Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6463 6464 [6465] 6466 6467 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14442027 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #96960 on: February 21, 2016, 12:34:45 pm »

Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #96961 on: February 21, 2016, 12:47:52 pm »

According to that article, the battle ended in a draw. So not so much 'children got slaughtered' as 'everyone got slaughtered'. The article also flip-flops between seriousness and fun-and-games, so I'm not sure if that's a sign of the marines' inability to defeat a bunch of schoolchildren or of the organizers not wanting to make children sad by telling them they lost.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #96962 on: February 21, 2016, 12:50:31 pm »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #96963 on: February 21, 2016, 01:05:42 pm »

remove smurfs

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96965 on: February 21, 2016, 03:32:23 pm »

Edit: genuine cleverness, btw. Never knew Wednesday was for Woden, God of humpday.
Tuesday, Thursday and Friday are for Týr, Thor and Freyja, respectively. Because whoever came up with the names of the weekdays really liked Nordic gods.
AFAIK they were named after Roman gods (Saturns Day, Sun Day, Moon Day) but the middle ones, Tuesday to Friday, were renamed to Norse equivalents of those Roman gods. Because reasons.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #96966 on: February 21, 2016, 03:39:58 pm »

Because the Norse gods were hardcore. Though they still used deities with basically the same spheres.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #96967 on: February 21, 2016, 03:50:55 pm »

Besides this commercial sending mixed messages, as the comments would state; how is this a signal of interest for men (to approach the girl), and how is that supposed to work (not to mention, how did the guy not get maced for being a creep while at it)?

And if it's all body language, then I need an eldritch tome to translate it, or something, because it's in a language that is indecipherable to me (or at least, I asked countless sources, and no takers; as if I was supposed to learn it by instinct or countless failures). I mean, I glance around my environments all the time to make sure nobody runs into me and such, and that's what it looked like she was doing in this commercial. I read no signals whatsoever, and apparently, one was sent in this commercial. I need some lessons on the latest "dating/hookup language", because I'm out of date with "be direct and honest (with yourself, as well as others)" as the default norm. not this linguistic puzzle.

EDIT:
For introverts, like myself, social interaction is complicated enough; for extroverts, it isn't complicated enough. That's my analysis.

EDIT EDIT:
At least, when I approached girls the same way as the dude (which was apparently charming in the commercial), I generally got hostile reactions and word spreading out that I was a creep. Getting the hint (after the dozenth or so (minimum) failure), role reversal is my solution. Cease any and all approaches, and have women humiliate themselves approaching me instead. I may or may not be motivated to be trigger-happy shooting them down as harshly as I am familiar with as a default response (eg- public humiliation as a standard response; regardless if they're a 10/10, smart, kind, funny, etc.; I tend to strike rather indiscriminately.), so heads-up. Of course, being a nice guy, I will at least hear them out first; see what 'material' they have in store for me to buy as an excuse of giving them the time of day. Unfortunately, that much failure, sans success anywhere in my lifetime, may give me a few temptations to do some psychology experiments, whether they win or lose against me. I want my lifetime's worth for what I had to put up with, and the lack of help for as long as I can recall.

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
If all else fails, I'll find some carcasses, seaweed, shells and the like, and go *BRAW* at the top of my lungs, while flapping my arms and standing on one foot on top of the mound I made. That might help things a tad.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 04:41:27 pm by Itnetlolor »

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #96968 on: February 21, 2016, 03:54:20 pm »

Evidently this world has an unreasonable number of madmen {And women, clearly}, who believe that social interaction must be made more complex than it already is.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #96969 on: February 21, 2016, 04:40:19 pm »

If your romantic hangups bother you to the point that you feel the need to torment other people, you should seek professional help instead.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #96970 on: February 21, 2016, 04:51:54 pm »

If your romantic hangups bother you to the point that you feel the need to torment other people, you should seek professional help instead.
I already seeked alphas, players, and pimps, and such for help; and even applied to my share of dating websites. They're just as useless as anyone else is on the field. Same applies to people in happy relationships, miserable ones, married, and even M/M and F/F relationships. We humans suck so badly at this, it's amazing we still reproduce.

As for psychological help, I am not open to losing out on $300/week just so I can get laid, or so the common perception seems. I just want to be human, and respected as such, preferably by another human being, and more preferably a girl. I miss being a kid when communication was simple. When you don't have to fear for your life that the girl you like won't dox you online because you didn't return her texts or some yandere BS like that.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #96971 on: February 21, 2016, 04:53:08 pm »

Besides this commercial sending mixed messages, as the comments would state; how is this a signal of interest for men (to approach the girl), and how is that supposed to work (not to mention, how did the guy not get maced for being a creep while at it)?

