Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6411 6412 [6413] 6414 6415 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14446762 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #96180 on: February 11, 2016, 03:39:05 pm »

PROBLEMATIC ATTITUDE aside, how harsh is 'bellend'? Jim Sterling made me think it was pretty rough, but then he generally sounds like he hates everybody, and it just sounds so comical.

Jeremy Clarkson, of Top Gear fame, once got in trouble for getting a custom license plate that read something along the lines of "BEII END". An Argentinian official had this to say about the matter:
One local official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said: "We know bellend doesn't mean the end of the bell and is a word used instead to describe the head of the penis which is often employed as an insult in England.

Then said official claimed it was an attempt at insulting Argentina for the Falklands War.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 03:40:43 pm by BlackFlyme »

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96181 on: February 11, 2016, 03:42:19 pm »

Jim Sterling is the man I want to be. Able to act out a persona so goddamn perfectly...
PROBLEMATIC ATTITUDE aside, how harsh is 'bellend'? Jim Sterling made me think it was pretty rough, but then he generally sounds like he hates everybody, and it just sounds so comical.

Jeremy Clarkson, of Top Gear fame, once got in trouble for getting a custom license plate that read something along the lines of "BEII END". An Argentinian official had this to say about the matter:
One local official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said: "We know bellend doesn't mean the end of the bell and is a word used instead to describe the head of the penis which is often employed as an insult in England.

Then said official claimed it was an attempt at insulting Argentina for the Falklands War.
The explanation is the funniest thing about this whole situation.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96182 on: February 11, 2016, 03:45:38 pm »

Jeremy Clarkson, what a legend. I spit on those who replaced him and the other hosts of Top Gear, as well as all who helped cause that to happen.
Oh, and anyone who actually watches the pitiful new version of the show, except for the purpose of reviewing/mocking it, I suppose.

...I don't think I could ever take the swear 'bellend' seriously, no matter how much bodily harm I was threatened with.
Perhaps I've just watched too much Inbetweeners. >.>   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #96183 on: February 11, 2016, 03:48:52 pm »

He also drove through the country with a H982 FKL license plate = 1982 Falklands War
They had to leave after the locals actually tried to kill him

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96184 on: February 11, 2016, 03:50:03 pm »

Yeah, that'll do it.

Don't know much about the war beyond the Falklands being a Brit colony and Argentina trying to take it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96185 on: February 11, 2016, 03:53:36 pm »

Well, that's more than I knew about it.
For me it was just a plot point in a film or two.

...Does anyone remember the Top Gear episode where the team was motorbiking through Vietnam on a broken-down assortment of bikes, and if any of them broke down they were threatened with a ridiculously 'MERICAN bike, complete with speakers blaring a certain Bruce Springsteen song?
That was quite amusing.

I think I'll stop rambling about Top Gear, now.
Caught myself slipping into full-on ramble mode in that last paragraph, we're lucky it wasn't twice as long.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96186 on: February 11, 2016, 03:57:39 pm »

Lol, Argies still salty of the Falklands. Los Malvinos son Brittanicos m80. And also how the police apparently were accusing the Beeb of being rude when they got attacked by two angry mobs. I think maybe one of those issues is more worthy of police time than the other.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #96187 on: February 11, 2016, 04:01:04 pm »

Yeah, that'll do it.
Don't know much about the war beyond the Falklands being a Brit colony and Argentina trying to take it.
Without brushing on who discovered the islands, who has had de facto control, by what rights de jure or mandate or referendums, basically Argentina's military junta was fucking up their country and making it an economic backwater and needed to distract its people from all the "disappearings" of dissenters by declaring war on a nuclear power, NATO member, Great Power and permanent member of the U.N. security council. Doing such a war and winning instilled much national pride in the military rule, but the junta wrongly assumed the British didn't care about the islands (they had been fed false information by leftist MPs sympathetic to their cause) when Thatcher was in charge and set up a military cabinet as soon as she heard they had escalated the conflict. NEVER TRUST THE JUDGEMENT OF PEOPLE SYMPATHETIC TO YOU, IT'S LIKE TRUSTING YOUR MUM TO GIVE AN HONEST APPRAISAL OF YOUR SINGING. Anyways that war happens and the supply logistics make no sense, I think the main reason why the Brits won in spite of all the logistical impossibilities was that the Brits were volunteers, veterans, elite soldiers whilst the Argies were conscripts who didn't really want to fight in the war, and their gov accidentally demoralized their own troops by making up propaganda of devil Scots and cannibal Gurkhas that made the argie conscripts surrender instead of fight to the death. The islands were altogether not on the map for most Argies or Brits, but since the war the islands became a great big symbol for both nations. With the possibility of economically viable oil and the islands being a vital supply point for the Antarctic and Atlantic, there is also great importance for Port Stanley on the island, in addition to the national pride.

