Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6585 6586 [6587] 6588 6589 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14449622 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #98790 on: March 19, 2016, 07:08:36 pm »

ADMIN HE DOING IT SIDEWAYS

For reference - SPEED DEMON
OUT IVY

THROUGH OUR CONNECTOR

LIKE A SPEED DEMON

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98791 on: March 19, 2016, 07:15:18 pm »

Mostly because most anything gets slurred together such that you'll be able to distinguish maybe 2-3 consonant sounds if you're not intimately familiar with it.
Nah, it's just that they're pronounced literally identical in this area, and I generally don't use either word enough to remember (or care) which is which :V

Not really slurred together, there's just not a difference in pronunciation. Ten-ent, either way. The one not having to do with renters doesn't really get used enough for anyone to really care, heh.

Even though I know the difference, as someone from southern Louisiana, whew yes they sound almost identical when I say them. I bet most of my relatives - who I think have thick accents - would probably sound completely identical.
There's a difference?
I... I honestly thought they were pronounced the same. Now I'm not sure which one I've been saying wrong for years.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #98792 on: March 20, 2016, 12:37:14 am »

The one not having to do with renters doesn't really get used enough for anyone to really care, heh.
Yeah, even the Dark Brotherhood had stopped following the Five Tenets by the time the Dragonborn found them.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #98793 on: March 20, 2016, 01:01:52 am »

There's a difference?
I... I honestly thought they were pronounced the same. Now I'm not sure which one I've been saying wrong for years.
Well, one's ten-et, the others' ten-ant.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98794 on: March 20, 2016, 01:05:00 am »

There's a difference?
Yeah, I really don't know what else to say there.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #98795 on: March 20, 2016, 01:07:00 am »

I swear 40% of your posts are literally just you saying you don't know what to post
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98796 on: March 20, 2016, 01:07:23 am »

There's a difference?
I've been saying ten-ent for both. so...
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98797 on: March 20, 2016, 06:36:31 am »

I swear 40% of your posts are literally just you saying you don't know what to post
Platonically not knowing what to post.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98798 on: March 20, 2016, 10:32:31 am »

Saw a posting offering a $7,500 reward for information on whoever killed a 7-month-old pit bull and left it hanging from a tree.

Seriously, what kind of monster does something like that?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98799 on: March 20, 2016, 11:52:32 am »

Saw a posting offering a $7,500 reward for information on whoever killed a 7-month-old pit bull and left it hanging from a tree.

Seriously, what kind of monster does something like that?

Somebody annoyed by its barking, probably. My dog got fed a poisoned steak by my neighbor when I was a kid for just that reason. Selfishness combined with a fear of confrontation is the reason, and it's much more common than it has any right to be.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #98800 on: March 20, 2016, 12:16:27 pm »

A monster whose head is worth $7,500 apparently. Remember, Witchers have two swords, and despite the common notion, both of them are for monsters.
Before someone screams at me - I don't advocate killing people who kill dogs, but a very high fine should be in place. Or prison. Or something.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98801 on: March 20, 2016, 12:26:06 pm »

I'll confess...  In one of the places I lived, one of my neighbors had a pair of incredibly annoying dogs.  They barked a *lot*.  Despite a large picket fence, they were sure that their territory extended well into our yard, and were particularly offended by me specifically.
(Our neighbors on the other side had two dogs also, larger actually, but they were super friendly and never barked except at other dogs.  I enjoyed taking them on walks)

Point is, I had a lot of really malicious thoughts towards those loud dogs.  I had some pretty sick fantasies, and my brother and I would compete to come up with the worst.  Such is youth :P

But I never seriously considered killing them.  It wasn't their fault, they were just bored and excited to interact with someone.  My beef wasn't with the dogs, it was with the neighbors, and I didn't have a solution to demand.  Or the courage.  So I suffered it.

Murdering someone's pet is a craven act, absolutely disgusting.  I hated those dogs but I would have confronted the owner, not hurt the animals.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98802 on: March 20, 2016, 12:27:15 pm »

From a purely legal point of view, killing someone's dog can be equated to burning their house down. A pedigreed dog, when considered to be property, can be very expensive. The culprit, when caught, would have to pay the owner for damage. Paying that bounty might even leave them with money in hand in addition to the taste of sweet justice.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #98803 on: March 20, 2016, 01:12:30 pm »

From a purely legal point of view, killing someone's dog can be equated to burning their house down. A pedigreed dog, when considered to be property, can be very expensive. The culprit, when caught, would have to pay the owner for damage. Paying that bounty might even leave them with money in hand in addition to the taste of sweet justice.
I'd take alive dog over money in hand and taste of sweet justice any day.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98804 on: March 20, 2016, 01:32:54 pm »

So would I.

This is not the same thing, as it's not a living being, but a few years back my brother forgot his 200€ bike on his school's yard overnight. In the morning, it was found in pieces strewn across the yard. My father, in addition to reporting it to the police, posted a 100€ bounty on the school's notice board for information leading to catching the culprit(s). Nobody ever called us and the crime went unsolved.
Pages: 1 ... 6585 6586 [6587] 6588 6589 ... 11040