Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6630 6631 [6632] 6633 6634 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14463322 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #99465 on: March 29, 2016, 10:12:47 pm »

Exactly. He punched reality itself, and summoned forth the appropriate XKCD strip.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99466 on: March 29, 2016, 10:12:59 pm »

I know, but I can't quite believe I beat the threshold.

Do it quick enough and no-one will notice. Not even these forums.
Also, I noticed.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #99467 on: March 29, 2016, 10:15:00 pm »

I could edit that fast. If my internet didn't take 30 seconds to load the page.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99469 on: March 29, 2016, 10:50:24 pm »

Totally makes sense. Your sense of taste/smell is just a Chemical ID system when you get down to it. That and appetite help your body find them calories and vital organic chemicals, yo.

Still, I wonder if they base these flavors off of the accounts of people having been dosed with the poison sometimes too, or with sub-lethal doses?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99470 on: March 29, 2016, 11:02:01 pm »

Totally makes sense. Your sense of taste/smell is just a Chemical ID system when you get down to it. That and appetite help your body find them calories and vital organic chemicals, yo.

Still, I wonder if they base these flavors off of the accounts of people having been dosed with the poison sometimes too, or with sub-lethal doses?

I'm fairly certain taste used to be standard observation people made in laboratories, so yeah that's probably what happened. As I recall this often led to serious health issues, so it fell by the wayside when it wasn't so easy for them to make lab techs/grad students do dangerous things to see what will happen and people got a little more serious about safety in general. You can also kinda guess what something will taste like based on its smell, there's probably some of that going on as well.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99471 on: March 30, 2016, 12:05:04 am »

A moment of silence for those poor lab assistants who were told by their boss to drink mercury and taste lead-sulfates. I'm really glad I'm alive in an era when we know a little better, at least.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99472 on: March 30, 2016, 01:21:10 am »

Dang 24 hours of work and I finished essentially ONE class... and that class only has 10 levels.

I'll need to learn how to be more efficient with my time.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99473 on: March 30, 2016, 04:22:22 am »

A moment of silence for those poor lab assistants who were told by their boss to drink mercury and taste lead-sulfates. I'm really glad I'm alive in an era when we know a little better, at least.

If urban legends are to be believed, that is how saccharine was "discovered". A chem lab was working on a pesticide or some such, and a senior chemist asked an underling to "taste" the substance in error, instead of "test". Said underling chowed down on it, and noticed it was sugary. Suddenly, diet soda everywhere.
This is a blank sig.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #99474 on: March 30, 2016, 05:10:54 am »

Somewhere in the multiverse, there's a universe where people accidentally put strychnine in diet soda.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #99475 on: March 30, 2016, 06:04:32 am »

anamanaguchi released a new album

except its actually a video game?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #99476 on: March 30, 2016, 06:32:47 am »

Somewhere in the multiverse, there's a universe where people accidentally put strychnine in diet soda.
"Try the new Diet Coke! A taste to die for, yet it'll drop you...of all that dead weight! You'll never drink anything else again!"
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 06:34:31 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O I
« Reply #99477 on: March 30, 2016, 07:32:44 am »

If urban legends are to be believed, that is how saccharine was "discovered". A chem lab was working on a pesticide or some such, and a senior chemist asked an underling to "taste" the substance in error, instead of "test". Said underling chowed down on it, and noticed it was sugary. Suddenly, diet soda everywhere.

While both saccharine and aspartame were discovered accidentally, in neither case was a testing mistake involved, and neither was under development as a poison. The "poison turned into diet soda" idea came from one of those "these gullible idiots will believe anything" fake news sites.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99478 on: March 30, 2016, 09:10:39 am »

Poland can into rock bottom stupid:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/first-vaginal-beer-bottled-instinct#/

The amount pledged so far restores some hope in humanity.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99479 on: March 30, 2016, 10:01:21 am »

Poland can into rock bottom stupid:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/first-vaginal-beer-bottled-instinct#/

The amount pledged so far restores some hope in humanity.
Stop the planet, please, this appears to be my stop, I gotta leave.

Also dear God, the description made me cringe so hard I almost turned inside-out.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”
Pages: 1 ... 6630 6631 [6632] 6633 6634 ... 11040