Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6540 6541 [6542] 6543 6544 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14442333 times)

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #98115 on: March 09, 2016, 05:49:43 pm »

I'd respect someone with a degree in Gender Studies/Philosophy/Art History/whatever more than someone with a degree from their university's business college in Business Admin or Communications or whatever. They'll have learned more useful knowledge from it, too.
Uh....that's a joke, right?
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #98116 on: March 09, 2016, 05:53:34 pm »

A gender studies degree is meh. Not too vocational, could be good or vad sign.

One of those degrees, unless you like middle management, on the other hand.... they're regarded as sort-of "not degrees", in academia, a fair bit, at least.
One wheel short of a wagon

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #98117 on: March 09, 2016, 05:54:42 pm »

Isn't the IQ test not really supposed to measure intelligence, but brain development anyways?
I seem to recall reading that it's supposed to measure learning capacity. Or learning ability. How easy/quickly you can learn a new concept. Something like that.

I'd respect someone with a degree in Gender Studies/Philosophy/Art History/whatever more than someone with a degree from their university's business college in Business Admin or Communications or whatever. They'll have learned more useful knowledge from it, too.
I'm neither a business major or a lib arts major, but if I was hiring someone for a business and had to choose between the two I'd pick the business major unless some shit quota absolutely forced me to hire lib arts majors. A business major at least implies you know something about business and management. I assume.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #98118 on: March 09, 2016, 06:09:04 pm »

IQ is a rough metric of how smart you are. People with higher IQs have better cognitive ability and general knowledge. My IQ is 190, which means I am vastly superior to the rest of you pheasants.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98119 on: March 09, 2016, 06:09:21 pm »

A customer locked their kid in the car today. Another customer saw the kid trying to get out, and informed my sister. We make an announcement over the store PA, and just as we were about to call the police, the parent comes for their kid. Apparently, she thought our threat to call the police was pretty funny, she was laughing about it.

...Yeah, probably should have called the police anyway.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98120 on: March 09, 2016, 06:33:26 pm »

IQ is a rough metric of how smart you are. People with higher IQs have better cognitive ability and general knowledge. My IQ is 190, which means I am vastly superior to the rest of you pheasants.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98121 on: March 09, 2016, 06:35:12 pm »

You appear to have stuck an extra 0 on end of your IQ score, there.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #98122 on: March 09, 2016, 06:36:48 pm »

You appear to have stuck an extra 0 on end of your IQ score, there.
I belive he also added extra 19 to the front.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #98123 on: March 09, 2016, 06:39:49 pm »

You know the internet "IQ tester" sites give you a simple test and trick you into buying a certificate of high-IQ, right? Same as with Who's Who lists.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #98124 on: March 09, 2016, 06:48:21 pm »

You know the internet "IQ tester" sites give you a simple test and trick you into buying a certificate of high-IQ, right? Same as with Who's Who lists.
You know OW was joking? Probably. (Hopefully).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #98126 on: March 09, 2016, 07:19:42 pm »

Oh. That's why people were freaking out over the ringo starr tweet more than i expected them to.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #98127 on: March 09, 2016, 07:52:22 pm »

I actually scored like 95 on one of those internet IQ testers which was pretty embarrassing. I didn't even know they went that low.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98128 on: March 09, 2016, 07:54:01 pm »

Don't feel that bad; 70 IQ points is more or less the cutoff for a fully functional human being.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #98129 on: March 09, 2016, 08:14:25 pm »

At first I parsed that as average human being, which confused me because that would be IQ 100 by definition.

But IQ is a vacuous term anyways. Even if you don't think it's completely useless, it's still split into different parts which don't make sense when put together as an overall IQ score.

Also, IQ pattern tests are probably made by so eone with schizophrenia.

Edit: I tried one of those online tests because reasons. I think it's heavily skewed in favor of people who are good at mathematics because I got 140.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 08:51:20 pm by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 6540 6541 [6542] 6543 6544 ... 11040