Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6574 6575 [6576] 6577 6578 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14441535 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #98625 on: March 16, 2016, 10:18:12 pm »

It is definitely possible to be thrown out of your own party. The main thing is to be unpopular enough that folks want you gone, yet capable of getting them there in the first place - for instance, by offering expensive refreshments, or cheap booze if you're at a college. Also, if it's on your property, being too much of a wimp to call the police.

definitely not speaking from experience here or anything No, seriously, this is actually a joke post.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98626 on: March 16, 2016, 10:37:55 pm »

Either my family is insane or they've been running into people with telepathy. Or spirits.

A man walked up to my nan, and told her to "Trust in Jesus". This was at the hospital. He was probably just trying to keep peoples' spirits up, I think.

A woman walked up to my mom in Walmart. Helped her pick out a rug. Then told her to "be strong".

Meanwhile, all I get is propositioned by an elderly asian man. Parked by the side of a highway while I was walking home, asks me to come into the back of his van for two hours, and that he'd pay me. I said no.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98627 on: March 16, 2016, 11:00:24 pm »

Either my family is insane or they've been running into people with telepathy. Or spirits.

A man walked up to my nan, and told her to "Trust in Jesus". This was at the hospital. He was probably just trying to keep peoples' spirits up, I think.

A woman walked up to my mom in Walmart. Helped her pick out a rug. Then told her to "be strong".

Meanwhile, all I get is propositioned by an elderly asian man. Parked by the side of a highway while I was walking home, asks me to come into the back of his van for two hours, and that he'd pay me. I said no.
...did you write down the plate numbers and give them to the police?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #98628 on: March 16, 2016, 11:02:12 pm »

Ron Perlman's Australian accent in "Enemy at the Gates" is most bizarre.

Particularly since he's playing a Russian.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98629 on: March 16, 2016, 11:04:54 pm »

No. Probably should have. I don't know what he wanted. Wouldn't say. Just said he'd pay me if I went with him for an hour or two.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 11:19:27 pm by BlackFlyme »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98630 on: March 16, 2016, 11:16:19 pm »

No. Probably should have. I don't know what he wanted. Wouldn't say. Just said he'd pay me if I went with him for an hour or two.
Best you can do is write down his appearance, maybe anything about the van that you remember. Seriously, this story reeks of a kidnapping-in-the-making.

EDIT: Whoa what happened there
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 11:29:46 pm by Sirus »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98631 on: March 16, 2016, 11:24:35 pm »

that quoting made me go wtf

Also tomorrow's going to be interesting.  I planned to stay up tonight to work on the pile, but the RP session ended early and I find I'm just... so sleepy.  I just have to really focus on it tomorrow, that's all.  It'll be easy once I hit a rhythm.

Tomorrow morning.  I'll fix a big pot of stew, put on some repetitive techno, and just do it.  Absolutely won't think about when exactly it'd needed on Friday, because I don't know, and I'll just procrastinate if I think about that.  Wait, think about what?  Exactly.  zzz
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #98632 on: March 16, 2016, 11:27:07 pm »

The girl from the 15 episode of RWBY volume one (geez that's really specific). She's so strange, and what's worse is she reminds me of me. Or maybe that's a good thing. I dunno :P
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98633 on: March 16, 2016, 11:30:39 pm »

The girl from the 15 episode of RWBY volume one (geez that's really specific). She's so strange, and what's worse is she reminds me of me. Or maybe that's a good thing. I dunno :P
You talking about Penny? Yeah, she's not half-bad.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98634 on: March 16, 2016, 11:33:19 pm »

Well, considering that while reading that I thought you were Neonevik, until I looked at your name... Yeah, that probably means you are pretty strange! :P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98635 on: March 17, 2016, 12:07:38 am »

Well, considering that while reading that I thought you were Neonevik, until I looked at your name... Yeah, that probably means you are pretty strange! :P
Huh, I did the exact same thing.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #98636 on: March 17, 2016, 12:40:05 am »

Less time was spent between me making the ki system for Sparking and me beating undertale than me beating undertale and now

it... really doesn't feel that way...

i think i may have just been very unproductive in the last 6 months... oh.....

EDIT: what's with the comparisons between Dwarf Fortress and Minecraft, like, I know Notch was inspired by DF but it's basically in the sense of involving digging, that's it, the very most basic elements of both Minecraft and Dwarf Fortress's gameplay fail to be present in the other (Minecraft is based around unique items and blocks, Dwarf Fortress has neither of those to any respect; DF is based on complex systems interacting with each other, Minecraft... isn't even remotely). It's actually really fascinating, I like both of them for utterly different reasons.

Next version of DF I'm going to try porting as many Minecraft mods as I can possibly consider useful, though. Adventure mode is going to be legitimately playable that way. Still no magic items that do anything, but wait what the hell I invented magic items that do things in DF I'm not sure why I'm so bummed about it "not being possible".
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 01:57:40 am by Putnam »

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #98637 on: March 17, 2016, 02:02:31 am »

The air conditioner in this room is making the classic poison gas seeping into room sound effect. Just what. Do I know too much and must be eliminated?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #98638 on: March 17, 2016, 02:06:47 am »

Give the AC some percussive maintenance and the sound should stop. The gas flow won't, though.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #98639 on: March 17, 2016, 02:20:04 am »

Let's not get me kicked out the university four just that. Plus it's a central ac kinda deal so not sure where I'd erm, perform percussive maintenance.
Pages: 1 ... 6574 6575 [6576] 6577 6578 ... 11040