Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6413 6414 [6415] 6416 6417 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14449044 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #96210 on: February 11, 2016, 06:46:06 pm »

According to Control Panel, my computer has twenty-six different versions of MS Visual C++ installed.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96211 on: February 11, 2016, 07:29:24 pm »

Used to know someone who found cunt (also having trouble believing we're allowed to just throw that shit around here, Toady being American and whatnot.) inexplicably offensive.
So I basically avoided the term until I moved to the city at which point one of my cousins started hanging out with me and throwing it around.
Now when people welch on events or something I happily ring them and call them shitcunts.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #96212 on: February 11, 2016, 07:32:17 pm »

According to Control Panel, my computer has twenty-six different versions of MS Visual C++ installed.
beat 110 + and i even have visual studios itself too, surely this is unnessacary? also, i WTFed at the outcome of my own project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/96018672/

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96213 on: February 11, 2016, 08:31:42 pm »

Want to talk about bellends Balkans Falklands but will probably end up ranting about Thatcher.

-snip-
I am having a bad time, though, which confirms my statement.
Also, what did you mean to say? Because to me it sounded like 'Censor your opinions on gender roles that apply to you or people will think you're a MRA, and we wouldn't want that, huh? Huh? Also, chicks don't dig you haha jk'.
I mean, if we weren't all such good friends here, my fee-fees might have been mildly hurt by your PROBLEMATIC ATTITUDE.
Oh poor baby. Everyone going on at you and all.
The fact that you attacked concerns about the way society views women, while bringing in problems with the way they view men, suggests you have rather more anger than opinion. Which is a problem? Either? Neither? Just the men's one? Gosh no, you'd never say that.
Your reaction to the girls dig suggests a leetle touchiness over the whole "women" area, tbh. Also, complete lack of self awareness over "brute and destructive" stuff.

But what did I mean to say? That you seem more like someone raging at the fact people brought gender up than someone who gives a damn about male stereotypes? With your whole "women everywhere or something," that's the impression I'm getting.
Anger and opinion do not have to be mutually exclusive. I do not need to get a zero on the care-o-meter to present an opinion.
Both are indeed the problem, but the 'wimmin swearwords prove that muh patriarchy' argument hinges on ignoring one side of it, which I brought up. Now, you could make an argument that swearwords reflect gender preconceptions for both genders to a certain extent, and I would totally agree, but that was not the argument being made.
The girls dig was just a little childish, honestly, considering we don't even know each other. I'm not sure you need to get into your psychologist armchair over it. I am also not sure where that suggests a lack of self-awareness on my part either. Is the point you're trying to make that if I do not wish to be seen as brutish, I can't be mildly abrasive over lame jokes?
I'm not sure what to say about the whole 'you don't really give a damn about male stereotypes' bit. Errr... you're wrong? Will that do?

...I'm not sure this argument will progress anywhere nice. Willing to drop it if you are,  or we can just take it to PMs (though honestly, I'd rather just drop it).
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #96214 on: February 11, 2016, 08:39:04 pm »

aye, the only time an argument has gone somewhere productive after the words "poor baby" were involved was a debate on infant poverty
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #96215 on: February 11, 2016, 08:42:18 pm »

aye, the only time an argument has gone somewhere productive after the words "poor baby" were involved was a debate on infant poverty
dude that's insensitive to infants in poverty, only infants in poverty are allowed to talk about infants in poverty
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96216 on: February 11, 2016, 08:53:45 pm »

Oh geez.  Video in question being...?

this one

many people are like "but dance of dog is used"

"I define "not in-game" as stuff that you will not find without editing saves or datamining."

so dance of dog and sigh of dog, which require a corrupt save, mostly count.
People never read descriptions. Well, okay, some do, but then they don't comment on it.

Anyway. Put it in an annotation at the correct time-mark.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96218 on: February 11, 2016, 09:20:47 pm »

Purchased Bioshock: Infinite. Start the download... it's 42GB :-\. Actually, Steam says the download is 36.6GB now.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #96219 on: February 11, 2016, 09:46:07 pm »

So. Apparently Tom Kratman and David Weber are possible random results from X-COM 2 random name generator. A obscenely lucky Ranger and quite capable Grenadier respectively. Though Tom seems to be unable to be shot. Despite my habit of attempting to murder him via ayy lmaos.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96220 on: February 11, 2016, 09:49:19 pm »

dude that's insensitive to infants in poverty, only infants in poverty are allowed to talk about infants in poverty
infants cant talk theyre infants how insensitive are you seriously
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96221 on: February 11, 2016, 10:00:19 pm »

And yet they run for office.
Black lives matter.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96222 on: February 11, 2016, 10:05:29 pm »

And win.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #96223 on: February 11, 2016, 10:08:00 pm »

How many infants does it take to put on a toupee

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96224 on: February 11, 2016, 10:09:27 pm »

How many infants does it take to put on a toupee

None, they are made into toupees stupid!
Pages: 1 ... 6413 6414 [6415] 6416 6417 ... 11040