Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6640 6641 [6642] 6643 6644 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14454762 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #99615 on: March 31, 2016, 06:56:32 pm »

Oh no my demographic has a slightly higer than negligible risk of being assualted clearly that means everyone hates me and is out to get me

Can we stop with the paranoid fearmongering?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99616 on: March 31, 2016, 07:00:49 pm »

I'm a white neurotypical(outside of depression, I 'spose) dude, buckaroo. Not talking about my own demographic. :P
It's far from paranoid tho. Annnnnd far from negligible.

EDIT: And you'll note that two of those stories I linked in my previous post involved police as the people assaulting the victim. Imagine not even being able to trust the police to defend you. And of course, I hardly need to point out that that also applies to black folks, considering recent news.

So maybe don't try and downplay shit like this. It's uh, literally a matter of life and death, bud.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 07:07:23 pm by SomeStupidGuy »
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99617 on: March 31, 2016, 07:11:04 pm »

"those silly blacks thinking they need a place to be safe, haha jim crow is over guys!"

"i know right? it just makes me want to take a rotary cannon and kill every single one of those sjws, how dare they not feel safe?"

... jesus christ this forum sometimes.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99618 on: March 31, 2016, 07:27:36 pm »

"those silly blacks thinking they need a place to be safe, haha jim crow is over guys!"
what do you mean the statistics say most crime against blacks is done by blacks, it's obviously the kkk
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #99619 on: March 31, 2016, 07:30:30 pm »

Im a little more interested in why they dont ask for a clubroom for a 'african culture club' or any manner of things.

A space that officially encourages only one race is ridiculous, and its great to see descan's outrage only extends one way
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99620 on: March 31, 2016, 07:35:59 pm »

yes.

the one way of "i don't like people advocating killing people because of their beliefs"

string me up and tar and feather me people, i'm a radical
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99621 on: March 31, 2016, 07:38:06 pm »

Im a little more interested in why they dont ask for a clubroom for a 'african culture club' or any manner of things.

A space that officially encourages only one race is ridiculous, and its great to see descan's outrage only extends one way

...I mean, I agree with Descan here. You wouldn't deny the LGBT-etcetera community an LGBT-etcetera-only space would you? It's just a place that they can get away from the mainstream racist bullshit and still have a place to hang out or study.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99622 on: March 31, 2016, 07:40:08 pm »

All these strawmen are making the thread here a tad flammable, so perhaps we could tone it down?
Or take it to a different thread?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99623 on: March 31, 2016, 07:41:13 pm »

well y'know
when whites get enslaved for decades and then - even after having ostensibly been freed - have to live under fear of police deciding they're too uppity, you might have a leg to stand on, bud
maybe, in theory.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99624 on: March 31, 2016, 07:42:39 pm »

That sheepish feeling when a few people got slightly invested in one of my posts so I've gotta reply but it was 8 hrs and 100 posts ago.

Item 1: Housemate has food poisoning, is throwing up... in our kitchen sink.
Item 2: Other housemate left plates in said sink.
Work out most tactful way to determine that item 2's housemate shall be doing the washing up of said plates.
So yeah, cookie chucker said that he was gonna clean the sink after I spent a few moments politely standing in silent horror.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99625 on: March 31, 2016, 07:58:38 pm »

...I mean, I agree with Descan here. You wouldn't deny the LGBT-etcetera community an LGBT-etcetera-only space would you? It's just a place that they can get away from the mainstream racist bullshit and still have a place to hang out or study.
Wouldn't that just be a club of the kind pisskop suggested? What's worrying about the ideas behind demands like this is that they focus on exclusion instead of focusing on community. It's not about getting black folks together to discuss issues like racism and just generally hang around with people who share some core experiences with you - it's about keeping out the white folks. That's disturbing, and not at all justifiable by some sort of safe space argument: Three white dudes mixed in with a hundred black folks are hardly gonna make a difference, even if they're the biggest racists since the Civil War.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #99626 on: March 31, 2016, 08:05:47 pm »

Well, the racism isn't going to spread out, those racists are going to focus on specific members and those specific members are going to get the full brunt of those racist people, it's like bullying in school, they're gonna hone in on a few select people.
Perhaps it's just the idea that it's keeping out white people is the point, I mean, it isn't really the point, the point is keeping out racist people and it's just a case of coinkidinkery that the majority of those people are white.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99627 on: March 31, 2016, 08:07:19 pm »

Wouldn't that just be a club of the kind pisskop suggested? What's worrying about the ideas behind demands like this is that they focus on exclusion instead of focusing on community. It's not about getting black folks together to discuss issues like racism and just generally hang around with people who share some core experiences with you - it's about keeping out the white folks. That's disturbing, and not at all justifiable by some sort of safe space argument: Three white dudes mixed in with a hundred black folks are hardly gonna make a difference, even if they're the biggest racists since the Civil War.
totally wouldn't make a difference. not like racists are often heavily armed in the US or anything.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99628 on: March 31, 2016, 08:07:43 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I was eating supper when that ad croped up.

I get that people are trying to invent original ads to make me click on them out of curiosity but what the hell is this?

This guy probably understands me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZ27PfZWHo
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99629 on: March 31, 2016, 08:09:45 pm »

totally wouldn't make a difference. not like racists are often heavily armed in the US or anything.
Have you considered that people would be more inclined to engage you in conversation if you didn't act so condescending and snarky?
And you're arguing that there should be special spaces for minorities for... whatever reason? That doesn't make sense and isn't going to solve anything?
Pages: 1 ... 6640 6641 [6642] 6643 6644 ... 11040