She looked at him, then eyed him up. Eye contact is generally regarded as the beginnings of interaction :P it appeared to be a come hither look. It was probably late and she was looking for the numbers, as I've been told is what happens in these situations. By a guy, anyway, who was all into shagging anything that was vaguely humanoid with female parts and a pulse.

However, if you'd like one that doesn't make sense, there is a romantic comedy called Wimbledon (involving tennis players at Wimbledon, funnily enough) in which male lead is told his room is the suite of female lead. Goes in, and is quite clearly in the wrong room, sees female lead showering, watches, female lead spies him and then engages him in conversation about the room instead of "ARGH GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY ROOM YOU DIRTY PERVERT!" and when he leaves, she does the sort of excited lip bite thing as though something cool has just happened.

PPE: the scene in question.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #96972 on: February 21, 2016, 04:59:25 pm »

She looked at him, then eyed him up. Eye contact is generally regarded as the beginnings of interaction :P it appeared to be a come hither look. It was probably late and she was looking for the numbers, as I've been told is what happens in these situations. By a guy, anyway, who was all into shagging anything that was vaguely humanoid with female parts and a pulse.
Yeah... I don't do eye contact. It creeps me the hell out, it's as if I can see into the soul of who I interact with, and they can see the same within me. Plus, it's more productive to pay attention to what I'm doing and talk at the same time.

When it comes to communication, at least for those that are introverts that absolutely hate eye contact, carrying a conversation works wonders; especially if it stays within the relevant topic. Being anti-eye contact means anyone is invited to the conversation at anytime (open invite). Naturally, being esoteric is a lonely existence, and I speak more often than I listen (not by choice, mind you); mainly because I'm more interesting, or making a complete ass of myself. Can't really tell since nobody within the handful of people in the conversation never carry on the topic or changes it even. If you didn't want to communicate with me, then why bother; or why not tell me to shut up instead?

EDIT:
What doesn't help my case is that I keep getting praised as some sort of genius or something with all the subjects I bring up, and how deep I get with them. And I do try to stay relevant enough to have a sufficient mutual interest with my peers. But alas, I am the only one talking most of the time, and when I have invited some level of response down the line, I barely get anything from anyone. It's a frustrating existence. If I had split personality disorder, I would get more feedback from my other selves than I would from other people.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 05:07:36 pm by Itnetlolor »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #96973 on: February 21, 2016, 05:02:35 pm »

I thought eye contact was biologically programmed into humans? Even some mammals? That whole thing from back in the days when we were lower down on the foodchain and would look to where others of us were gazing at to determine threats hiding in the grass or when we developed emotional intelligence and one-upped chimps with similar IQ by forming close-knit and increasingly complex cooperation

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #96974 on: February 21, 2016, 05:05:59 pm »

Yeah... I don't do eye contact. It creeps me the hell out, it's as if I can see into the soul of who I interact with, and they can see the same within me. Plus, it's more productive to pay attention to what I'm doing and talk at the same time.

When it comes to communication, at least for those that are introverts that absolutely hate eye contact, carrying a conversation works wonders; especially if it stays within the relevant topic. Being anti-eye contact means anyone is invited to the conversation at anytime (open invite). Naturally, being esoteric is a lonely existence, and I speak more than I listen; mainly because I'm more interesting, or making a complete ass of myself.

I am the opposite in that respect (in terms of the introvert thing) as I tend to prefer listening. I'm not good at formulating sentences, and for some reason my mouth works a lot faster than my brain so I can think about how to start a sentence, and then my brain falters over a word yet my mouth continues working, somewhat annoyingly.

This does lead to situations in which it's my turn to speak in a conversation and I don't say anything because my brain wants to find the right word and can't make the correct associations to get it, but ah well, I'm quite happy without social interaction, much to my wife's chagrin.

I thought eye contact was biologically programmed into humans? Even some mammals? That whole thing from back in the days when we were lower down on the foodchain and would look to where others of us were gazing at to determine threats hiding in the grass or when we developed emotional intelligence and one-upped chimps with similar IQ by forming close-knit and increasingly complex cooperation

Evolutionary pscyhology :o

But aye, babies look at their parent's eyes to make them go "oh shit it's looking at me whatdoIdo!?" or something like that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 6463 6464 [6465] 6466 6467 ... 11040