Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6534 6535 [6536] 6537 6538 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14445878 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #98025 on: March 08, 2016, 09:17:42 pm »

I dunno, the boot on page 1 looks pretty robust.
i think you'll find those are sneakers

don't ask me how
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #98026 on: March 08, 2016, 09:35:43 pm »

I dunno, the boot on page 1 looks pretty robust.
i think you'll find those are sneakers

don't ask me how
"Sporty dude sneakers" to be precise.

Must be sneakers for sporty dudes. Rich sporty dudes.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #98027 on: March 08, 2016, 10:39:59 pm »

TBH those look like they're made out of really thin, supple leather. Good for being trendy, bad for wear. Not to mention the ventilation holes at the bottom (RIP feet in wet conditions) and near-total lack of tread.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #98028 on: March 09, 2016, 12:32:15 am »

riot did their "take over, destroy community, insist on going to own game" thing again

okay so that's kinda unfair (i'd never even heard of Rising Thunder), but the parallels are too obvious to pass up

anyway, riot's actually making another game holy shit

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98029 on: March 09, 2016, 01:42:39 am »

...Hm. Stonehearth looks interesting. Like an aboveground, voxel DF. I'll have to keep an eye on it.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #98030 on: March 09, 2016, 02:41:44 am »

Nothing like showing half awake to uni only to find out that class is cancelled due to weather, weather being slightly big amounts of rain.

Post script, just got outside before making this post, went from dry weather to practically buckets falling real fast.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98031 on: March 09, 2016, 08:52:07 am »

Crazy male supremacist comment on youtube.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's kinda funny that him and his worldviews give people like Sarkeesian a leg to stand on.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #98032 on: March 09, 2016, 08:59:46 am »

But if the "beta male white knight armies" can kick the "alpha male dudes" arses, then who is the beta male?
Love, scriver~

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98033 on: March 09, 2016, 09:04:00 am »

It's kinda funny that him and his worldviews give people like Sarkeesian a leg to stand on.
Awful as that guy is, I don't believe that he gives me any more faith in the ideology that "We decide what's racist and sexist and we have to point it out to you".

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98034 on: March 09, 2016, 09:30:45 am »

Awful as that guy is, I don't believe that he gives me any more faith in the ideology that "We decide what's racist and sexist and we have to point it out to you".
True but he's proof that feminists have other things to fight for than their own delusions and a nonexistent evil patriarchy that keeps them down.
Things like this guy spewing rabid androcentrism and his kin who would like to see women reduced to a free fuck and house service with rights equal to what they get in Saudi Arabia.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98035 on: March 09, 2016, 09:34:28 am »

True but he's proof that feminists have other things to fight for than their own delusions and a nonexistent evil patriarchy that keeps them down.
Things like this guy spewing rabid androcentrism and his kin who would like to see women reduced to a free fuck and house service with rights equal to what they get in Saudi Arabia.
If they primarily focused on fighting these people, I'd be a little less jaded concerning them.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98036 on: March 09, 2016, 10:49:39 am »

So let's lock them all in a room with a big pile of weapons and no medical supplies, then when the bloodshed is over we just send any survivors to the electric chair. The world would get on much better if both groups were terminated abruptly and with extreme prejudice.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #98037 on: March 09, 2016, 10:51:54 am »

So let's lock them all in a room with a big pile of weapons and no medical supplies, then when the bloodshed is over we just send any survivors to the electric chair. The world would get on much better if both groups were terminated abruptly and with extreme prejudice.
Little bit extreme is it not?

"You guys disagree, so we're gonna lock you in a room 'til you kill each other. Survivors will be executed."

Are both sets of ideas so reprehensible that we need to eliminate anyone who holds them in high regard?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #98038 on: March 09, 2016, 10:53:14 am »

If they primarily focused on fighting these people, I'd be a little less jaded concerning them.

Definitely. Instead, that guy who holds the door open for women is also equally condemnable.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98039 on: March 09, 2016, 10:56:24 am »

Hey, if it wasn't mildly sexist I probably wouldn't  be doing it. I'm a bit of a hipster in that regard.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 6534 6535 [6536] 6537 6538 ... 11040