Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6620 6621 [6622] 6623 6624 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14469145 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #99315 on: March 27, 2016, 12:41:07 pm »

the only lesson I can consciously remember was that you're supposed to eat a hamburger with a fork and knife.
Obligatory comeback whenever anyone is told that: "Oh? I thought I'm supposed to eat it with my mouth."
Heh, that's good.
This reminds me about these guys who are really weird about hot dog etiquette.  Like they're very carefully slumming it, and still need a bunch of hard rules?  Like, you're only allowed 5 bites, unless it's a footlong.  In which case "seven bites are acceptable."
http://www.hot-dog.org/culture/hot-dog-etiquette
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99316 on: March 27, 2016, 12:45:36 pm »

the only lesson I can consciously remember was that you're supposed to eat a hamburger with a fork and knife.
Obligatory comeback whenever anyone is told that: "Oh? I thought I'm supposed to eat it with my mouth."

Donald Trump eats pizza with a fork, and John Stewart lambasted him over it. Of course, so do I. How you gonna computer while you eat if you eat it with your hands? :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #99317 on: March 27, 2016, 12:47:38 pm »

Fold it up and eat it like a taco, that's how.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #99318 on: March 27, 2016, 12:47:54 pm »

This reminds me about these guys who are really weird about hot dog etiquette.  Like they're very carefully slumming it, and still need a bunch of hard rules?  Like, you're only allowed 5 bites, unless it's a footlong.  In which case "seven bites are acceptable."
http://www.hot-dog.org/culture/hot-dog-etiquette
TIL the proper way to eat a hotdog is to deepthroat it with every bite.

Seriously, a footlong in seven bites? Unless the hotdog is much thinner than what I'm used to, I'd probably choke if I tried that.

Donald Trump eats pizza with a fork, and John Stewart lambasted him over it. Of course, so do I. How you gonna computer while you eat if you eat it with your hands? :P
It's probably a good idea not to touch food with hands that have touched a keyboard recently. Keyboards are pretty disgusting.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 12:51:53 pm by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99319 on: March 27, 2016, 12:53:32 pm »

especially if you ever touched food and then touched that keyboard
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #99320 on: March 27, 2016, 01:52:17 pm »

Some people are sadly uncultured enough to have never had proper pizza, so they don't even know that that's possible.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #99321 on: March 27, 2016, 02:51:53 pm »

Some people are sadly uncultured enough to have never had proper pizza, so they don't even know that that's possible.
but fd, if you fold a slice of pizza all the sauce on top will run off
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #99322 on: March 27, 2016, 03:12:40 pm »

i am probably like 100% terrible at cooking. cant even make a proper fried egg :v (that is, one that doesnt look like a scrambled egg, theyre edible alright)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #99323 on: March 27, 2016, 03:31:35 pm »

My high school had 3 seperate points where they cancelled a class after I signed up for it.  All IT classes. Twice in one year and again in the next.  One of the worst bits is because they cancelled 2 elective slots I had to go to summer school to make up the credits.

My mom went to a PTA meeting to bring it up and was told something along the lines of "Computers are a phase and we do not think students need more than basic usage skills"  I was pulled from that high school pretty much immediately after and I finished my high school degree at the local college in half the time.   Instead, just like others, They were spending all their money on the football field.  At least the Mainland Bucs are actually a known high school football team I guess.
Is that pta meeting run by the same people who think cord-cutting is a fad and tv is going to exist at ever-higher prices? Because that is some impressively bad thinking.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #99324 on: March 27, 2016, 03:38:05 pm »

3:37 PM, March 27th, 2016: I finally notice today is easter.

E: 3:38 PM March 27th, 2016: I notice the forum's clock appears to be at least six seconds faster than my computer's.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99325 on: March 27, 2016, 04:43:22 pm »

Speaking of dumbasshole parental figures, my stepdad cleared everything out of most of the cabinets, including the tiny 0.5'x1'x3' corner box that was pretty much just for stuff that I buy. Ostensibly, to deal with the ants that were encroaching on the cabinets. I come home to find that he's crammed it mostly with variably-sized cans of tomato sauce.

And at some point between posting this and now, my stepdad seems to have thrown out the seaweed I use for making my onigiri. Which is not particularly cheap, by the way. It was also stored in the above cabinet.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99326 on: March 27, 2016, 05:03:02 pm »

(computers=fad)
I just realized that it may not be obvious but this was back in late 2000 early 2001. (I only remember because Sep 11 happened during a final exam, and the exam got cancelled, and It only took me a year to finish my credits after I left that school.) May be slightly more forgivable.   But still wrong.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 05:05:41 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99327 on: March 27, 2016, 05:07:22 pm »

Ha, maybe in 1980 or 85 you could have argued that personal computers were just going to be a fad. Not so much in 2000.

(of course now everyone uses mobile phones and tablets and some people haven't ever touched a real keyboard)

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99328 on: March 27, 2016, 05:10:11 pm »

Even if personal computers had been a fad, workstations were well ingrained in the office by those times, so you couldn't say that computers as a whole were going to be just a fad. At least, not without making it look like you'd been dropped on your head multiple times as an infant.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #99329 on: March 27, 2016, 05:10:47 pm »

In 2000 you could maybe argue internet jobs would be a fad, but not computers.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 6620 6621 [6622] 6623 6624 ... 11037