Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6493 6494 [6495] 6496 6497 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14448474 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #97410 on: February 26, 2016, 10:32:37 pm »

When did Bohandas get banned?
You're the guy reading the moderation log.
How does calendar formed
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97411 on: February 26, 2016, 10:32:40 pm »

I meant 'where'.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #97412 on: February 26, 2016, 10:35:19 pm »

I meant 'where'.
WTF thread, I think. IIRC, discussion turned to gender identity (i.e. Russian Roulette) and he finally crossed the line with blatant, unrepentant bigotry and subsequently ignored requests to stop or tone it down.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97413 on: February 26, 2016, 10:37:55 pm »

I meant 'where'.
WTF thread, I think. IIRC, discussion turned to gender identity (i.e. Russian Roulette) and he finally crossed the line with blatant, unrepentant bigotry and subsequently ignored requests to stop or tone it down.
I'd disagree on some of that. Let's not trashtalk him too much, hmm?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #97414 on: February 26, 2016, 10:38:41 pm »

I wasn't there, I'm just parroting. :v
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #97415 on: February 26, 2016, 10:45:24 pm »

I honest to God don't recognise the name. But then I recognise people by avatar almost exclusively.

I am kind of in a similar situation with that.
However I do recognize you, also that penguin / polar bear kind of rings a few bells as well.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97416 on: February 26, 2016, 11:04:04 pm »

I meant 'where'.
I'd disagree on some of that. Let's not trashtalk him too much, hmm?
There were also warnings and I believe a mute before that. It's very hard to get banned for a first offense around here unless that offense is either unrelenting spam or actually illegal stuff.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97417 on: February 26, 2016, 11:08:42 pm »

I find it a bit surprising how unwilling people are to change, even after being warned.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #97418 on: February 26, 2016, 11:11:55 pm »

I find it a bit surprising how unwilling people are to change, even after being warned.

Because it's a group of words on the internet. It's a lot easier to ignore that and carry on being a bigoted arse in that instance than when someone verbally tells you to shut up or gtfo.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #97419 on: February 26, 2016, 11:17:37 pm »

Because it's a group of words on the internet. It's a lot easier to ignore that and carry on being a bigoted arse in that instance than when someone verbally tells you to shut up or gtfo.
Even a group of words on the internet has meaning and impact :) It's the medium on how it was presented and how much the receiver thinks and takes from it. Though a good point is that words on the internet while being there for quite a long time, compared to words verbally said being only present in memory, it's the manner of communication. One can easily interrupt and divert conversations verbally, whereas on the internet, it's a consecutive piecing of ideas in that nobody can interrupt you while you type your post--so the responsibility also comes with what you type since you can modify it in all the time it takes before pressing the post button.

This sometimes does not occur because of how familiarity happens in internet communication. A post may then become as casual a conversation as the idea presents itself. :-\

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97420 on: February 26, 2016, 11:18:08 pm »

Still, I would think the Word of the Toad would carry more weight. It may just be words on the internet, but that doesn't stop it from being a firmly worded letter from the management.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #97421 on: February 26, 2016, 11:22:36 pm »

I honest to God don't recognise the name. But then I recognise people by avatar almost exclusively.
Man you must HAAAAATE me :P

Actually now I'm wondering how many people are upset with me for not having an avatar.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #97422 on: February 26, 2016, 11:27:55 pm »

You can be That Guy With No Avatar, unless theres several of you.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #97423 on: February 26, 2016, 11:31:38 pm »

Even a group of words on the internet has meaning and impact :) It's the medium on how it was presented and how much the receiver thinks and takes from it. Though a good point is that words on the internet while being there for quite a long time, compared to words verbally said being only present in memory, it's the manner of communication. One can easily interrupt and divert conversations verbally, whereas on the internet, it's a consecutive piecing of ideas in that nobody can interrupt you while you type your post--so the responsibility also comes with what you type since you can modify it in all the time it takes before pressing the post button.

This sometimes does not occur because of how familiarity happens in internet communication. A post may then become as casual a conversation as the idea presents itself. :-\

I meant it in more of a "this is much easier to ignore because it's just emotionless letters, as opposed to angry man telling you to keep quiet or get out." The words mean the same thing, but carry different impacts.

Either way, ignoring a warning is stupid.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97424 on: February 26, 2016, 11:41:17 pm »

Something about Toady's avatar just gives me an impression of authority and slight disapproval. If I got a PM from that avatar saying that I was being a jerk, I would reconsider my life.
... Maybe people who get banned have avatars turned off?
Pages: 1 ... 6493 6494 [6495] 6496 6497 ... 11040