Lol, Argies still salty of the Falklands. Los Malvinos son Brittanicos m80. And also how the police apparently were accusing the Beeb of being rude when they got attacked by two angry mobs. I think maybe one of those issues is more worthy of police time than the other.
Obligatory

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #96188 on: February 11, 2016, 04:07:25 pm »

Well the conversation regarding certain swear words hasn't quite properly ended, so I shall throw in my two pennies.

Being from Scotland, I tend to overuse many, many offensive words, to the point that I (used to, 'cause I live in 'murrica now) compliment people with them.

In the words of the divisive comedian Frankie Boyle (don't look 'im up)

Quote from: Frankie Boyle
He just called me a cunt!

Aye, but he called you a good cunt.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96189 on: February 11, 2016, 04:08:59 pm »

Want to talk about bellends Balkans Falklands but will probably end up ranting about Thatcher.

-snip-
I am having a bad time, though, which confirms my statement.
Also, what did you mean to say? Because to me it sounded like 'Censor your opinions on gender roles that apply to you or people will think you're a MRA, and we wouldn't want that, huh? Huh? Also, chicks don't dig you haha jk'.
I mean, if we weren't all such good friends here, my fee-fees might have been mildly hurt by your PROBLEMATIC ATTITUDE.
Oh poor baby. Everyone going on at you and all.
The fact that you attacked concerns about the way society views women, while bringing in problems with the way they view men, suggests you have rather more anger than opinion. Which is a problem? Either? Neither? Just the men's one? Gosh no, you'd never say that.
Your reaction to the girls dig suggests a leetle touchiness over the whole "women" area, tbh. Also, complete lack of self awareness over "brute and destructive" stuff.

But what did I mean to say? That you seem more like someone raging at the fact people brought gender up than someone who gives a damn about male stereotypes? With your whole "women everywhere or something," that's the impression I'm getting.
One wheel short of a wagon

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96190 on: February 11, 2016, 04:12:48 pm »

Yeah, that'll do it.
Without brushing on who discovered the islands, who has had de facto control, by what rights de jure or mandate or referendums, basically Argentina's military junta was fucking up their country and making it an economic backwater and needed to distract its people from all the "disappearings" of dissenters by declaring war on a nuclear power, NATO member, Great Power and permanent member of the U.N. security council. Doing such a war and winning instilled much national pride in the military rule, but the junta wrongly assumed the British didn't care about the islands (they had been fed false information by leftist MPs sympathetic to their cause) when Thatcher was in charge and set up a military cabinet as soon as she heard they had escalated the conflict. NEVER TRUST THE JUDGEMENT OF PEOPLE SYMPATHETIC TO YOU, IT'S LIKE TRUSTING YOUR MUM TO GIVE AN HONEST APPRAISAL OF YOUR SINGING. Anyways that war happens and the supply logistics make no sense, I think the main reason why the Brits won in spite of all the logistical impossibilities was that the Brits were volunteers, veterans, elite soldiers whilst the Argies were conscripts who didn't really want to fight in the war, and their gov accidentally demoralized their own troops by making up propaganda of devil Scots and cannibal Gurkhas that made the argie conscripts surrender instead of fight to the death. The islands were altogether not on the map for most Argies or Brits, but since the war the islands became a great big symbol for both nations. With the possibility of economically viable oil and the islands being a vital supply point for the Antarctic and Atlantic, there is also great importance for Port Stanley on the island, in addition to the national pride.

Pretty much this. Up until the final breath of the Kirschner tyrannyadministration, the Malvines were ocasionaly brought up as some very odd government propaganda as a way of distancing Argentina from England and its allies and using that tiny shred of nationalism as a convenient smokescreen for some rather shady foreign relationship deals. The new government seems pretty decent so far, though.

I can't blame them on the whole EVIL GURKHAS propaganda deal, though, Gurkhas are pretty badass.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 04:14:53 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96191 on: February 11, 2016, 04:13:20 pm »

This seems like a good time for folks to take their chill pills.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #96192 on: February 11, 2016, 04:15:00 pm »

Gurkhas got the top notch sexiness down to a T

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96193 on: February 11, 2016, 04:19:02 pm »

This seems like a good time for folks to take their chill pills.
Indeed.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #96194 on: February 11, 2016, 04:21:20 pm »

TWO DAYS

8 YOUTUBE COMMENTS ALL SAYING THE SAME THING

ALL OF WHICH ARE TRYING TO TELL ME I'M WRONG

ALL OF WHICH HAVE THE EXACT SAME ANSWER

this is what happens when a video gets suddenly popular

it's had 4,990 views total, of which over half are from the last few days

unfortunately, it's part of a very active fandom, so people like to speak their piece even when IT'S BEEN ANSWERED SIX TIMES ALREADY

the worst part?

the answer is...

"read the description"
Pages: 1 ... 6411 6412 [6413] 6414 6415 ... 11040