Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6553 6554 [6555] 6556 6557 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14442543 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #98310 on: March 13, 2016, 07:43:43 am »

It returned in the same position...on another thing I wanted to recycle after being used by relatives/family :I
Speaking as someone living in the land of murderous spiders, it is quite evident to me that it's playing the long con and doing that in an attempt to stop humans from recycling as much, thereby resulting in further pollution and eventually leading to the demise of our species :3
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #98311 on: March 13, 2016, 08:15:13 am »

Nudged a plastic-thingy and suddenly it sprang at the thingy with both forelegs and its pincers, before methodically returning to its original position.

This is most likely an aggressive kind of spider. I advise you apply fire.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98312 on: March 13, 2016, 08:16:59 am »

My fucking computer restarted itself to install Windows 10 while I was away and eating,without asking for permission.

This is not ok on so many levels.

When I updated to Windows 7, right at the start of the install, it said it would probably restart several times...

Wait, did it install Windows 10 without asking for permission? That really is not ok. At all.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98313 on: March 13, 2016, 08:30:45 am »

I wish mine would do that... I keep forgetting to update.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #98314 on: March 13, 2016, 08:44:10 am »

Nudged a plastic-thingy and suddenly it sprang at the thingy with both forelegs and its pincers, before methodically returning to its original position.

This is most likely an aggressive kind of spider. I advise you apply fire.
Most likely a hunting spider, after other spiders. You get them in New Zealand, don't know about many other places.
One wheel short of a wagon

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #98315 on: March 13, 2016, 09:45:22 am »

I wish mine would do that... I keep forgetting to update.
Wanting it to update to something else unexpectedly is not a good thing, Yoink! That way leads to accidentally getting arch linux or something :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98316 on: March 13, 2016, 09:51:21 am »

If the spider is as big as half of a 12' ruler, then isn't it just as big as a 6' ruler?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #98317 on: March 13, 2016, 10:13:00 am »

If the spider is as big as half of a 12' ruler, then isn't it just as big as a 6' ruler?
I'm partially familiar with how big these spiders get since I see them at home a lot :P Though seemingly of different variety (they're all brown, but this one had stripes!)
So I'm more approximating size since I can't hold up a ruler to them.
It's bigger than this one of when I compared it to my hand though! As in a bit bigger to fit in my palm and whole hand.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #98318 on: March 13, 2016, 10:14:48 am »

I remember rearing one of those little things into a big mother so she could infest my shed with her spiderlings and end the wasp menace once and for all. The plan worked perfectly

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98319 on: March 13, 2016, 10:57:21 am »

My fucking computer restarted itself to install Windows 10 while I was away and eating,without asking for permission.

I can't believe Microsoft is getting away with this un-stoppable badgering.  I think I'm fine as long as I keep closing it out, but I'm worried I'll accidentally "accept".  It keeps happening to people unwantedly, so I assume it's absurdly easy to do by accident.

I really should disable it, but that involves uninstalling and permanently skipping a windows update.  Seriously, how the hell are they getting away with this?  Whether 8 is crap or not, this is obtrusive and disrespectful.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98320 on: March 13, 2016, 11:07:15 am »

re: transprogrammer

maybe cause being trans and being a programmer tend to be really big parts of peoples identities? :v
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98321 on: March 13, 2016, 11:28:21 am »

"Alright Jim, we have a new cleaning product to put on the market. It's toxic to breathe in, and we need to find a way to advertise it. Any suggestions?"

"Make it smell like lemons!"

"You're a fucking genius, Jim. Have a raise."

What is it about lemon scent that makes some people forget about every other aspect of a product? Unfortunately, I am working today. There's toxic, irritant, cleaning spray. It smells like lemons. Because it smells like lemons, people think it's harmless and environmentally friendly. It is neither, as it is toxic and environmentally unfriendly.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #98322 on: March 13, 2016, 11:29:34 am »

I can't believe Microsoft is getting away with this un-stoppable badgering.  I think I'm fine as long as I keep closing it out, but I'm worried I'll accidentally "accept".  It keeps happening to people unwantedly, so I assume it's absurdly easy to do by accident.

I really should disable it, but that involves uninstalling and permanently skipping a windows update.  Seriously, how the hell are they getting away with this?  Whether 8 is crap or not, this is obtrusive and disrespectful.

I'd guess the reason they're getting away with it is no one has attempted to sue or press charges. Because Microsoft is big and could probably afford a ton of lawyers.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98323 on: March 13, 2016, 11:46:28 am »

Possibly a slight wtf, the AmeriPol thread gets Toadlocked for a big derail and the EuroPol thread which had a sort of similar derail didn't get Toadlocked?

I think anyway, not sure what the lockage was over, but there was a derail.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98324 on: March 13, 2016, 11:48:17 am »

Looks like he's removing one particular post and the responses it engendered. Gotta be careful with the derails though, folks.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin
Pages: 1 ... 6553 6554 [6555] 6556 6557 ... 11040