Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6607 6608 [6609] 6610 6611 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14452357 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #99120 on: March 24, 2016, 02:02:44 pm »

Had to listen to a constant stream of the DUMBEST stuff I ever heard in my life.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #99121 on: March 24, 2016, 02:28:02 pm »

The warped glass in a window of the train gave a very flattering reflection, which led to me spending about twenty minutes admiring it as I waited to board. I mean, I usually spend an unhealthy amount of time looking at my reflection, but this time it was actually a pleasant sight. :P
If only my face actually looked like that.
I imagined that with "yesterday" as background music
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #99122 on: March 24, 2016, 02:34:31 pm »

Looking at Github, the homepage proclaims you can "Learn to use Git and Github without knowing how to code!"

...... what are you going to use Github for if you can't code and don't intend to learn how?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #99123 on: March 24, 2016, 02:37:58 pm »

Document storage. I had a math professor, once, who distributed homeworks through Github.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99124 on: March 24, 2016, 03:34:34 pm »

Looking at Github, the homepage proclaims you can "Learn to use Git and Github without knowing how to code!"

...... what are you going to use Github for if you can't code and don't intend to learn how?

Really? I failed at learning how to github a year or two ago, and I know how to code, used to use sourceforge, have no problem with svn, etc.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99125 on: March 24, 2016, 03:40:00 pm »

I'm sure linux power users will hate me for this but, Git is arcane compared to SVN.  It's just unusable without a long period of study, whereas SVN is simple enough to explain to anyone in a sitting.

And explaining all the vaunted automated merge-features that the Git paradigm unlock?  Good fucking luck!  It's good if you're a master of the system, but for normal users it's a headache and a half.

Automated merging of branches is inherently dangerous anyway, though it does seem to work out.  I just bristle when people claim that it's at all intuitive.  It makes things really complicated for basic contributors.  Even once we've learned the process, it's several steps longer than SVN.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99126 on: March 24, 2016, 03:56:49 pm »

First day of spring break. Need to travel three hours home. Got a foot of snow and high winds. Oh come on.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99127 on: March 24, 2016, 04:01:42 pm »

Worf voice:  "This is a good place to die!"
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #99128 on: March 24, 2016, 04:02:25 pm »

First day of spring break. Need to travel three hours home. Got a foot of snow and high winds. Oh come on.
Thats purdy
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99129 on: March 24, 2016, 04:06:00 pm »

I'm sure linux power users will hate me for this but, Git is arcane compared to SVN.  It's just unusable without a long period of study, whereas SVN is simple enough to explain to anyone in a sitting.

And explaining all the vaunted automated merge-features that the Git paradigm unlock?  Good fucking luck!  It's good if you're a master of the system, but for normal users it's a headache and a half.

Automated merging of branches is inherently dangerous anyway, though it does seem to work out.  I just bristle when people claim that it's at all intuitive.  It makes things really complicated for basic contributors.  Even once we've learned the process, it's several steps longer than SVN.
The basics of Git are exactly as simple as the basics of SVN, except for the part where you have a local repository you synchronize with a remote repository, instead of moving changes directly onto the remote repository.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99130 on: March 24, 2016, 04:09:24 pm »

Exactly.  Compared to SVN, there are two extra repositories.

They aren't superfluous!  There are benefits to having them, in certain cases.  But, it's confusing and convoluted when all you want to do is update the master.

Then again, half of that process is just putting the onus of the pull request on the contributor rather than the master administrators.  It makes sense.  It's just a pain.
She/they

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99131 on: March 24, 2016, 04:43:36 pm »

Sorry for doublepost but...

Someone I care about cares a lot for miniatures.  Particularly Transformers ones.  I just called them models and "It's not a model, it's a toy"
???

Anyway I have trouble understanding his need for more plastic figurines.  I keep buying interesting games, but only because I can afford too, and I spent so many years living off a few floppies, then demo CDs, then freeware and java/flash games.

I don't understand what would compel someone to spend over a hundred dollars on a moderately interesting plastic toy
But then, I didn't understand that old fling's obsession with comic books either.  I understand why she loved the new Batman movies, but comics in general?  Different strokes, I suppose.
She/they

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99132 on: March 24, 2016, 05:02:53 pm »

You're in the UP, aren't you? I hear they're getting hammered with snow.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99133 on: March 24, 2016, 05:17:04 pm »

Stepdad bought sesame chicken for dinner. Probably due to the fact that chickens are fungaloids. Either that, or the stuff is made solely out of chicken hearts and livers(which in hindsight could technically be possible knowing the take-out place).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #99134 on: March 24, 2016, 05:17:44 pm »

Sorry for doublepost but...

Someone I care about cares a lot for miniatures.  Particularly Transformers ones.  I just called them models and "It's not a model, it's a toy"
???

Anyway I have trouble understanding his need for more plastic figurines.  I keep buying interesting games, but only because I can afford too, and I spent so many years living off a few floppies, then demo CDs, then freeware and java/flash games.

I don't understand what would compel someone to spend over a hundred dollars on a moderately interesting plastic toy
But then, I didn't understand that old fling's obsession with comic books either.  I understand why she loved the new Batman movies, but comics in general?  Different strokes, I suppose.

I like minis because they're like action figures, but you can customize them. And the ones on the websites look really cool, and they have decorations and they're painted really well and have custom bits, and they're really tiny so you can have a lot on display at once.

I mean, not that I can afford to buy miniatures. $8 for six Space Marines, after literal days of shopping around on Chinese websites, is not the best deal ever.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 6607 6608 [6609] 6610 6611 ... 11040