Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6469 6470 [6471] 6472 6473 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14458246 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #97050 on: February 22, 2016, 05:07:22 pm »

I had the demo to that game from jampack or something.  Only had the third level.

Game's hard as balls.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97051 on: February 22, 2016, 05:30:48 pm »

...I mean, at the time, I had been awake 28+ hours straight with no caffeine, which explains why it seemed to just.. appear. :P
Maybe it's related to your Madness Talent? :P
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97052 on: February 22, 2016, 05:31:07 pm »

Ha
Black lives matter.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #97053 on: February 22, 2016, 05:59:03 pm »

I feel like I should insert something about expectations coming true here.
Yeah...
i really don't have a reason to be optimistic about my chances. i dont see how assuming anybody is attracted to me would help me apart from giving me false hope and then feeling like shit when nothing happens
i just assume nobody is attracted to me, which hasn't failed me yet
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=48718.msg5695556#msg5695556

Amusing filter aside, you look good.  And you're a cool guy who volunteered a shitton to make other people happy.  I don't know if you need to lower your standards, or just get out there more. 

I know how it is to be trapped in a negative self-confidence loop.  But it didn't go away by wallowing, it only got worse!  It's a vicious cycle, you have to break out.  You need motivation.  I wanted financial freedom.  Apparently you want to sex people - great, use that!

I assuaged my social awkwardness by forcing myself to talk to strangers at every opportunity.  Yeah it was awkward and uncomfortable.  But it helps, particularly once I realized that people like to talk about themselves.  Listening is the most attractive social skill...  So grind that skill!  Learn how to casually encourage someone to keep talking.  People LOVE that.  It helps a lot if you actually follow what they're saying, of course.

And while my expectations were super low, I was actually pleasantly surprised...  A lot (maybe not most) people say some interesting things when given an ear.  And in my experience, the successes are worth it...  And the skill of listening is incredibly useful when you need to flatter someone, like for work.

Uh I don't know how much of this applies to you specifically, I just went on a tangent.  What'd you say... Oh, yeah that's bs.
I'm a better listener in person I swear.
i try to get "out there" more, it's why i decided to start playing mtg. except everybody at my lgs is a dude so it basically didn't help me at all. yay. what the fuck am i even supposed to do when all of my interests are massive sausage fests.

and i try to be a good listener, but people don't actually seem to want to say anything to me.

also, i just look like shit usually

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #97054 on: February 22, 2016, 06:12:19 pm »

also, i just look like shit usually
That one, at least, is easy to fix. Wake up 10 minutes earlier and go to bed 10 minutes later, and use those 10 minutes before and after sleeping to do some little steps towards making yourself look better (shower, shave, push ups, whatever you feel will push you towards looking better). Force yourself to hold that habit without ever breaking it for at least 2 weeks (a month is preferable) to establish it as a habit. Then stop worrying about it (or at least don't go out of your way to do so), and over time if you hold that habit you will eventually start to look better. Change is slow, but as long as you're moving towards the goal then you're winning.

i try to get "out there" more, it's why i decided to start playing mtg. except everybody at my lgs is a dude so it basically didn't help me at all. yay. what the fuck am i even supposed to do when all of my interests are massive sausage fests.
On the other hand really the only answer to something like this is "find a hobby that isn't a massive sausage fest", sadly. Find something that sounds somewhat interesting and that is a bit more gender neutral and start looking into it. If you look hard enough there is usually at least something that you can find somewhat interesting and has both genders. That said it is worth mentioning that even talking with members of the same sex is still good social practice; maybe not quite as good at obtaining your eventual goal, but still helpful at least in some ways.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #97055 on: February 22, 2016, 06:30:01 pm »

I feel like I should insert something about expectations coming true here.
Yeah...
i really don't have a reason to be optimistic about my chances. i dont see how assuming anybody is attracted to me would help me apart from giving me false hope and then feeling like shit when nothing happens
Think that's bad? Have that, along with constant/consistent statements from all kinds of people, family and friends (and associates/strangers) alike, saying all kinds of positive reinforcement of that kind of stuff, like "You'll be fighting women off of you (because you'll be attracting all kinds), you have nothing to worry about." and other bullshit like that, and still have the same predictable crappy results, and... well, you get the idea. All that being uplifted by such things does is makes your landing that much harder when you meet the cold hard ground of reality of the real world at terminal velocity. Sometimes, I wonder who is more delusional: Myself, or everyone else. Needle still points to everyone else, given consistent results.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 06:35:23 pm by Itnetlolor »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97056 on: February 22, 2016, 06:37:54 pm »

Was Yoink's NYR "Party harder"?
'Cos that sounds like him.

...It took me half the goddamn morning just to find that post. >.>
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97057 on: February 22, 2016, 06:40:02 pm »

TBF me partying twice as hard would be dead easy. In fact it's almost inevitable at this point in time.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #97058 on: February 22, 2016, 06:42:37 pm »

Two times zero is zero
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #97059 on: February 22, 2016, 06:45:42 pm »

Was Yoink's NYR "Party harder"?
'Cos that sounds like him.

...It took me half the goddamn morning just to find that post. >.>
Recovering from a night of partying, eh?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97060 on: February 22, 2016, 06:46:11 pm »

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #97061 on: February 22, 2016, 06:47:51 pm »

I could party.

I just don't want to, and find the entire thing both disturbing and discomforting.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97062 on: February 22, 2016, 06:54:47 pm »

New phone, new problems ::). My new phone is saying it needs to be activated, and my old phone is saying it's no longer registered. I can't use either one. The new phone has my phone number on it, so something transferred.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #97063 on: February 22, 2016, 06:59:09 pm »

I could party.
I just don't want to, and find the entire thing both disturbing and discomforting.
To be fair there is something sincere about drifting through the urban jungle with alcohol appearing in your hand from sources unknown to you into lovely nights of grungy love, in that order. Everything afterwards less so

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97064 on: February 22, 2016, 07:27:23 pm »

Recovering from a night of partying, eh?
Naw, I just foolishly tried to use the search feature to find it.
Then I realised that it was just an image, so I grabbed it off Imgur and did a Google reverse image search, but that didn't help either. Finally, I did what I should have done to start with and went back through my posts to the start of the year. ::)

Also, partying is great. I used to think I didn't want to party. Party seemed like a bad idea. Then I tried party.
Now I have seen the light. And I don't mean the light beer.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 6469 6470 [6471] 6472 6473 ... 11040