a skateboard and putting it on a plane.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #100131 on: April 06, 2016, 02:17:25 am »

I just got the same unicode character twice (褘) from random mashing on the numpad in 3 tries.

lemme try again

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100132 on: April 06, 2016, 05:26:23 am »

Just one thing after another this morning. As soon as I get up, I grab my box of cereal. The top pops open, knocking it from my hands, and spilling much of it onto my bedroom floor(I keep it here to keep people from stealing it). It's a bitch to clean and this cereal isn't the cheap brand. To save time from that, I don't heat up my coffee all the way and drink it cold. Then I spend most of the hour I have before I have to get ready for work looking for a video converter for my 3DS since AnyVideoConverter no longer works for some reason. Most links were dead or deleted or shoddy, and the one I did try didn't work and the attempt nearly exploded my hard drive. Then I have to run to the bathroom in a manner that implies an emergency. Then, I somehow manage to get the cords for my headphones, 3DS's headphones, and 3DS's power cable(which is plugged into my PC's USB port) tangled.

WTF is happening to me? This all happened within the space of an hour.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100134 on: April 06, 2016, 04:36:09 pm »

I am wondering...

Is it physically possible to live or speak naturally without "cultural appropriation"?

As in you cannot use, listen, speak, or eat anything that doesn't come from your country of origin.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 04:39:33 pm by Neonivek »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100135 on: April 06, 2016, 04:39:44 pm »

Be born and live in an isolated pre-contact village
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100136 on: April 06, 2016, 04:40:30 pm »

Adding to the previous post: My jacket no longer zips up and it's 20°F outside. My mother drove like a maniac, causing my head to hit the door more than once. Had to deal with an inordinate amount of bullshit during my morning task. During first break the woman sitting behind me(who is selective about understanding English) kept elbowing me in the back. Break was also cut short be management for no reason. Can't remember most of the rest of the day, but at the end I had to deal with a new employee who ignored the instructions I gave him, causing problems on what I was doing. Bought a "new" jacket(it's a thrift store after all), looks ugly and is thinner than the jacket it's replacing, but there wasn't many choices.

I am wondering...

Is it physically possible to live or speak naturally without "cultural appropriation"?

As in you cannot use, listen, speak, or eat anything that doesn't come from your country of origin.
Probably not? Especially if you're American.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100137 on: April 06, 2016, 04:42:54 pm »

I am wondering...

Probably not? Especially if you're American.

Even if you aren't, you probably consume the shit out of American media, food, and other such things but people don't seem to see this as cultural appropriation, for reasons I don't fully understand. It's not a very useful concept in the first place, tbh. It's one thing to complain about some specific thing being bastardized, but to take adaptation as a negative in and of itself doesn't make much sense to me.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100138 on: April 06, 2016, 04:53:50 pm »

weeaboos are an example of the bad kind
Black lives matter.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile