Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6600 6601 [6602] 6603 6604 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14460738 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #99015 on: March 22, 2016, 09:20:12 pm »

I like how me whining about gun control turned into a massive discussion about demographics and road maintenance.
Roads are the real guns.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99016 on: March 22, 2016, 09:27:10 pm »

because the obvious solution to school shootings is to give all the students guns. nothing could ever go wrong i see nothing possibly wrong with this plan...sssssssssaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrccccccccccccaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!
I mean, less people would die if the other kids kill the kid who pulled a gun.
I'd like to see you try shooting someone who pulled a gun without also pulling a gun yourself.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #99017 on: March 22, 2016, 09:28:54 pm »

because the obvious solution to school shootings is to give all the students guns. nothing could ever go wrong i see nothing possibly wrong with this plan...sssssssssaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrccccccccccccaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!
I mean, less people would die if the other kids kill the kid who pulled a gun.
I'd like to see you try shooting someone who pulled a gun without also pulling a gun yourself.
You just get a bit of a flustercluck chain reaction of kids pulling guns and shooting each other for kids pulling guns and shooting each other.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #99018 on: March 22, 2016, 09:33:39 pm »

@Cinder IKR that's what I was sayin
Also I tried to point out that the so-called "gun show" loophole is way more of a problem than properly vetted gun owners.

To break it down, the "gun show loophole" is a section of the legislation intended to reduce the burden on individual to individual sales, like selling a no-longer-wanted gun to your brother or buying you father a gun for Christmas. The same restrictions on ownership apply, and if the courts later determine that you knew they were not permitted to own a gun then you're liable to the same penalties that a gun shop would be if they sold without a background check, but the writers assumed that such transfers would be taking place on an occasional basis between people who've known each other for years and thus would know that Bob is a licensed blackjack dealer or that Carol is a contractor that regularly performs maintenance on nuclear power plants (both of which professions require an extensive background check), or that the last time Dave had anything to do with the law was jury duty, and thus they have no legal bar to ownership. Where it goes wrong is that setting up a booth at a gun show doesn't require a federal firearms dealer license, and it's often a "well, I just sell magazines, but if you want to buy something from my personal collection, why the hell not" cover. The easy solution is to simply put a blanket ban on private party transfers in a commercial establishment, and thus require all gun show sales to be conducted through a local dealer the same way internet sales are.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99019 on: March 22, 2016, 09:35:02 pm »

But mah rights..! /nonsense
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99020 on: March 22, 2016, 09:35:45 pm »

Huh. I thought us 'murricans were only allowed to purchase rifles at 18, and handguns at 21.

...Anyway, I'd vote immediately for any politician whom promised state-wide (cities only, of course) free wifi.

And I would gladly be taxed for it, so long connection speeds were good.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99021 on: March 22, 2016, 09:41:28 pm »

In other WTF news, it's s'posed to snow between 4-12 inches over the course of tomorrow afternoon into Thursday.

What's wrong with this country? It's Spring now.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #99022 on: March 22, 2016, 09:42:31 pm »

Spoiler: "Performance art WTF" (click to show/hide)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99023 on: March 22, 2016, 09:45:50 pm »

Wuh? Why did the Ameripol thread just get locked? We went past the offtopic bit and nobody was making trouble.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #99024 on: March 22, 2016, 09:46:40 pm »

Ameripol thread just got locked....and it was actually pretty chillaxed in there.  ???

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99025 on: March 22, 2016, 09:46:52 pm »

*shrug?*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99026 on: March 22, 2016, 09:47:38 pm »

Yeah, I'm wondering what that's about myself.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #99027 on: March 22, 2016, 09:50:26 pm »

And FJ's offline, so I'm thinking it had to have been the Almighty Toad who locked it.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #99028 on: March 22, 2016, 09:52:42 pm »

And FJ's offline, so I'm thinking it had to have been the Almighty Toad who locked it.
Where is FootJob when we need him.

... probably asleep for a bit longer, if I'm remembering geography.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #99029 on: March 22, 2016, 09:53:35 pm »

And now the last three pages or so have been wiped out of it.
EDIT: Maybe someone took the joke about the new guy being a mainiac sockpuppet seriously and reported it?  ???

Pages: 1 ... 6600 6601 [6602] 6603 6604 ... 11040