Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6663 6664 [6665] 6666 6667 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14450004 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #99960 on: April 04, 2016, 12:57:09 am »

Don't be silly, a tall can of beer costs $3.50 there. Under four dollars! At a bar! Even after taking exchange rates into account, that's about half of what it costs here. Other kinds of booze are cheap as well, and I have no idea how insanely cheap it would be from a liquor store.
American beer is basically water though

But cricket sucks, yes. Baseball is kinda lame too.

Treason is, in my mind, a justifiable crime.
I agree. Loyalty is a good thing, but being loyal to evil is also evil.

Isn't that sacrilege, an Aussie not liking cricket?
Cricket is sacrelige
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #99961 on: April 04, 2016, 01:01:24 am »

hello everyone. i have a classic nes song for you.
i apologize in advance
snowman from mother

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99962 on: April 04, 2016, 01:03:02 am »

Isn't that sacrilege, an Aussie not liking cricket?
See, this just loops back around to the absurdity of patriotism.
Just because I was born on this godawful lump of rock doesn't mean I'm willing to put my life on the line for a bunch of brainless cricket/rugby-obsessed bogans. If anyone bothers to invade this hellhole they can have it*. And all the awful goddamn cicadas. :P

*Apart from the fact that, obviously, any invading force would most likely pose a threat to myself, in which case I wouldn't really have much choice but to fight alongside my disgusting countrymen.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #99963 on: April 04, 2016, 01:34:02 am »

Honour is a personal thing. If you are more okay with genocide than treason, then go with complete loyalty. If you choose to be okay with yourself then betray your leaders, which you didin't swear fealty to (unlike certain Germans), you don't have to betray your country, but you can do it too, as long as it doesn't bother you.
Dissidents are traitors, mostly, but critics are technically patriots, as they, in the end, want better country (or at least should).
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #99964 on: April 04, 2016, 01:47:56 am »

Patriotism is a bit pointless. Doesn't matter where you're from man, we're all human beans.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #99965 on: April 04, 2016, 01:49:55 am »

Patriotism is a bit pointless. Doesn't matter where you're from man, we're all human beans.
As long as there is no Imperium of Man, I'll stick with Poland.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99966 on: April 04, 2016, 01:56:12 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAlmxw9cam8
Booze is Life for Yoink

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99967 on: April 04, 2016, 01:59:01 am »

Honour is a personal thing. If you are more okay with genocide than treason, then go with complete loyalty.
If a person is more okay with fucking genocide than treason, they're a disgustingly immoral person.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #99968 on: April 04, 2016, 02:08:54 am »

Their problem.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #99969 on: April 04, 2016, 02:22:56 am »

Apparently, with my schedule, I have gym at 7:00-8:00 AM Mon/Wed/Friday, JiuJitsu classes at 6:30 PM Mon/Wednesday, SES training Tuesday and Piano lessons thursday and based on the way things are looking, I might be starting to minimise my sugar intake.
All this maturity bullshit has kinda snuck up on me.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99970 on: April 04, 2016, 02:24:59 am »

I don't really understand patriotism.
What if the decent thing to do is to be a dishonourable traitor? I could pull a Godwin and mention a certain bunch of German officers who swore loyalty to Hitler (not to Germany) and chose honour before not-being-complicit-in-genocide.

Treason is, in my mind, a justifiable crime.
That's the thing which gets sorted out in the court martial. Was the officer giving an immoral order, and you broke and deserted rather than fulfil that order?
If so, you'll probably be all sweet.

Which is why somehow
However, those who don't want to "swear in front of the all-powerful, all-knowing God" can swap the first words of the oath to "warrant through my honour and conscience." This makes me WTF, as that second one isn't at all an unbreakable vow: warranting means accepting the consequences of breaking the promise, one can afford to lose their honour, and conscience might be the actual force driving one to break the warrant.
that oath seems rather meaningful to me. Maybe I'm just too big on honor and conscience, but I feel that if I am given an order by my country which I know will destroy my honor and conscience, (or, sure, means I'll get sent to hell by Mr. All-Knowing), then I'm free to tell my country to bite it, because that was the oath I swore.

(Of course the status quo for most countries I know are 'If you get an unconscionable order, obey- then bring it up to a superior officer once there's no bullets flying at you.)
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99971 on: April 04, 2016, 02:27:23 am »

Basically, if you wanna complain about something America does, there are other options.
LITERALLY EVERYTHING
Don't be silly, a tall can of beer costs $3.50 there. Under four dollars! At a bar! Even after taking exchange rates into account, that's about half of what it costs here. Other kinds of booze are cheap as well, and I have no idea how insanely cheap it would be from a liquor store.
A can of beer at a bar? Why even go out if you're getting canned beer? -_-

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99972 on: April 04, 2016, 02:28:36 am »

students are exempt i think and i assume non citizens are too. but aren't women going to be eligible? anyway instituting the draft would be political suicide for the president and their entire party and they know it so chances are unless WW3 breaks out it wont happen.
Flinging untrained peasants at the enemy doesn't work, we've gone past that now
Remember kids, at the battle of Thermopylae... The Peasants Won.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99973 on: April 04, 2016, 03:47:41 am »

Somebody won at Thermmopylae?

Naah. Love of one's own and all that jazz. Nationalism is what's pointless.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99974 on: April 04, 2016, 03:48:30 am »

Basically, if you wanna complain about something America does, there are other options.
LITERALLY EVERYTHING
A can of beer at a bar? Why even go out if you're getting canned beer? -_-
Um, I don't get it... you don't like cans? ???
I like glasses, cans and bottles, they all have their own pros and cons. I'm not sure if the bar in question had beer taps, anyway.
With a can, you can take it up the front to watch the bands and not have to worry about it breaking if someone slams into you, and it won't spill as much as a plastic cup. Also you can shotgun them, or crush them against your forehead to prove your sheer badassery (if you have any to prove, which I do not). On top of that, many people claim beer tastes better from a can.

Staying home because you don't want to drink beer from a can seems bizarre to me.

Youtube apparently thinks I'd like to see a video of south koreans trying to shotgun a can of beer.
Link?
I hadn't actually watched it until you asked for a link. It's actually pretty funny.
Ooh, goody! Gonna watch this now.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 6663 6664 [6665] 6666 6667 ... 11040